J.P. Morgan Reviews

Updated Aug 2, 2021

Found 26,701 of over 29,949 reviews

4.0
Pros
  • "Great company with great benefits(in 1142 reviews)

• "Good benefits for new employees(in 925 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Long daily working hours throughout year(in 460 reviews)

• "Hard work / no work life balance(in 302 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0

Great Job

Jun 30, 2021 - Analyst in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good culture, line manager was good

Cons

Long hours, weekend work, limited exposure as junior

2. 4.0

Jp morgan IBD

Aug 2, 2021 - Analyst in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Salary, prestige, Canary wharf, surrounded by intelligent people, Fantastic exit opportunities

Cons

Work life balance, seniority are quite unpredictable, lifestyle varies too much per division

3. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Horrible co-worker

Jul 28, 2021 - Technology Associate in Bournemouth, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Potential to be a great job, some great experience and knowledge I can take forward in my career and it will look great on my CV. Happy to be working from home at the moment as the issues are all with co=workrs

Cons

I had to call the police on my co-workers, a pathological liar who tried to spike my coffee at work and lied about her mother dying. I felt very unsafe in the office and was relieved when we started working from home.

Continue reading
    4. 5.0
      Former Employee

Great

Jul 29, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture at the firm, smart people, work-hard play hard culture

Cons

Long and demanding hours sometimes but overall a great place to work

5. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

State of the art, but boring in the long run

Apr 13, 2021 - Cyber Security Incident Response and Attack Analyst in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

good salary great benefits (27 days vacation, amazing pension plan) most people around are great. You will get your hand dirty with an unbelievable amount of tools. Think about a technology, it is there in use. When you are done for the day you are really done.

Cons

US centric company, meaning cool projects are done mainly in the US and other regions gets the boring leftovers. Internal reorg wanted people to focus on some areas, which means it gets more repetitive. Not tiered monitoring model, which means even after years you will be due to work "shift weeks" which are very stressful and repetitive, especially during hiring freezes where workload is essentially double. Requires to answer the phone (call center like) from internal employees that want to report security issues. It is going to take long time to progress internally. I would personally recommend this role to someone not very senior to get more experience, or if you get the Senior role which does not require the monthly shift work. Management does not say anything about people working more hours than they should, and this is actually appreciated rather than discouraged.

Continue reading