Iress Reviews

Updated 11 Jun 2021

4.2
Iress CEO Andrew Walsh
Andrew Walsh
Pros
  • "The desire to deliver excellent customer experiences coupled with a positive, supportive working environment makes for a great combination(in 29 reviews)

• "Strong community culture, flexible working patterns and dedicated professional teams(in 22 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Career progression can be harder if you are not a programmer or developer(in 11 reviews)

• "Need to be mindful of work/life balance(in 7 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years
      Featured Review

A company that values both client outcomes AND staff welfare. I'm VERY proud to work for Iress.

14 Oct 2020 - Head of Account Management in Cheltenham, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- simply a stunning response to the pandemic in terms of flexible support for staff and their families. Looking back, the support provided is (and continues to be) breathtaking - not only does the company provide significant support to staff and clients, but this year the creation of a coronavirus support hub available to the market was simply stunning evidencing the ethos flowing throughout the company. Very proud! -having targeted Iress as a company I wanted to work for back in 2015 my goals and desires have been exceeded, easily the best career decision I have made - Continuously investing in the product, but more importantly continuously seeking feedback direct from the users of our software to inform the associated roadmaps - Fast moving, sensible acquisitions, clear strategy, aligned goals, a great company to work for!

Cons

- Extremely fast moving in every aspect which does bring short term challenges BUT supports the right long term strategy (note also listed as a pro!)

CEO

"having targeted Iress as a company I wanted to work for back in 2015 my goals and desires have been exceeded, easily the best career decision I have made" How's that! Says it all. Thanks for your feedback. I’m hugely proud of how we all responded together through the trials of 2020.

2. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good Company

27 May 2021 - Test Engineer in Cheltenham, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Relaxed work environment, everyone who works there is super friendly.

Cons

Work as a test engineer can be a bit slow, most likely due to the role than the company.

3. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Iress tech company

1 Jun 2021 - Software Engineer in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good culture, people focused, relaxed, global

Cons

Average salary, Australian focused, little room for career development

4. 4.0
      Current Employee

Great company with great people

4 Mar 2021 - Engineering Team Lead in Cheltenham, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Most engineering teams are outcome-focused and agile. Alignment through all levels of Engineering right up to the leadership. Fairly flat structure. Modern office space. Great people to work with. Are able to move around the company easily. Very resilient - Iress has grown through the pandemic and been very supportive of their staff.

Cons

Career development from team leader and tech lead can be hard. Not much opportunity higher up. Wage isn't competitive with the market rate if you've been there a long time. As Iress has purchased other companies, these newer parts of the business are not forward-thinking, and there can be some politics in these areas. This problem becomes systemic through the systems built by these areas and can take a very long time to break down.

CEO

Thanks for your in-depth comments. I am pleased that you have felt well-supported throughout the pandemic. I’d like to understand your comments better. Please drop me a line if you’re happy to discuss further.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work

4 May 2021 - Solutions Consultant in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

People, management, work-wife balance and workplace tech.

Cons

Company functional and management structure is a bit opaque.

6. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Workplace technology second to none

1 May 2021 - Product Manager in Cheltenham, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Workplace technology - GSuite, Slack, Zoom - Response to the pandemic - amazing support for staff and clients alike

Cons

Not really a 'con' - you need to be able to manage your time well as there's lots to do and it's easy to just carry on working, especially when you're at home.

7. 4.0
      Current Employee

Great place for women in technology; we just need more!

13 Oct 2020 - Software Engineering Team Lead in Cheltenham, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I love working in technology. I work with great people who have innovative ideas on how to solve problems and meet outcomes. The people are diverse, and the senses of humour are second to none! I never live the same day twice. What I really like about Iress is the encouragement for people of all backgrounds to join and then find and create their own career path. Particularly I have found that there is a great spirit of supportiveness and collaboration with the women at the company. There are strong women at almost every level. (But you can only have one CEO right?) I have never once felt sidelined, passed-over, or like my opinion did not carry equal weight. All contributions are welcome, regardless of who they are from. The problem is, when recruiting, we just don't get that many female applicants for the engineering oriented roles.

Cons

Need to encourage movement internally between engineering teams more often - can sometimes be a reliance on key people and a fear of losing them, but this creates silos of knowledge and is self-defeating. Need to put more effort into getting the Dev-ops culture embedded in larger departments, not just the smaller teams.

CEO

Thanks for such a thoughtful and passionate review. I am pleased to read your comments especially on feeling supported and listened to. I’d love to hear more from you about your thoughts on Winning Steps and how these apply directly to what teams do and what people do - please get in touch with me.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Iress is a great company to work for, with modern and supportive values, and promotes collaboration and innovation.

29 Mar 2021 - Implementation and Support Lead in Cheltenham, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Inclusive, Supportive, Challenging, Growing, Fail fast/learn fast.

Cons

Demanding, Fast paced, and Constant.

CEO

I love that you use these words to describe working at Iress! Thanks for your feedback.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Fantastic place to work!

29 Mar 2021 - Quality Engineer in Leatherhead, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Competitive salary - Friendly/Professional colleagues - WFH flexibility - Workplace culture is great

Cons

- Short on staff resource in certain areas

CEO

Thanks for your comments about working at Iress. Please drop me a message to chat further on resourcing priorities.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Deserved "Preferred Employer" award winner

24 Aug 2020 - Trading Programmer Manager in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

When it comes to caring about it's people, Iress is hard to beat! Not only does Iress care about it's employees and their families BUT also proactively looks for ways to invest in and improve the lives of those who have fewer opportunities. Iress is a "non-stop" excitement origanisation with something new going down all the time - whether this be on the technology or people front - Iress never stops looking for ways to grow and improve. Iress's strong culture, which is grounded in a firm foundation of solid ethics, ensures that you're always sure of what's expected and where to next Given the size of Iress's product portfolio (60+ products), as well as, it's global reach, there is never a shortage of growth opportunities i.e. be that within your specific shere of expertise, the industry or career wise. Bottom line is: it's up to you how far you allow Iress to get you!

Cons

The pace of change and the volume of work can leave you breathless at times . . . but then again, real winners thrive on that!

1 person found this review helpful

CEO

- ‘Caring about its people’ - ‘proactively looks for ways to invest in and improve the lives of those who have fewer opportunities‘ - 'a non-stop excitement organisation’ - ‘a firm foundation of solid ethics’ - ‘never a shortage of growth opportunities’ These are nice sentiments. Thanks for identifying them.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 313 Reviews