InterContinental Hotels Group Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

InterContinental Hotels Group CEO Keith Barr
Keith Barr
  1. "Analyst"

Current Employee - Analyst in London, England

I have been working at InterContinental Hotels Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great work life balance and inclusive culture

Cons

Office locations and diversity at senior level

InterContinental Hotels Group2019-07-23
  2. "Beautiful Place to work , great people"

Former Employee - Bartender in Edinburgh, Scotland

I worked at InterContinental Hotels Group part-time for less than a year

Pros

Stunning bar and place to work, great work colleagues, GREAT pay also!

Cons

Poor Management, so made shifts extremely difficult to complete without any issues, issues with low stock and incorrect orders (Also due to management) which made making drinks hard as there was not enough ingredients, no staff discount when ordering drinks from the bar after shifts

InterContinental Hotels Group2019-09-23
  3. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Category Specialist in London, England

I have been working at InterContinental Hotels Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

The culture of the company is very good, there is a supportive environment in every role. The hospitality aspect is even felt at work amongst colleagues as every one is very nice and accommodating.

Cons

Not so great on L&D and career progression - it is very hard to get up the ladder.

InterContinental Hotels Group2019-08-22
  4. "Work recognition"

Current Employee - Key Account Manager in Denham, Suffolk, East of England, England

Pros

IHG is a great company to work for , since joining IHG I feel valued and recognised. They offer a clear career path and actions are put into place to make sure you feel supported during your personal development. Here at IHG, I have found the perfect work/life balance and fantastic benefits. Last but no least IHG is a responsible business, diverse and inclusive. . #TrueHospitalityForEveryone

Cons

I do not have any Cons with regards to current role at IHG or the company in general.

InterContinental Hotels Group2019-07-22
  5. "Bar manager"

Current Employee - Bar Manager in Glasgow, Scotland
    No Opinion of CEO

Pros

Good discount / staff meals

Cons

Workload expectations / upper management

InterContinental Hotels Group2019-06-17
  6. "Operations"

Current Employee - Operations in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at InterContinental Hotels Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great career paths although you might be required to travel to achieve this

Cons

Salary is low in comparison to other hotels

Advice to Management

Engage with colleagues more often and support their needs on a more friendly basis

InterContinental Hotels Group2019-06-11

"Unbelievable"

Current Employee - Waiter in Glasgow, Scotland
    No Opinion of CEO

Pros

Subsidised taxi (only £4) weekly tips

Cons

Where do I begin, the restaurant team is rife with laziness, maintenance refuses to assist with any problems that aren’t considered “major” the paper trail or lack there of is non existent and I had to keep a personal written copy of my hours with signed time stamps from my manager as I was not paid my wages in multiple occasions. HR department couldn’t care less about employees that aren’t management. The finance... department frequently underpays or does not pay staff across all departments. Managers skim 50% of the tips off the top of the jar every week. And to take the biscuit I had my monthly review and my managers higher ups said and I quote “we don’t need some punk trying to do a better job than us” and I was given the option to leave or be fired.

Advice to Management

Get a grip and treat your employees better and take a look at the little guy because we’re the ones running your company while you sits in your chair looking pretty.

InterContinental Hotels Group2019-07-09

"Great flexibility and Benefits, but very slow pace and lots of processes"

Current Employee - Marketing in Denham, South East England, England

Pros

- Great bunch of people to work with - work life balance is really respected (flexible working hours, work from home etc) - Good benefits package - pension, medical, good salary, free on-site gym with classes, subsidized canteen, staff discounts on hotels, training courses provided (but not externally)

Cons

- after going through a major reorganisation IHG is still trying to work out structure, processes, and ways of working which proves very frustrating at getting anything done. I was warned that the pace was slow before I joined, but apparently it has slowed down even further since this re-org to the point where staff are very frustrated. - Decisions are being led by the office in Atlanta who see the Europe market... as a bit of an afterthought.

Advice to Management

- make decisions more swiftly (especially regarding budget) since work needs to get underway much much quicker and the staff are left frustrated. Also, please review the need for sooooo many processes which are slowing down the organisation and meaning we lack any dynamism.

InterContinental Hotels Group2019-05-17
  9. "Any time"

Current Employee - Senior Concierge Member of Les Clefs D'Or in London, England

I have been working at InterContinental Hotels Group full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

It's a home away from home!

Cons

I cannot say anything negative about this company

InterContinental Hotels Group2019-05-16

"Worst job so far no progress"

Former Employee - Maintenance Technician in Birmingham, England

I worked at InterContinental Hotels Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Working in City Centre easy acess, good general mananger but he retired

Cons

Poor managment, staff food always poor plain cold past with cheapest tomato sauce/ketchup 3 times a week. No respect

InterContinental Hotels Group2019-06-19