J D Wetherspoon "50 off food" Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

J D Wetherspoon Employee Reviews about "50 off food"

Found 1120 reviews

3.4
J D Wetherspoon CEO John Hutson
John Hutson
Cons

Reviews about "50 off food"

Return to all Reviews

"Disappointment"

Current Employee - Kitchen Associate in Wirral, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at J D Wetherspoon part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

20% off food and drink whilst not at work 50% off food and drink during shifts E-Learning

Cons

Long hours, and don't always get your breaks. You could easily work 12 hours and only get a 45 min break for the whole shift. Closing shifts, you never know what time you will actually finish. Rotas are meant to be done in 3 weeks of advance, but never are and can change literally that day or the day before your shift.

Advice to Management

No communication with a higher member of staff. Would be nice if rotas were done every 3 weeks in advance and ask beforehand if there is a shift change is person can do it, rather than assume they can.

J D Wetherspoon2018-09-08

"Floor staff opinion"

Current Employee - Floor Staff in London, England

I have been working at J D Wetherspoon part-time for more than a year

Pros

50% off food whilst at work (an hour before shift and after shift too) 25% off food and drink whilst not at work whenever You make friends with people at work

Cons

Managers can pressure you to leave early so they can cut hours sometimes Rude customers sometimes Can get abuse or be singled out by fellow employees

Advice to Management

Allow your own employees to use the 25% food and drink and 50% off food they rightfully deserve on the Wetherspoons app instead of having to go up to the bar (Sounds lazy but can be very annoying) Find a way to give the kitchen less pressure to rush the food out

J D Wetherspoon2018-09-08

"It’s terrible"

Former Employee - Bar Associate in Saffron Walden, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at J D Wetherspoon part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Weekly pay Decent hours Friendly enough staff 50% off food when working 20% off food and drinks out of work

Cons

They treat the staff like crap!, They don’t respect you and your time, You never leave on time!, You get shifts taken away without explanation, You have to give 6 weeks holiday notice, You can not have a day off even if you ask in advance, You have to take a day off as holiday forcefully, You lose holiday days without being told When you’re on a close you can leave as late as 3am and it’s unclear if you even get paid...

Advice to Management

Treat staff better, Give them better information, Work with them in terms of days off, Treat every single person the same! Do not treat non white people different to the next person, it’s highly unprofessional and racist!

J D Wetherspoon2018-04-20
  4. "Great, First Bar Job"

Former Employee - Bar Associate in London, England

I worked at J D Wetherspoon full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

50% off food on shift Convenient shifts People I worked with

Cons

Breaks were too short compared to how long your shift was High staff turnover A lot of mystery shoppers

J D Wetherspoon2017-12-06

December 12, 2017Recruitment CoOrdinator

5. "Bar associate"

I worked at J D Wetherspoon full-time

Pros

50% off food when on shift

Cons

I would finished at 2am and be in for 7am, sometimes I would on a 11 hour shift with just 20 min break. Bullying, management, everything

Advice to Management

respect employees

J D Wetherspoon2017-10-15

November 28, 2017Recruitment CoOrdinator

We’re sorry to hear that Wetherspoon wasn’t for you . We do not in any way tolerate bullying in the workplace and if you can share specifics of that behaviour you have experienced we will address it.

6. "Overworked and cliquey."

Former Employee - Team Leader

I worked at J D Wetherspoon full-time for more than a year

Pros

Half break paid, decent amount of time on break. Over 6 hours - 30 minutes, over 8.5 hours - 45 minutes. 50% off food on shift. Comfortable staff area - with TV.

Cons

Cliquey management and staff. Discount not the best compared to other hospitality companies. Expected to do too much and are extremely overworked.

Advice to Management

Set more of a stepping stone process to move from associate to team leader. It feels as if your progression is based on what managers you are friends with instead of on merit. Stop allowing staff to drink in their work environment, many times it becomes uncomfortable for the staff working and it also gives off a bad impression to customers.

J D Wetherspoon2017-08-29

September 5, 2017Recruitment CoOrdinator

We’re sorry to hear that Wetherspoon wasn’t for you and hope that you find a role that better suits you

7. "Alright place to work tbh"

Current Employee - Kitchen Associate in Cardiff, Wales

I have been working at J D Wetherspoon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

50% off food £8.50 an hour Good atmosphere Always enough hours

Cons

A little bit 'clicky', as in promotions are given to those who may not necessarily deserve it but are more 'in' with higher management. Food orders end at 11 so expect very late finishes after cleaning.

Advice to Management

Give promotions to those who deserve it rather than your mates. Stop serving food after 10, nobody orders between 10 and 11 anyway.

J D Wetherspoon2017-07-04

July 24, 2017Recruitment CoOrdinator

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, your feedback will be discussed in our weekly meetings, and I would encourage you to give feedback directly to your manager if you think there are improvements to be made at a local level.

8. "Bar staff"

I worked at J D Wetherspoon

Pros

- 33% off food off shift -50% off food while on shift -people are great to work with

Cons

-expected to do more hours then expected - management ask you do shifts late notice

J D Wetherspoon2017-06-20

July 4, 2017Recruitment CoOrdinator

9. "Great company would work here again"

I worked at J D Wetherspoon part-time

Pros

- Great staff / atmosphere - Good training - Opportunities to advance in the company if you wish to - All levels of employment involved in company changes - Best staff benefits I've ever recieved (50% off food whilst working)

Cons

- If you're not a hard worker it won't be for you (long hours and sometimes heavy lifting)

J D Wetherspoon2017-04-17
    • "Okayish"

I have been working at J D Wetherspoon

Pros

Good workmates most of the time Decent pay (goes to 8.50 when you complete training - central London) 50% off food during shift

Cons

Unsociable hours Tiring work Some pubs are understaffed

Advice to Management

Hire more staff Be more considerate of needs

J D Wetherspoon2017-03-28