Ipsos "market research" Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Ipsos Employee Reviews about "market research"

Updated 18 Nov 2019

3.3
Ipsos Chairman and CEO Didier Truchot
Didier Truchot
Pros
Cons
  • "Can be long hours at times, but same as other agencies(in 111 reviews)

• "Work life balance but that is quite common in research industry(in 108 reviews)

Reviews about "market research"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great"

Current Employee - Market Research in Harrow, England

I have been working at Ipsos full-time for less than a year

Pros

Amazing market research firm to work for.

Cons

lack of training in some areas.

Advice to Management

keep up a good job.

Ipsos2018-04-29
  2. "Great people, could be better a company..."

Current Employee - SRE in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Ipsos full-time for more than a year

Pros

It’s a good place to grasp the basics of market research, learn about costings/financials and get exposure to a wide range of clients and projects. Directors and Line managers are fantastic, they support your work ambitions and help unburden your work load where possible

Cons

Tends to be a market research agency only interested in providing market research data- nothing more. We don’t go beyond the data and address the ‘why’ with a tendency to just be charting monkeys! I know the company is trying to address that but Directors and ADs on projects need to lead this change.. Working hours are extremely long (this is more symptomatic of the industry)

Advice to Management

Take on more staff

Ipsos2019-09-21
  3. "Not the worse research company"

Current Employee - Telephone Market Researcher in London, England

I have been working at Ipsos part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You get to interview people on a range of topics so you're always learning. Pays not too bad as far as market research salaries go. Friendly supervisors.

Cons

It can get boring. Not stable work as there are dry spells. This should really only be something that's done to earn extra money.

Ipsos2019-08-31
  4. "Research Assistant"

I worked at Ipsos full-time

Pros

Nice offices, good training opportunities, friendly people

Cons

Long hours and the pay is not great. However, this is the same in all market research companies.

Ipsos2018-10-05
  5. "Ipsos Marketing Quant department: unhuman working hours, low salary and very questionable management practices"

Former Employee - Research Executive in London, England

I worked at Ipsos full-time for more than a year

Pros

Opportunity to work in very innovative projects and learn latest practices in market research.

Cons

- Lack of staff which means you will work until late every day, you won't be compensated for that and if you don't do it you'll be considered as 'not committed enough' with all its consequences. I.E. for xmas period we were asked to work until late in the night and the company would pay for the taxis back home and the pizzas for dinner - seriously, not joking. - Clear preference treatment from management to some staff, basically those who join this practices and don't put problems to stay until late, etc. - Questionable practices, i.e. we had a calendar of 'dates' in the team and we were 'encouraged' to share any dates we had and even post the picture of the person. Again, not joking. - Drugs were found by the cleaners in the toilets of the building. The CEO sent an email to all the staff in the company asking to please be professional. - Except for management, the teams are really young and very few people stays in the team for more than 1 year, which is in my opinion a sign of something not working.

Advice to Management

- Take action and not just think about the external image of the company, but also about making it a good place to work, not just by organising drinks and parties, but creating a positive, transparent and inclusive environment.

Ipsos2017-12-29

"Flexible"

I have been working at Ipsos full-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexible with work from home option.

Cons

Quiet times in market research.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Ipsos2017-10-11
  7. "Market Researcher"

Former Employee - Market Research

I worked at Ipsos part-time

Pros

Very flexible job, perfect for young people and good salary

Cons

Can be a bit frustrating knocking on doors at times, and a bit lonely, but this is expected given the nature of market research

Ipsos2017-10-16

"Ipsosaurus moribund"

Former Employee - Global Operations in London, England

I worked at Ipsos full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Still a respected name in the Market Research industry and the global reach of the company means potential opportunities for working abroad and with many colleagues from all over the world. Salary and working hours were both acceptable.

Cons

My position was in a global team so this review relates only to the wider Ipsos business and not directly to Ipsos Mori (UK). This French company is so encumbered by bureaucracy that it beggars belief. The senior management pay only the barest of lip service to change management programs that are sorely needed, and that they are supposed sponsors of. The general working culture is unsupportive. Global teams are hamstrung by no clear global mandate and by lack of travel budget and funding to deliver. I have witnessed many projects fail or be unnecessarily dragged out through a basic lack of support, and countless talented colleagues leave through frustration at not being given the opportunity to make a difference.

Advice to Management

Trust your staff to deliver what you have hired them to deliver. Give them an environment to succeed.

Ipsos2017-05-15

"Review of London office (Ipsos MORI)"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Ipsos full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Really interesting work, good variety, long leash to do things that interest you, good training in market research methods and high quality research (depending on the department). Good name for the CV.

Cons

Pretty low paid, possibly on a par with other major agencies. Depending on the department, very long hours.

Advice to Management

Be less opaque in why you're doing things, hiding the reasons just makes people annoyed even if they can't change things. Raise the salaries, you're losing good people for little gain.

Ipsos2017-05-01

"Good but hard to progress"

I worked at Ipsos

Pros

Well structured, exposure to current affairs

Cons

Hard to progress within the company, most of the Market Research Executive leave after 2 years

Ipsos2016-02-03