Janssen "j j" Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Janssen Employee Reviews about "j j"

Updated 3 Jan 2018

4.1
Janssen CEO Alex Gorsky
Alex Gorsky
Pros
Cons
  • "Very demanding targets, Work-life balance sometimes is challenging(in 18 reviews)

• "To big company to make any changes in procedures(in 9 reviews)

Reviews about "j j"

Return to all Reviews

"Review of working at Janssen"

Current Employee - Regional Sourcing Specialist EMEA in High Wycombe, England

I have been working at Janssen full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Part of J&J one of the world's largest healthcare companies.

Cons

Highly complex organisation so not always easy to get things done.

Janssen2017-10-19
  2. "Sales Representative"

Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Janssen full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have worked at several pharmaceutical companies and I can say that the Credo Culture is alive and well at any J&J company. The company always takes the high road regardless to how it may impact sales.

Cons

Like any major corporation turn around time for resources seem to lag. Incentive compensation targets seem to change quarterly causing confusion amongst the sales team

Janssen2018-01-02
  3. "Decent place to work for employees but not for contractors"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Ringaskiddy
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Janssen for more than a year

Pros

Good work life balance, flexi working hours is handy. There are some good perks for J&J employees. Bonus, sports & social, insurance etc..

Cons

Management are quite weak in a lot of departments. Poor communicators and a lack of people management skills. No benefits or perks being a contractor, not great for team dynamics with the disparity between contractors and employees conditions.

Janssen2018-01-03
  4. "Great Place to Work"

Scientist

I have been working at Janssen for more than 3 years

Pros

Relaxed, family orientated, dog-friendly company. Retained some of its small company culture after it was acquired by J&J. Great benefits!

Cons

Typically big pharma issues and "busy work" with endless mandatory online training. Can get tedious, but overall, nothing significant to complain about.

Janssen2017-09-13
  5. "Regional Controlling specialist"

I have been working at Janssen full-time

Pros

multinational company under J&J umbrella

Cons

you cannot have work/life balance

Janssen2017-02-21

"Worst management and zero work life balance"

Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Raritan, NJ

I have been working at Janssen full-time for more than a year

Pros

Seriously there is nothing to be proud of except for feeling of working for J&J company.

Cons

12hr work day, dirty office spaces, no room for sick time off, extremely poor work life balance, negative competition amongst managers, no resources for training, cafe food is unappetizing, poorly maintained drinking water units, empty talks of worklife balance and J&J Credo - They are not hold true. The Finance team at Janssen is know for working some crazy hours. Yes, you read it right. Most of the analysts are working more than 70 hours a week. Things just gets worse during month/quarter end closes. Management will never acknowledge your efforts by putting overtime and instead throw more work at your desk. Management does not have industry experience and technical accounting knowledge to guide team in right direction. As a result managers do not agree with each other where there is impact across other accounting teams. Managers will put blame on you when your reach out to them for guidance and ask you to work independently. It is very difficult to even ask for sick time off, managers seem very uncomfortable if your request to take day off to recover. The reason is that managers do not want to be held responsible for any inquiries from other finance teams in your absence. This again ties to them not having technical accounting knowledge in application to manufacturing setting. Except minimum to zero transitional training when you start new with team, it helps a bit if you are applying internally and have a J&J experience of over 3 years. ERP systems are not set up correctly and often do not provide the level of detail you may require to analyse any transaction. I would recommend anyone who is currently employed to stay clear of this firm, those who are currently unemployed can take their chance as they have noting more to lose. But be prepared to get tortured by managers and peers. Honestly there are other job opportunities worth seeking. Save yourself from stress levels that are alarmingly harmful to your health and work life balance.

Janssen2017-01-31

"Long term pension good"

Current Employee - Medical Science Liaison in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Janssen full-time

Pros

Benefits and health great; nice discounts on j & j products. Company car. Life insurance included at no additional cost. Matching 401K 6%

Cons

Big pharma conservative. Lower salary compared to rest of pharma however benefits outweigh. Recent MSL turnover but seems to be for better

Janssen2016-05-18

"Senior Manager for Janssen"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Spring House, PA

I have been working at Janssen full-time for less than a year

Pros

Janssen is part of the Johnson & Johnson family of companies. J&J is a fabulous company to work for. They truly care about their employees and value their work and contributions. Compensation is much higher than my previous job at another Pharma company. They offer up to 17 weeks of paid time off for maternity leave. Health/retirement benefits are competitive with other big Pharma companies. As a company they embrace helping employees succeed in their careers and helping them move into positions/promotions that meet their career goals.

Cons

I personally haven't found anything I don't like about the company yet. I have been there almost a year. I think for the most part, if you are a good worker, it will pay off to you, and if you are not, you won't have the same opportunities.

Janssen2016-02-09
  9. "Great work life balance, good business with strong pipeline, great parent brand"

Current Employee - Product Manager

I have been working at Janssen full-time

Pros

Great mobility of career - not only in pharma but in other J&J sectors like device and consumer, credo driven culture, people to people business, good work-life balance including summer fridays and general cultural respect for family time.

Cons

NJ/PA centric location, management does have in-club which is motivating for great performers but can be less motivating for folks on the other side.

Janssen2014-07-01
  10. "Best Company I've Ever Worked For"

Current Employee - Senior Research Associate in South San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Janssen full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great collaboration spirit between coworkers and department. Human Resources is proactive in preventing personnel issues. Culture centers around J&J Credo. Great training. Generous with milestone payments and bonuses. Great incentive programs to achieve goals.

Cons

Compared to previous places I've worked, there are no cons.

Janssen2013-03-12