Intelex Technologies "company is growing" Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Intelex Technologies Employee Reviews about "company is growing"

Updated Oct 20, 2019

2.8
Intelex Technologies CEO Mark Jaine
Mark Jaine
Pros
Cons
  • "Company is growing by burning out their current employees(in 9 reviews)

• "Lots of turnover and lay offs affecting morale(in 4 reviews)

Reviews about "company is growing"

Return to all Reviews

"Your hard work and dedication will be more appreciated elsewhere"

I have been working at Intelex Technologies full-time

Pros

- Great coworkers! Can't stress this enough. The people here are fantastic - Lots of perks for a company this size. The social atmosphere is very welcoming and friendly

Cons

- Work/Life balance is a value on paper but rarely respected by managers - The product itself is riddled with bugs. You'll spend a lot of time here acquiring very specific Intelex knowledge that's hard to take elsewhere - Company is growing by burning out their current employees. The CEO himself went up in front of the entire company during the yearly company meeting and demanded that we spend more time at work... even though a lot of us are already committing so much of ourselves to the company. Shows a genuine lack of regard for the work people are currently putting in - Bonus structure is a joke. You can work your butt off and still see next to nothing for all your hard work

Advice to Management

You really need to talk with your employees. For such a small company it's astonishing how little interaction upper management has with their employees

Intelex Technologies2017-09-18

Intelex Technologies Response

January 2, 2018Corporate Brand Specialist

Thank you for your feedback and suggestions! It's very important for us to hear what our employees are experiencing. I understand what you’re saying about the knowledge you learn may seem unbeneficial but the skills you develop and learn from the knowledge can easily be transferable both internally or externally. Please continue to share your ideas, suggestions and recommendations!

"Best Company to work for in the GTA"

Current Employee - Senior Solution Architect in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Intelex Technologies full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I have had the opportunity to work for many companies in my career - government run, private, public, small, and large - but I haven't enjoyed any of them as much as I have Intelex. In my opinion this is the best tech company in the GTA. No other company has as honorable a mission as "helping companies reduce their negative impact of the world". Its fantastic that the biggest part of my job is helping other... companies improve themselves to keep their employees safer, make sure they aren't harming the environment, and to build the best and safest products they can. On top of that, the culture here is great and there are tons of unique company perks to make you feel that you are valued and that your hard work is appreciated.

Cons

This isn't the kind of company where you can hide in your cubicle, earn a salary, and go home without being noticed. This company is growing and is on a critical growth path that requires everyone be bought in and committed to achieve both their own personal goals as well as the overarching company goals. If you aren't willing to work hard, or you aren't driven, please don't apply.

Advice to Management

Keep pushing the envelope and challenging employees to be the best they can be. Stop merely advocating and being a friendly shoulder to cry on - be a leader and make people want to work hard for you and give their all.

Intelex Technologies2016-11-23

"Great place to work and grow"

I have been working at Intelex Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

Best product Growth opportunities Above industry average bonus / salaries Approachable management / CEO Systematic and consistent management. My monthly, and annual reviews were never skipped. Sustained effort to keep things as transparent as possible. Helpful employees who take pride and ownership of their work. Great culture. Meaningful work. Game room Supporting every Toronto team by either going there... or watching the game in office with beer and pizza Winter retreat and summer golf Great location.

Cons

Company is growing very fast. Unfortunately that caused some employees to get cut. Hence the recent surge in negative reviews. Reality is we are still growing and hiring a lot more.

Advice to Management

Keep up the transparency. Specially regarding product roadmap. Watch out which departments are losing people and carry exit interviews / anonymous surveys to find the root cause(s).

Intelex Technologies2016-05-25

"Lies"

Sales Director in Toronto, ON

I worked at Intelex Technologies

Pros

New location is great. The company is a leader in its market niche

Cons

As another reviewer mentioned, the CEO runs the company like his own personal kingdom. I know for a fact that the recent positive reviews are fake, planted by loyal subjects. For example: "Company is growing very fast. Unfortunately that caused some employees to get cut." When a company is growing very fast, senior management does NOT cut 25% of the sales team - the very idea is ludicrous. Salary, benefits,... and perks are all meh, but don't you DARE suggest that they could be improved upon. Weekly 8am Friday morning meetings that the CEO runs personally! The entire sales team (who schedules weekly 8am Friday morning meetings for salespeople?!?!) sits in a room together while the CEO berates them individually in front of their peers. The whole process is a waste of time and resources.

Advice to Management

You don't deserve advice after the way you dishonored your employees last month

Intelex Technologies2016-06-20

"Great Company to work at"

I have been working at Intelex Technologies full-time

Pros

Excellent Location in the heart of downtown, easy to commute for everyone. Leaders and Managers who care about their employee’s professional growth and career development. A company that is focused on work life balance and provides lots of parties and events, Gym membership, company clubs and flexibility A very healthy and warm breakfast every Thursday.

Cons

Company is growing very rapidly and going through changes which might be difficult for some people to adapt.

Intelex Technologies2016-05-04

"Amazing company to work for and to work with"

I have been working at Intelex Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Great potential for employee/career growth -Client driven - very focused on customer satisfaction -Great team mates -Lots of perks/good benefits -No dress code!

Cons

-evolving processes typical of a fast growing company

Advice to Management

-Continue the focus on employees and clients.

Intelex Technologies2013-01-03

"Not one day is the same, which is great for someone that's always looking to learn and grow their career."

Current Employee - Marketing in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Intelex Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fun office atmosphere. No dress code! Great people in all departments. Interesting and challenging work. Attentive management who are constantly looking for ways to improve processes and employee experience. Good benefits with added fitness and education allowance. Great location (both HQ and UK office). Many opportunities to grow your career . Growing company. Awesome company events. The list goes on....

Cons

Now that the company is growing so much the breakfast line is getting pretty long on Thursday:)

Intelex Technologies2012-11-02

"Fast Growing Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Intelex Technologies full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Engaged & involved CEO - candidates meet with CEO in last phase of interview process - Employee suggestions and input are taken seriously and implemented - Fun social events - Blue Jays game, Boat Cruise, Patio Parties, Deerhurst Resort - Hard work and successes are recognized and rewarded

Cons

- As a fast growing company, Intelex experiences the growing pains that come along with it - more formalized processes throughout the organization are trying to catch up with the growth - Everyone is very busy, sometimes it can be difficult for information sharing

Intelex Technologies2012-09-26

"Good culture, low pay"

I have been working at Intelex Technologies full-time

Pros

- Culture is great - Casual dress code - Free breakfast on Thursdays

Cons

- Low pay for similar positions - Growing company with the pains that come with it

Intelex Technologies2012-09-23