Iress Employee Reviews about "working environment"

Updated Oct 16, 2020

Found 29 of over 349 reviews

4.0
Iress CEO Andrew Walsh
Andrew Walsh
Pros
  • "The desire to deliver excellent customer experiences coupled with a positive, supportive working environment makes for a great combination(in 29 reviews)

• "Strong community culture, flexible working patterns and dedicated professional teams(in 22 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Career progression can be harder if you are not a programmer or developer(in 11 reviews)

• "Need to be mindful of work/life balance(in 7 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Tech

179 Comments

Tech

33K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.uk&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Iress~312549
    Join the conversation on

Reviews about "working environment"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great place to work

Oct 16, 2020 - Corporate in Cheltenham, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Inclusive and fun working environment where people are encouraged to be their best and contribute. Company wide activities (such as the annual hackathon, regular global updates and company conferences) coupled with effective communication/collaboration tools help make a global company feel smaller and like one you can have a real impact in. The partnership with Talent Beyond Boundaries and other community work make me very proud to work for Iress and I really value the support we are offered to help us juggle home and work, e.g. the starting school leave really helped me to to settle my daughter into primary school.

Cons

Sometimes the time zones can be challenging to manage.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great company who make you feel valued daily!

Oct 16, 2020 - Business Analyst
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Great recognition for hard work (non-financial) - Feel like a valued member - voice is heard regardless of seniority - Great community spirit - OneIress - Moving toward a good agile delivery model - Not confined to job roles with lots of opportunities to learn - Private health care and good medicare cover - eg dental and opticians costs covered - Supportive working environment - always flexible for personal issues - Share bonus if a top performer

Cons

- No cash bonus - Not much support for career development

CEO

Alongside supporting our people to be their best, we are also committed to making a difference. Our partnership with Talent Beyond Boundaries and the support we provide in our local communities are great examples of this, and is something of which I am also proud. I hope your daughter loves her school :-)

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Friendly, Talented and Motivated

Oct 13, 2020 - Product Manager in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Since joining Iress I've been hugely impressed by the drive of the teams. The desire to deliver excellent customer experiences coupled with a positive, supportive working environment makes for a great combination. I've moved from a small company where it was easy to keep everyone in the loop and was concerned that wouldn't be the case in a larger organisation but from the very top everyone is approachable and open in their communications.

Cons

Only con so far is, due to lockdown, I've not been able to meet many of these people in person, looking forward to that changing.

CEO

It’s a shame that you haven’t been able to get into the office yet but great that this hasn’t limited a positive start at Iress. Thanks for your comments.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great place to work

Oct 9, 2020 - Legal in Cheltenham, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Iress provides a supportive, friendly and intellectually challenging working environment. It offers great flexibility enabling me to manage my home life / children and maintain a good work/ life balance. It provides the opportunity to embrace responsibility outside of your normal (traditional) day to day role. I learn something new most days!

Cons

The pace of change can be overwhelming, but it keeps you on your toes!

CEO

I would hate to work somewhere where I wasn't learning new things. Good to hear. Great to read that you feel supported, challenged, empowered and have a good work / life balance. Thanks for your feedback.

5. 3.0
      Former Contractor, more than 1 year

Average run of the mill software factory

Apr 22, 2020 - Senior Software Development Engineer in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Relaxed working environment Nice offices Willing to explore technologies Remote working options

Cons

Confused priorities Willingness to explore technologies (pro) has resulted in a mess of uncoordinated technologies that compete for attention. Internal politics and non-technical management results in unnecessary meetings Lots of non-jobs that find work for too few proper software engineers (my fav - "Delivery Coach"! LOL! Guy drove a miro board for a living)

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Productive & Fun Work Environment

Oct 28, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Cheltenham, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Great working environment - Everyone is very friendly, welcoming, and supportive - Flexibility of working hours when required - Quality of work over quantity - Opportunities to learn and develop - Innovation and diversity is encouraged - Social events that motivate a good work life balance

Cons

- None that I can think of

CEO

Thanks for your review and your identification of many of the areas we focus on to make a difference to people's experience at work at Iress!

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Fantastic place to work

Oct 16, 2019 - Account Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Sociable company, great working environment.

Cons

Can't think of a downside

CEO

Thanks for taking time to make your comments.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee

Still probationary but loving Iress right now

Nov 20, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Lots of support, both with training and outside of work. If I'm stuck or struggling in either capacity, everyone has been friendly and willing to do what they can to help me resolve whatever my issue is, be it part of my job or a personal issue. - I love the relaxed approach to appearance. There's no discrimination or reprimands since we all wear our own clothes. It makes for a more relaxed (and for me personally) more productive work environment - It's very social, and I haven't felt like 'the new kid' at all - A lot of my work is quite self-led, which is helpful for both my confidence and my skills.

Cons

-The sun shines through the windows into my eyes a lot? -Presently I haven't found a lot of cons, though as mentioned I have not been here long and no-where is perfect. So far though, I am happy with Iress and how the work environment functions

CEO

Thanks for your feedback. I’m keen to hear the background to some of the points you raise so please get in touch directly if you would like to talk further.

9. 5.0
      Current Contractor, less than 1 year

A fantastic place to work, full of opportunities.....

Oct 9, 2017 - Anonymous Contractor in Andover, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

An agile working environment allows for the business to move quickly and adopt business change with ease. I feel valued as a team member and supported by the positive culture and collaborative approach. Excellent up to date technologies also help to make life a lot easier!

Cons

The fast paced mentality may not suit everyone.

10. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

IRESS - Warwick

Aug 4, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in Warwick, West Midlands, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Relaxed work environment, good facilities at the office, friendly atmosphere. Dynamic environment with lots going on.

Cons

No visible career path, development opportunities or talent management. Heavily focused on a few key clients/projects at the detriment to others. Lack of processes/frameworks. Silos exist at both team level and project team levels. Not a great onboarding experience for new starters.

CEO

Thanks for taking the time to provide this feedback. We have a number of initiatives, both in place and planned, to continue to invest in our people and to look for ways to keep improving how we work. Thanks again.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 29 Reviews