Iress Reviews

4.3
Iress CEO Andrew Walsh
Andrew Walsh
Cons
  1. "Fantastic open working environment with great products"

Current Employee - Head of Trading Strategy in London, England

I have been working at Iress full-time

Pros

Diverse product set having made multiple acquisitions over time so plenty of opportunity. From what i can see these acquisitions are sensitively made with most staff staying on to continue within the Iress team. Actively investing in the product set and staff. Throughout lock-down staff support has been fantastic. All senior staff including the CEO are open to conversations and ideas and constantly sharing theirs with the rest of the company. Nice, open atmosphere.

Cons

None that I've found so far!

August 10, 2020CEO

It's great to hear you’re enjoying your time at Iress and have felt well supported through COVID-19. Thanks for your feedback and input i this post.

"Unorganised and chaotic organisation"

1.0
    Former Employee - Site Reliability Engineer
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Iress full-time for more than a year

Pros

Free beer on a Friday.

Cons

Complete lack of management and team leads with any up to date IT knowledge, everything seems to be 5 years behind the rest of the world. Don't expect to have any sort of work life balance as you are expected to be available 24/7. Don't expect any training on the in house software as it wont happen

August 10, 2020CEO

Thanks for taking the time to provide feedback. Your views on work-life balance seem to be different to the vast majority of people at Iress - in a survey at the end of 2019 79% of our people said they had a good work life balance. Good luck with your new role.

3. COVID-19

"A fantastic company with sound morals aligned from the top"

Current Employee - Software Engineering Team Lead in Cheltenham, England

I have been working at Iress full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Supportive of work/life balance, flexible, a great benefits package, great career opportunities, robust business model, positive revenue growth and sound morals. On the last point, an example of this is Iress investing in the 'Talent Beyond Boundaries' initiative which the CEO is a vocal advocate of. The drive from the technical side of the business over the past 18-24 months has revolutionised the company. If you work hard you're rewarded for it, with the support in place for all to succeed if willing. Particularly pertinent is the support from the business in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic. It has been nothing short of amazing.

Cons

These are minor points but relevant and honest: - Can be overly focused on Australian initiatives over Global ones. - The offices in certain locations are in desperate need of refurbishment, although the company have recently announced this is going ahead. - Very fast moving/agile in some departments (which is great) with other business areas lagging behind (which isn't so great).

May 5, 2020CEO

Thanks for the detailed feedback. I agree that Iress is fantastic place to be and I am looking forward to seeing the impact of our workplace strategy in the UK like we have witnessed elsewhere and people get on board with that. Would love to chat directly on global initiatives and regional ones which exist concurrently.

4. "Great Company to work for"

Current Employee - Product Manager in London, England

I have been working at Iress full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Strong community culture, flexible working patterns and dedicated professional teams.

Cons

Multinational so can be tricky working across time-zones.

May 5, 2020CEO

Thanks. Community, flexibility and dedication are particularly apt words to use at this time!

5. "People focused and dedicated to Improvement"

Current Employee - Delivery Team Leader in London, England

I have been working at Iress full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great Attitude, Work/Life Balance, Inspirational Leadership, Dedicated people

Cons

At times, a bit chaotic due to very high level framework or expectation on what needs to be done, instead on the focus of how.

May 5, 2020CEO

It’s great to hear you are positive about your work at Iress. However, while we promote a strong appetite for growth, things shouldn’t ever feel chaotic - I encourage you to speak with your leader or colleagues to ensure there is clarity on what matters most in the context of the team and contribution to our clients and users and our goals.

6. COVID-19

"A smooth on-boarding experience despite these "unprecedented" times"

Current Employee - Senior People Partner in Cheltenham, England

I have been working at Iress full-time for less than a year

Pros

Having joined just over a week before most of the Company started working from home as a result of the Covid-19 outbreak, I have had a really good on-boarding experience. The technology available to ensure that we are able to maintain daily face time over Zoom has meant that I feel very included in all team activities and it hasn't disrupted my induction at all. The different communication channels can be slightly overwhelming to start with but they don't take long to get your head round and help you keep abreast of all of the relevant information about Iress, especially at a time like this. Iress are taking a very supportive and transparent approach to communication which is very reassuring for someone so new to the business.

Cons

Due to the circumstances I have needed to be more self sufficient and driven to make introductions, but you would expect that within my role and level. I haven't any others so soon into my tenure.

May 5, 2020CEO

What an unusual time to join a business when everyone disappears to home! It's good to hear that you have had a positive start at Iress and have continued to feel included and supported. Thanks for taking the time to feed back.

7. "Nice Atmosphere"

Former Employee - Marketing Data Analyst in London, England

I worked at Iress full-time for more than a year

Pros

Lots of genuinely nice people. Great office location in central London. Relaxed Atmosphere

Cons

All technical resources based in Australia hence still very Australian centric. Hard to trouble shoot technical real time data issues when Australia is offline. Renumeration is not competitive with similar roles in central London. The reward structure is very hard to understand and lacks clarity, from an individual's perspective it's hard to understand how to improve performance as the evaluation criteria appears extremely subjective. My performance evaluation stated "exceeding expectations in all areas" yet my bonus was 0 which is a large reason why I'm not longer working at Iress.

May 5, 2020CEO

It’s good to hear you generally enjoyed your experience at Iress. While I don't know nor able to comment on your individual situation, we have phased out the idea of ‘bonuses’ in the past two years in favour of focusing on ensuring everyone is recognised for the contribution we make to Iress.

8. "Apprentice"

Current Employee - Apprentice Software Engineer in Cheltenham, England

I have been working at Iress full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Great place to learn - Amazing benefits for someone who is new to the industry - A fair salary for apprentices to start on

Cons

- Information overload! (Which is sort of a good thing as well)

February 21, 2020CEO

Thanks for sharing your views on Iress. Our apprenticeships are important additional channel for talent at Iress. I’m glad you chose to join us and that you are enjoying work.

9. "Great place to work!"

4.0
    Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Warwick, West Midlands, England

I have been working at Iress full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

+Excellent benefits +Good management structure +Rewards innovation +Flexible working hours +Good team of people in general

Cons

- traffic around the office park is a nightmare, with limited parking

February 21, 2020CEO

Thanks for the feedback about working at Iress. There are some challenges with traffic and parking at Warwick - we are doing everything we can to manage this.

10. "Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Senior Market Data Analyst in London, England

I have been working at Iress full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Family feel company but serious about it's clients and products.

Cons

A lot of things to get done.

February 21, 2020CEO

Definitely serious when it comes to clients and products...good to enjoy work too! Thanks for taking the time.

Found 242 reviews