Intercity Technology Reviews

Updated Jul 6, 2021

Found 70 of over 104 reviews

4.3
Intercity Technology CEO Andrew Jackson (no image)
Andrew Jackson
Pros
  • "It really is the lovely people at Intercity that make it what it is(in 25 reviews)

• "A genuinely great place to work(in 7 reviews)

• Cons
  • "stops people thinking about working at Intercity longer term(in 12 reviews)

• "Lots of moaning about the leadership of the sales team but there’s a new Sales Director(in 4 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Featured Review

Genuinely wonderful place to work!

Sep 23, 2020 - Desktop Support Technician in Birmingham, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

A brilliant company to work for. Brilliant atmosphere, Very collaborative and team-centric. Everyone's is very supportive and encouraging towards your personal progression. It really is the lovely people at Intercity that make it what it is.

Cons

Nothing i can fault them on its been a great six months so far!

2 people found this review helpful

HR Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review - I'm so pleased you have enjoyed your first 6 months, welcome to Team Intercity!

2. 5.0

Great Position

Feb 26, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Oakham, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great work ethic, events, people and leadership

Cons

Pay is on the low side, doesn’t seem to want to give employees a fair pay

3. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

It was okay

Jul 6, 2021 - Technical Engineer in Birmingham, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

they have a Pool table

Cons

Just average, not really that great but not all bad either.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Its Dreadful Here .....This Place Makes Me So Sad

Mar 28, 2020 - Sales Representative in Birmingham, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

The Canteen Is Nice , Thats It !

Cons

Fear of being made redundant - Instability isn't a good thing for anyone. Poor pay structure imbalance - people don't want 'perks' but a decent base salary. There's a reason jobs are posted without salaries on and when they are accidentally, emails are immediately retracted. No pay rises unless you move within company or leave and come back.. stops people thinking about working at Intercity longer term. Far too many junior staff and service desk employees who have no clue what they're doing, through no fault of their own. Technical change process that you spend more time following than actually doing any 'useful' work. The people who manage this have no clue what they're doing aside from following orders on things they've never worked on before. Some customers are bent over backwards for whilst anything other than similar 'bigger' customers are put to one side. This gives the company a bad reputation compared to others.

3 people found this review helpful

HR Manager

Thanks for your review - I can see that you have a number of frustrations and I don't think I can respond to all of them without some further information from you, so if you would like to contact me to discuss your concerns in more detail then please do so. In terms of what I can respond to, please can I reassure you that we benchmark and review salaries annually.

5. 5.0

Great Friendly Place

Sep 23, 2020 - Systems Engineer in Oakham, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Intercity is a great friendly place to work with lots of friendly people and always something happening. Amazing support at a hard time to start a new job. Managers are always helpful and friendly and every day is different. Great support from the teams.

Cons

No cons found so far.

1 person found this review helpful

HR Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review - it's good to hear you are getting the support you need to settle into your new role, welcome to Team Intercity!

6. 5.0

Great place to work

Jul 21, 2020 - Sales Administrator in Birmingham, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

great company culture; very inclusive and supportive environment; huge investment in colleagues; amazing handling of the current pandemic. A genuinely great place to work!!

Cons

None at the moment, a great company to work for.

1 person found this review helpful

HR Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review - it's a bit of an unusual time at the moment for everyone, so thanks for letting us know how we're doing!

7. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 8 years

A great SMB business, trying to be too corporate

Dec 9, 2019 - Sales in Birmingham, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Some great people Central location Good commercials on mobile and connectivity Smart UC product Good earning potential (if you work for it)

Cons

A new management team was brought it (who are no longer there) who changed a lot for the good but also a lot for the bad. Q-What is the quickest way to take motivation away from a salesperson? A- Mess around with their hard earned commission. Can you believe that they introduced a churn structure that would take away commission for Churning accounts! Yes, I get it drives the right behaviour to a certain extent, but when people in customer service are not penalised for the service they deliver and the sales person is as they are head of the account, that it sure to ruffle some feathers. Many occasions I was deducted large amounts for issues out of my control. The business also needs to look at an on-site telephony solution (if not already done) as not all business’s want to bolt onto the back of someone else’s solution that they will never own. Certain people there (not in sales) think they own the business and simply think they have a high horse. It’s a real shame, because this business would be much bigger and much more successful if they listened to their people

8. 5.0

The A Team

Mar 12, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Intercity are a family owned progressive growing business with a great and inclusive culture driving success. Among my almost 200 colleagues are some real superstars driving change and evolution creating a fully converged IT and Comms business supported by managed services. Our customers love Intercity and the service they receive which has driven the NPS off the chart to 43+. We're always hiring people who can add to the culture, and put customers first. If you're looking for a new career - take a look.

Cons

Traffic in Birmingham - but that's not Intercity's fault!

2 people found this review helpful

HR Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review - I'm not a fan of the traffic either, although not a problem at the moment with everyone remote working!

9. 5.0

Great place to work

Apr 29, 2020 - Network Engineer Trainee in mottingham, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

All employees are friendly and willing to help out with your workload You never feel left out at Intercity, as my managers frequently call me and contact me to check my progress and to ensure I don't feel alone/isolated

Cons

Nothing I can think of

Talent Attraction Advisor

Hi, Thanks so much for your review. We appreciate that working during the pandemic has not been easy for everyone - so it's great to see that you're getting regular check ups from your managers. We've implemented loads of new internal communications strategies for exactly this reason - as we don't want anyone to feel alone or isolated at this time. If you need anything, please don't hesitate to speak to The People Team - and keep up the great work!

10. 5.0
      Current Employee

I genuinely am happy to come to work each day

Jan 31, 2019 - Customer Service in Birmingham, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

The vast majority of my colleagues are really friendly, motivated, positive people who cultivate a lovely environment to work in. I truly enjoy coming in to work every day. The social events are a highlight! The work is challenging & hard work doesn’t go unnoticed in my experience. My line manager truly cares about the progression of each member of the team & does their best to help me achieve my professional goals. Solution focused ideas are listened to and implemented. Recently some encouraging changes have been made hierarchically and in terms of processes that make me even more excited to see where we are going as a business. Notably the refurb of the Birmingham office is super exciting, especially after seeing the concrete plans for this at the all company event.

Cons

Realistically no company is perfect. A few disengaged colleagues who have been in their roles for years are still stuck in their ways which can be frustrating when entering into a cutting edge technology company. However the majority of people are eager to keep up with the market & work towards modernising the way we work.

4 people found this review helpful

HR Manager

This is so good to hear! Thanks for taking your time to share your thoughts with us, as you will know, we have an open door policy, so please keep sharing your suggestions for improvements.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 70 Reviews