Itsu Reviews

Updated Sep 20, 2021

Found 219 of over 235 reviews

3.5
Itsu Founder Julian Metcalfe (no image)
Julian Metcalfe
Pros
  • "Flexible working hours, free food(in 27 reviews)

• "Free lunch, fast pace, ability to work in other places(in 13 reviews)

• Cons
  • "long hours, stressful, lower management not(in 10 reviews)

• "pretty hard work; always on a rush; high stress level(in 9 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0

good for students

Sep 20, 2021 - Shop Assistant in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

always something to do and keep you busy

Cons

early start and alot of cleaning

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good

Sep 10, 2021 - Team Member in Bicester, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Free food great team good

Cons

None that I know of

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Amazing

Sep 6, 2021 - Sales Floor Team Member in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

You get free food whilst you're working

Cons

No cons, maybe distance if you have to commute

4. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Low money

Sep 20, 2021 - Team Member Pro in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible and no need of experience or training as they train you

Cons

If you have the wrong manager or ops manager your life will be hell. Too much internal gossip.

5. 4.0

Excellent

Sep 2, 2021 - Team Member in Oxford, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very understanding employee and kind

Cons

Besides long hours there are nothing else

6. 2.0

Corporate Machine

Sep 1, 2021 - Hot Cook
      Business Outlook

Pros

Easy application process and interview

Cons

Company ethics Lack of communication from managers Everything comes out of plastic , only things that are fresh is the rice and fish

Recruitment Manager

Thank you for your review. We are very happy to know that you found our recruitment process easy! We are sorry to hear that you experienced lack of communication from your manager during your employment with itsu. We would like to discuss more in detail your concerns regarding our company ethics. Could you please get in touch at opendoor@itsu.com . Thank you.

7. 2.0
      Current Employee

Not really worth stress.

Aug 6, 2021 - Team Member in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Paid breaks, Quarterly shop/staff outings.

Cons

So much stress for what. The pay does not reflect the amount of stress endured. HO culture toxic.

2 people found this review helpful

Central HR Manager

We are very sorry that you feel that your current working environment is not reflecting our itsu values. We would like to discuss your experience in more detail so feel free to email us on opendoor@itsu.com or speak to your People Partner.

8. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Good

Jul 21, 2021 - Team Member in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Free food!!! Good benefits as well as great people to work with

Cons

Manager may not be in touch with the team members, and sometimes the shifts can be long

Recruitment Manager

Thank you for your review! We love to hear that you've enjoyed your lunches with us! At itsu we offer our employees various benefits like cinema discounts, gym discounts and discounts at major retailers. We do hope that you've got to enjoy them!

9. 3.0

Decent

Aug 2, 2021 - Team Leader Service in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Working with people from different cultures and backgrounds and getting to socialise with customers on the daily

Cons

Clashes between the morning and evening team as to what each one was expecting from the other, sometimes the people working in the team could barely speak English which made it really hard to communicate and provide excellent customer services and products of the highest quality. Also, the shifts as a TLS run from noon to late evening which makes it really hard to have a good work/life balance.

Recruitment Manager

Thank you for your review. We are very glad that you've enjoyed working with and were a part of our diverse team! One of the Team Leader Service job role requirements is to be in charge of service, which happens mostly in the afternoons. We do understand that it sometimes can clash with our employees' private life. That's why we've made sure to increase TLS pay rates and are doing TLS Forum meetings to reward all of our hard-working staff members. Because we care and believe in our people, we encourage them to learn new skills. As much as it is appreciated, we do not find fluency in English our main priority when working with customers. We always try to empower our employees to learn something new and give them a chance when they display a willingness to do so. We are very grateful for all your hard work at itsu. Thank you for your advice, at itsu we believe in growth and we are always willing to learn from feedback.

10. 1.0
      Former Employee

Used to be better

Aug 14, 2021 - Crew Member in Perth, Scotland, Scotland
      Business Outlook

Pros

Free lunch and pays break

Cons

Terrible place to work Only you have connections and have this character not only you do well, you get promotion under the table. People with self respect stay away. People with uni stay away. People speaking English stay away. From the vulgar comments made in the kitchen between the team members to customers shouting for doing company policies (charg 5 p the soy). Expectations are very high: company expect perfect visits, perfect audit, perfect EHO, perfect standards, you’ll have to pay a pretty penny, not changing the bonus to never get it. Managers are working extra and not paid for the extra hours cover the shop). Now they want contract to leaders for 45 hours fix pay, probably take advantage of people always stay extra (for FREE). Devastating and heartbreaking. People sick (covid etc) and no shifts to cover them. Workers stay more and do double job. One day close, next open, one day open and close together. New employees leave for too much stress and no money. HR department is no good. If you complain, you will yourself have investigation. No support to the individual only the profit of the company. Other places with better money and respect.

1 person found this review helpful

Central HR Manager

We are very sorry you feel this way about itsu and your experience not being what we hope our teams to have. We offer competitive wages to our managers and now proudly to our team leaders, to help them grow and provide security during those uncertain times. We would like into your statement of raising a complain to our HR team and this not being investigated. Please reach out to us on opendoor@itsu.com. Thank you

Viewing 1 - 10 of 219 Reviews