JTI - Japan Tobacco International Reviews

Updated Aug 3, 2021

Found 688 of over 1,028 reviews

4.2
JTI - Japan Tobacco International President and Chief Executive Officer  Eddy Pirard
Eddy Pirard
Pros
  • "comfortable working environment and social benefits(in 39 reviews)

• "Competitive C&B package, work-life balance(in 32 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Many policies and procedures, Many levels of decision making(in 21 reviews)

• "hard to say, maybe the senior management is not really up to date with real life challenges(in 12 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Good salaries

Jul 4, 2021 - Expert in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good salaries, experience and exposure

Cons

Competitive environment, challenging products to deal

Social Community Manager

Hello, thank you so much for all of your feedback and taking time to leave your review. We are happy to hear you are finding positive points to express from your time with us at JTI, and we also greatly appreciate the constructive feedback on those areas for improvement. We will take everything on board and feed this back into the relevant teams, to ensure we always moving forward in the right direction as an organisation. We wish all the best for your future at JTI, please stay safe and well.

2. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Excellent company but long hours

Jul 20, 2021 - Corporate Accountant in Manchester, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company to work for really look after you, take you for lots of meals, you may get to travel to another country for business trips occasionally.

Cons

Hours are very long sometimes especially corporate accounting

Social Community Manager

Hi, thank you for the taking the time to write your review. We really appreciate all of the feedback. Firstly, we’re glad to hear you’re enjoying your time at JTI and have such positive things to say. Secondly, thank you for the constructive feedback on how we can improve as an organisation. We always strive to do the best for our people, so all feedback is always welcomed, and we’ll feed this back to the relevant teams. It’s our people who continue to define us. We wish you all the best for your future at JTI.

3. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

BSC Manchester - amazing place to work

Jul 22, 2021 - Master Data Expert
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexibility, good management, learning and development, possibility to progress, good pay, great values.

Cons

JTI HQ (in Geneva) has completely different set of values (quite archaic), therefore values in BSC Manchester were mismatched with the ones in the HQ.

Social Community Manager

Hi, thank you for the taking the time to write your review we really appreciate all of the feedback. Firstly, we’re glad to hear you enjoyed your time at JTI and have such positive things to say. Secondly, thank you for the constructive feedback on how we can improve as a company. We always strive to do the best for our people, so all feedback is always welcome and fed back into the relevant teams. We wish you all the best for the future and thank you for making such an impact to your team.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great Company to work with

Jun 2, 2021 - Cash Management Associate in Manchester, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

flexible working hours - nice environment

Cons

tobacco company - may be considered as unethical

Social Community Manager

Hi, firstly we would just like to express our appreciation for the positive review and thank you for taking the time to give us this valuable feedback. We are so pleased you are enjoying your time at JTI and to see you have such positive things to say. It’s our people who continue to define us. We wish you continued success at JTI and remember you can also follow us on social media as another way to keep up to date with our latest news and updates. linkedin.com/company/JTI instagram.com/JTICareers facebook.com/JTICareers

5. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 8 years

One of the best companies to work for

Apr 26, 2021 - AREA SALES MANAGER in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

90% of people are very good (good selection process)

Cons

You still can get a bad boss :-) Growth opps are limited, people tend to stay 5-10 years at the same roles, thus there is no space for younger generation growth.

Junior Account Executive

Hello, thank you so much for all of your feedback and taking time to leave your review. We are happy to hear you found positive points to express from your time with us at JTI, and we also greatly appreciate the constructive feedback on those areas for improvement. We take everything on board and will feed this back into the relevant teams accordingly, to ensure we always moving forward in the right direction as a company. We wish all the best for your future endeavours, please stay safe and well.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company which values it's employees

Feb 27, 2021 - N/A in Weybridge, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

An outward looking company with great company perks, that rewards it's employees and values their contribution.

Cons

Undergone some restructuring recently, and as a consequence lost/ will loose a great deal of experience. The expectation is to grow the market with less people and that is not possible, as a result people are exhausted and constant meetings working from home are also due to less headcount. A step too far??

Social Community Manager

Hello, thank you for taking the time to write this review, we really appreciate the honest feedback. Firstly, we’re so glad to hear that you are enjoying the company benefits and rewards at JTI. We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing problems with restructuring and workload, this is all really valuable feedback that can help us continue to grow and improve as an organisation. We wish you every success in your future at JTI.

7. 5.0
      Former Employee

Excellent company to work for

Apr 26, 2021 - Lab Technician
      Business Outlook

Pros

Pension, other benefits, bonus, diversity, nights out

Cons

Tobacco company. Nothing bad to say

Junior Account Executive

Hi, thank you for taking the time to leave your review we really appreciate all feedback. We’re so glad to hear you had such a positive experience and enjoyed your time with us at JTI. We wish you all the best in the future and remember you can follow us on social media to keep up to date with our latest news. linkedin.com/company/JTI instagram.com/JTICareers facebook.com/JTICareers

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Excellent Benefits, Average Salary

Apr 14, 2021 - Senior Project Manager in Weybridge, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

One of a kind benefits package

Cons

Comparably lower salary than competitors

9. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

good

May 25, 2021 - BDE - Business Development Executive in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

good management good salary .good culture

Cons

need to listen to staff more openly

10. 4.0
      Former Employee

Good company

May 20, 2021 - Accounts Payable Clerk
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great team towards the end

Cons

Bad culture, “if your face fits” attitude.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 688 Reviews