Internal Data Resources Reviews

Updated 10 Mar 2020

4.2
Internal Data Resources Chief Operating Officer  Ashley Holahan (no image)
Ashley Holahan
Pros
  • "Truly feels like a family and makes the hard work worth it(in 10 reviews)

• "Money - Recruiters and Account Managers have a great base pay and the best in the industry commission structure(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "Extremely long hours (it might be the industry but even when you leave your 12 hour day, you still have work to do at home)(in 21 reviews)

• "It is really hard to say anything bad about the company itself so these cons are more geared towards the industry in staffing versus IDR as a company(in 18 reviews)

1. "example review"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Southend, Scotland

I have been working at Internal Data Resources full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

flexible, good atmosphere, caring just to mention a few

Cons

none to mention at present

Internal Data Resources2020-03-10
  2. "Working at IDR"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Internal Data Resources full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people and the culture are top notch. Truly feels like a family and makes the hard work worth it. The company really cares about your professional growth and we are constantly being recognized and rewarded for our your success and your hard work.

Cons

Staffing is not an easy industry by any means. You will have to put in long hours and sometimes deal with things that are completely out of your control. I also wished they offered some work from home days like other companies do because our job can 100% be done remotely. They also have no sick days (have to use vacation days) which sucks when you're new and barely have PTO to begin with.

Internal Data Resources2020-02-05

February 12, 2020IT Vendor

Thank you for leaving us a review! We appreciate the feedback and will take these things into consideration.

3. "Good company with potential to be great!"

Current Employee - Recruiter
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Internal Data Resources full-time for less than a year

Pros

Working with like minded coworkers and lots of fun social events. Employee owned company. I receive decent amounts of personal feedback through one on ones and a few weeks of training.

Cons

At IDR, I feel as though I am replaceable. If I don’t “get it” within 6 months, I will be let go. They treat everyone as replaceable and don’t invest in everyone personally.

Internal Data Resources2020-02-18

March 13, 2020IT Vendor

Thank you for your feedback. As an employee owned staffing firm, we believe the hard work and contributions of every IDR employee are critical to our success. We always strive for open and honest communication to ensure each employee can grow personally and professionally at IDR, so it’s unfortunate to hear that your experience has led you to feel otherwise. If want to discuss your experience further, please reach out to your manager or the HR department.

4. "Amazing Company!"

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Internal Data Resources full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There are so many pros I could list about working at IDR. I have worked with IDR for 3 years now and I had the opportunity to be promoted 3 times so far. I have had the opportunity to double my annual income in such a short period of time (that may take some 5+ years to do elsewhere). There are so many great benefits and perks offered... just to list some of my favorites - corporate athlete program, quarterly bonuses, annual contest trips, birthday celebrations, and cell phone reimbursement. I truly believe that I have learned more in the last 3 years than I would have at any other company in 10 years. IDR does truly care about your professional growth and is constantly recognizing your success and your hard work.

Cons

It is really hard to say anything bad about the company itself so these cons are more geared towards the industry in staffing versus IDR as a company. Working in recruiting, there is a lot of unpredictable and uncontrollable situations that you have to learn to navigate through. If you want to make good money, you do have to put in the hard work to get there. IDR will put you through an extensive training process and will do what they can to set you up to be successful, but you will have to put in long hours and hard work!

Internal Data Resources2019-11-05

January 6, 2020IT Vendor

Thank you for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback!

5. "Work Hard, Play Harder"

4.0
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Internal Data Resources full-time for less than a year

Pros

I started with IDR in the beginning of January 2019. Since starting, I have been promoted 2 times as a recruiter (Recruiter II and Senior Recruiter). I went to management only 5 months into my employment asking to move and work remote in the city I grew up in; Instead they decided to promote me again into account management and trusted me with the opportunity to start the office. Also: - Base + Commission - Fun rewards for hitting metrics - Ability to understand multiple positions, industries, and companies at a time - Ability to learn how hard work pays off

Cons

- No work from home policy. - Steep learning curve understanding certain technologies and positions. - Challenges that come with the industry, like relaying bad news to candidates and clients.

Internal Data Resources2019-10-17
  6. "Working at IDR"

Current Employee - Human Resources in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Internal Data Resources full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have worked with IDR for about a year now and I truly do not have enough great things to say about the company. I came over from another staffing firm and quickly realized how unique IDR is. Although I am an internal employee of IDR, I was blown away by the customer service that is provided to our contractors. Whether you are considering an internal position or a contract position at IDR, you will not find a better company to work for. The biggest aspect that separates IDR from any other staffing firm is IDR’s Engagement Management program. Each contractor that is hired on by IDR will have their very own Engagement Manager. They are solely dedicated to providing excellent customer service to their contractors while also being that go to person during their assignment and after their assignment. They are invested in your career long term. Engagement Managers are here not only to ensure you are happy in your role, but to ensure you are growing as a professional. It is hard to find staffing firms who dedicate so much time to the professional growth of their contractors but IDR does one heck of a job at it. The same goes for internal employees at IDR. You are not just a number here - IDR wants to invest in YOU and that is why the turnover is so low. IDR makes you feel valued and important while also giving you an amazing fun culture to work in. Thank you IDR, for investing and believing in your employees.

Cons

None that I can think of!

Internal Data Resources2019-09-30

October 9, 2019IT Vendor

Thank you for your positive review! We appreciate you and everything you do for IDR!

7. "Professional Development off the charts!"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Internal Data Resources full-time for more than a year

Pros

When I say I love working at IDR, I’m not just exaggerating. I’d say 90% of the time, I am excited to go to work. Sales and staffing is ALWAYS a grind – if you have a problem with the industry itself, then of course, IDR wouldn’t be for you. But if you’re someone wanting to grow your career and develop professionally in the sales industry, there is no better industry than staffing, and there is no better staffing company than IDR. IDR is a little unique in that as we’ve grown, our leadership has still been able to maintain the pieces of our culture that make us unique while still remaining competitive and scaling our practices to compete with firms 2x, 3x, or even 10x our size. When I was interviewing for IDR, I was also interviewing at over 15 other companies. The most important things to me when I was choosing my job were opportunity for growth (personally, within the company, and with regards to my compensation) and company culture; IDR hits the nail on the head with each. With a combination of promotions and our commission structure, I’ve been able to nearly quadruple my first year total compensation, and I’ve now held 4 different positions along my chosen growth path – I have been here for 2 years. Something that was such a deciding factor when it came to choosing IDR and when it comes to me continuing to work here is that at IDR your growth is COMPLETELY based on the work you put in. The company culture, as I’ve seen it, is unmatched. I have several friends who enjoy their work but don’t enjoy their environment or vice-versa; I enjoy both. I feel motivated and challenged by my colleagues every day. Our personalities have core similarities that make us interested in sales (competitive, achievement-focused, outgoing) while we are still able to utilize other pieces of our personalities to personalize our staffing “style.” It’s somewhere I feel valued by my leadership and respected, and where I know if something is wrong there’s always someone I can talk to about it and we’ll create a solution. I could go on for paragraphs about this organization, but if you’re a hard worker, love working with people, want a career where you TRULY control your growth, and love making money, I’d 100% recommend IDR.

Cons

I can only think of 2 “cons”; the first is kind of a pro and a con, and it’s that we are growing at such a fast rate that at times it’s difficult to scale processes successfully the first time. This is a work in progress and we’re getting better at it for sure, but it comes with challenges of getting up to speed on processes we may realize a quarter from now aren’t working, so we’ll pivot and try something better. The plus of this is that I’ve noticed a concerted effort to keep transparent communication at the forefront, so as we’re figuring out how to scale everyone is kept in the loop of what’s working and what’s not. The other con isn’t even a con for everyone – it’s just the industry. Staffing is sales, and if you aren’t committed to “the game” of sales and willing to make sacrifices (time especially) then it’ll be harder to be successful. Your level of success is completely up to you, so if you are the type of person that gets in at 8am and leaves and 4:30pm and shuts off all work responsibilities at that point, then this won’t be for you. But if you’re open to being available more than that and occasionally working late if you need to, those things don’t impact you.

Internal Data Resources2019-09-26

October 9, 2019IT Vendor

Thank you for your review. We appreciate that you understand the difficulties of growing at a fast rate and we're glad to hear you're on board as we figure this out together as a team.

"Unprofessional Culture, Manipulative Leadership"

2.0
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Internal Data Resources full-time for more than a year

Pros

They do a lot of fun activities like happy hours, celebratory lunches, team outings, etc. Fun, young culture with co-workers who turn into real life friends.

Cons

The entire company is of the same demographic...zero diversity. After candidates come in to interview, team members sit around and judge candidates' appearance, clothing, college sorority/fraternity, wealth, social status, etc. - that's the criteria for hire, not your actual professional capabilities. Leadership is very manipulative and dishonest. They play into your emotions to win your loyalty and make you feel like you can never leave the company. Management talks negatively to you about your co-workers and pins you against each other to create a competitive environment. Very unprofessional, cult-like culture...very obvious favoritism for those who "drink the kool-aid." Those who don't support leadership and their decisions get "punished"...no room for new ideas.

Internal Data Resources2019-09-30
  9. "IDR is a winner!"

Current Employee - Consultant in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at Internal Data Resources full-time for less than a year

Pros

The IDR team delivered on all of their promises, both to me and their client.my employer. Few search firms successfully walk that tightrope.

Cons

Can't think of any. The team I dealt with are pros.

Internal Data Resources2019-09-17

October 9, 2019IT Vendor

Thank you for your review! We're glad to hear you're doing well in your current role!

10. "Great Company to be hired at!"

Current Employee - Api Analyst in Dallas, TX
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Internal Data Resources full-time for more than a year

Pros

Seamless On boarding frequent touch points with the employees to address issues if any very compassionate and family like environment on time payments and hassle free time sheet submission process Employees are their first priority

Cons

Nothing I can think of. Maybe we could have had more gatherings and happy hours than the frequency they do now.

Internal Data Resources2019-05-31

June 3, 2019IT Vendor

Thank you for leaving us a positive review! We appreciate your feedback!

Found 89 reviews