Intelex Technologies Sales Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Found 9 reviews

2.7
Intelex Technologies CEO Mark Jaine
Mark Jaine

"Over promised, under delivered"

Sales in Toronto, ON

I worked at Intelex Technologies for less than a year

Pros

-A lot of really great people working there -Compensation is surprisingly competitive -Brand is relatively strong in the space

Cons

-Executive leadership (Company doesn't have a clear plan for the future) -Product (Often felt incomplete... a lot of the time it felt we were selling a "solution" that was cobbled together vs. the complete ESHQ solution we positioned it as -Culture seemed great when I joined, but became very toxic, large scale layoffs without explanation

Advice to Management

Put a bigger focus on employee satisfaction, turnover is rampant, metrics aren't being hit. Happy employees are usually high producing employees. Find a way to make people happy (I don't know how exactly to do this) but I'm sure unifying the team and making people feel valued will help with results, moral, and keeping employees.

Intelex Technologies2018-12-03

Intelex Technologies Response

December 7, 2018Corporate Brand Specialist

As we continue to evolve our overall employee experience, we appreciate the feedback received! We've made note of your feedback and brought them to the attention of the team.

"Sales Executive"

Former Employee - Sales Executive in Toronto, ON

I worked at Intelex Technologies full-time

Pros

Cool office, many perks, including gym membership, once a week breakfast, and all the millennial toys. Great culture.

Cons

No company is perfect, but can't think of anything negative to say.

Advice to Management

Make employee retention one of your top priorities.

Intelex Technologies2017-10-26

Intelex Technologies Response

January 2, 2018Corporate Brand Specialist

Thanks for your reflections as a alumni! We appreciate you taking the time to write a review about your experience here at Intelex. Employees are a top priority for us and have made note of your comment to examine our approach further.

"Great Culture, Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Sales in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Intelex Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

Company really tries to develop talent internally and help people achieve their long term career goals. Those who work hard, are rewarded accordingly. Cannot say enough good things about the people at this company.

Cons

Not too many cons here, management makes a point of personally checking with all staff members to ensure everything is okay and to understand if there is anything they can do to improve - best part, they actually listen and do their best to take recommendations into consideration

Advice to Management

Keep it up

Intelex Technologies2017-06-02

"New employee"

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Intelex Technologies full-time for less than a year

Pros

Huge Market with need that is uniquely filled by our solution Suite. Great refernceable customers to prove it. Huge opportunties for personal and career growth if you seize them. Top of market cash compensation and benefits.

Cons

Going thru natural growing pains of fast growth software company. Won't be easy or comfortable for all but worth the journey if you want be part of next great Canadian software success story.

Advice to Management

Stay the course! Love the transpaarency. Feel lucky to be here.

Intelex Technologies2016-12-15

"Lies"

Sales Director in Toronto, ON

I worked at Intelex Technologies

Pros

New location is great. The company is a leader in its market niche

Cons

As another reviewer mentioned, the CEO runs the company like his own personal kingdom. I know for a fact that the recent positive reviews are fake, planted by loyal subjects. For example: "Company is growing very fast. Unfortunately that caused some employees to get cut." When a company is growing very fast, senior management does NOT cut 25% of the sales team - the very idea is ludicrous. Salary, benefits,... and perks are all meh, but don't you DARE suggest that they could be improved upon. Weekly 8am Friday morning meetings that the CEO runs personally! The entire sales team (who schedules weekly 8am Friday morning meetings for salespeople?!?!) sits in a room together while the CEO berates them individually in front of their peers. The whole process is a waste of time and resources.

Advice to Management

You don't deserve advice after the way you dishonored your employees last month

Intelex Technologies2016-06-20

"High Change, High Rewards"

Current Employee - Sales Executive

I have been working at Intelex Technologies full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great place to be if you work hard! The company has grown so much through change. It's a new space that Intelex is looking to maintain its position through change.

Cons

Some people are too afraid of change. Some people are just there to collect a paycheck, join as many clubs as possible and drain the company of culture.

Advice to Management

Stay focused and involve your management team. Some of the management team have great ideas and best practices from outside of Intelex that could really benefit the company.

Intelex Technologies2016-05-25

"Get your feet wet, and move on"

Sales Executive in Toronto, ON

I worked at Intelex Technologies for less than a year

Pros

You will learn a lot (mostly on your own and via trial by fire) Office location is good for those who commute via transit Opportunity for growth* (see below) Friendly atmosphere, lots to do socially WIll look good on a resume

Cons

Constant change, and not in that 'we are growing' kind of way... more of a 'we are going to try this for 9-12 months, and then completely throw it in the trash and start over' kind of way. As such, barely anything is written down as a reference - from product info, tech info, to internal policies Most of your energy is spent figuring out what/how/when to do something... instead of doing your actual job. High... turnover of both staff, and more troubling - C level and SVP level Very little opportunity for growth in the traditional sense - it's all about who you know and are buddies with Many employees only in it for themselves.... not willing to lend a hand (remember, they are there to get thier feet wet too). They will most likely pass the buck or ignore you.... Limited HR involvement in most aspects of the business. HIghest pay 'scales' are only marginally higher than entry level salaries at other, similar companies. Very, very poor work life. No flex hours, no work from home (likely due to lack of trust from management)

Advice to Management

Figure out how you want to get your business to your goals, make a plan and stick with it. You are taking 1 step forward, onto a landmine, and blowing apart what you've worked for... only to have to start over again with less people and knowledge.

Intelex Technologies2016-05-14

"New Grad?"

Former Employee - Sales in Toronto, ON

I worked at Intelex Technologies full-time

Pros

Are you a new grad looking to continue your college partying while earning a paycheck?? Intelex is the place for you. There is more importance put on the social agenda than anything else at this company.

Cons

Revolving Door - Run a search on LinkedIn for people who use'd to work at Intelex. The number is massive.

Intelex Technologies2015-02-16

"Sales = Sweat Shop - Prospective applicants beware"

Former Employee - Sales in Toronto, ON
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Intelex Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

From time to time they will pay for various things like Jays games and cake on your birthday. It's been a few years but when I was there, there was some opportunity to move up quickly if management liked you and you made 200 calls a week.

Cons

These guys "wing it" as they go. No doubt in mind that the marketing/sales execs have asked their employees to get on here and post positive reviews as this is how they achieve a lot of their "awards"

Intelex Technologies2014-05-27