Jabian Consulting Reviews

Updated Sep 8, 2021

Found 61 of over 65 reviews

4.6
Jabian Consulting Co-Founder & Partner  Brian Betkowski (no image)
Brian Betkowski
Pros
  • "I have always loved consulting, but came to not like the extensive travel, and Jabian is rock solid on sticking to no-travel(in 11 reviews)

• "Jabian offers an unique opportunity for consultants to grow their functional capabilities wherever their passions may take them(in 6 reviews)

• Cons
  • "smaller firm(in 3 reviews)

• "Depending upon level, extra is asked of you that may impact your work life balance(in 3 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great company. Great culture. Lagging pay

Sep 8, 2021 - Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

One of the best company cultures I’ve ever seen

Cons

The pay is lagging for the consulting industry

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Genuine and transparent

Apr 7, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Truly the best group of highly skilled consultants you could work with.

Cons

As a growing company, everyone has to do a lot of things to contribute to growth.

3. What people are saying about Jabian Consulting

Join the conversation on

Consulting

131.2K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/consulting/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.uk&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Employer-content-integrated-Reviews&utm_term=Jabian Consulting~324065
      Join the conversation on
    4. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Co-workers are true team members

Mar 17, 2021 - Executive Assistant in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great team environment, co-workers are amazing. Out of the box thinking is definitely encouraged.

Cons

of all the companies I have worked with this company doesn't even make the list of issues worth reporting.

5. 5.0

Great Place To Work!

Feb 11, 2021 - Sourcing Specialist in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Local Model, Community Involvement, Diversity and Inclusion

Cons

Can't think of any downsides

6. 4.0
      Former Employee

Good Culture, Need More Diversity

Feb 23, 2021 - Consultant in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits, company events, philanthropic sector

Cons

Need more diversity with hiring/staffing, especially internal staff.

7. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great company

Aug 18, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Community focus, good people, client focus

Cons

No path to partner or ownership

8. 5.0

Walks the Walk

Feb 5, 2020 - Consultant in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Everything they told me in the recruiting process, and what they describe internally, they earnestly try to do. Good about receiving and acting on feedback. Current size allows them to act quickly on new ideas.

Cons

Managing high growth is hard to do.

2 people found this review helpful
    9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

This is a place where you can realize your FULL potential

Feb 4, 2020 - Director in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

You are supported and encouraged to get involved in various things: recruiting, thought leadership, speaking/writing, community involvement/leadership, networking for personal, networking for BD, etc. Jabian is rapidly growing, and with the rigorous hiring process, I feel like we bring in the best of the best. We have excellent project collateral, templates, tools, etc. Everyone is more than willing to help coach or advise on areas outside of your own expertise. You are encouraged to find a personal platform, and it doesn't have to be the pigeon hole you may have been in your prior consulting firm. With all of the support to go be an ambassador for Jabian and to enrich your own skills, its quite liberating and exciting! Excellent marketing and design team to support you in client or BD efforts! Most importantly, Jabian approached BD differently than you are probably used to - its about relationships...going out to make real connections with people using a "marathon, not a sprint" mentality. I feel like I am helping clients and solving complex business challenges in a deeper and more meaningful way now. I have always loved consulting, but came to not like the extensive travel, and Jabian is rock solid on sticking to no-travel. I love that I feel like I am finally a citizen of my city, and that I could honestly bump into my clients at local restaurants or events. Base compensation was competitive with my prior firm.

Cons

The smaller firm size does mean there is room for improvement in the depth and breadth of project collateral and internal firm processes, but you absolutely have support in making suggestions or building it out. There is a fairly high utilization rate, even for Directors, which makes it challenging to also go do all of the other exciting things you are supported in doing. The benefits package is also evolving - its good, but totally could be better, but I know they are actively making changes constantly.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee

Care About People

Mar 25, 2019 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

Really interesting work with intelligent people who care. Leadership continues to work on making it an even better place to work.

Cons

Sometimes it is too much of a good thing. People don’t always pay as much attention to the great things as they do to the things needing improvement. The company is growing, which creates change. They really stay focused on maintaining the culture and purpose though.

5 people found this review helpful
    11. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Great company with great people who do great work

Feb 24, 2019 - Director in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people who love what they do, autonomy to direct your own career path, support for individuals to pursue their interests, no travel expected,

Cons

Used to ask for people to do too many things outside of client delivery, but that's changed for the better.

4 people found this review helpful