Japan Tobacco International "decision making" Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Japan Tobacco International Employee Reviews about "decision making"

Updated 15 Oct 2019

3.6
Japan Tobacco International President and Chief Executive Officer  Eddy Pirard
Eddy Pirard
Pros
Cons
  • "Sometimes too slow decision making but as usual in corporate world(in 17 reviews)

• "m de tudo valoriza os profissionais que fazem parte da empresa(in 12 reviews)

Reviews about "decision making"

Return to all Reviews

"A great company to develop within"

Current Employee - Human Resources Communications Content Manager in Weybridge, England

I have been working at Japan Tobacco International full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

JTI is definitely a great company to grow and develop within. When I first joined in 2011, I had no real idea of my career path, so a role on reception seemed like the ideal start to help me understand more about the functions within a multinational company and potential future career opportunities. There are many secondment and assignment opportunities (domestic and international) helping you to get a better understanding of various functions and roles within them. After 2.5 years and 3 different roles, I was promoted to a management role within a global function reporting into HQ, but still based in the UK. It is interesting to work in virtual mode, but something I greatly appreciate because it means I haven’t had to relocate to a new country, although this is something that is very much possible, should you wish, and I have seen many colleagues do. There are great options to attend training courses and conferences to help with your professional development. These can be directly related to your role, but also something that would help increase your knowledge, but not necessarily directly impact what you are doing. This approach is ideal because you feel like it is not just about what is good for the company in terms of having employees with improved skills and knowledge to aid the business, but also to aid the employee as an individual and the investment that are making in you personally. It is also a great bonus that we are actively encouraged to participate in volunteering opportunities within the local community, all organised by the company. Not only is this an incredibly rewarding thing to do, but it is great for personal development and expanding your experiences – something I have really appreciated. My personal feeling about the company as a whole from all I have seen and experienced over the past 5+ years is that employees really matter and you are part of one big family. And this is clearly evident by the fact that so many employees stay with the company for years! At the last few long-service awards, I have been amazed (but not surprised) at how many employees had been there for 15+ years, with some even reaching 35 years! I think that speaks for itself!

Cons

The decision-making process can be a little slow sometimes and convoluted processes can lead to some frustration, however, this is not uncommon in multinational companies.

Japan Tobacco International2016-07-15

"Make JTI great again"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Japan Tobacco International full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Diverse and interesting environment with people from many cultures and nationalities. Good office locations and the opportunity to travel and work abroad for those willing and able to do so. Big Company benefits. CEO very capable and looking to make real changes.

Cons

Bureaucracy. Endless policies and procedures that lead to slow decision making and over-consultation. Many policies are used selectively and therefore are effectively meaningless. Company calls for people to be ‘Open’ and ‘Challenging’ but in reality discourages frank feedback on critical strategic shortcomings.

Japan Tobacco International2018-01-13
  3. "Best Company"

Current Employee - Global Payment Manager in Manchester, England

Pros

plenty of opportunities, good management

Cons

long decision making process, lack of trust

Japan Tobacco International2015-08-27

"Working in a nationally different management culture was initially interesting but ultimately disappointing."

Former Employee - Manager R&D in Ballymena, Northern Ireland

I worked at Japan Tobacco International full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Large multinational company potentially offering a range of jobs, salary and working conditions are good.

Cons

Bureaucratic decision making and control systems. Management by standard management textbook. Lot of time spent on meaningless big company games. Succession planning unclear. The family is JTI not your family.

Japan Tobacco International2013-12-23
  5. "Good working environment"

No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Japan Tobacco International full-time

Pros

Positive team thanks to a very robust employees base. Very competitive salary / benefits. outstanding office and related facilities

Cons

Slow decision making process. All the rest looks ok

Japan Tobacco International2019-10-15
  6. "Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Taipei

I have been working at Japan Tobacco International full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great salary and benefits. Aggressive career developmental opportunities. Room for employees to have fast track career path. Encourage employees to challenge status quo.

Cons

Slow decision making process due to centralized management.

Japan Tobacco International2018-08-13
  7. "JTI - Great place to work"

Former Employee - Finance Manager in Geneva

I worked at Japan Tobacco International full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great culture, career development, superb helpful colleagues and friendly environment

Cons

Sometimes too slow decision making but as usual in corporate world

Japan Tobacco International2018-02-21
  8. "Geneva HQ review"

Pros

Long term oriented company, investing in people. Not many companies left are like this. This is refreshing compared to US listed companies, which are unable to see farther than the end of the next quarter, despite claiming they are strategic

Cons

at times the decision making process could be quite slow because of the compromise culture and the highly centralized organization and decision power

Japan Tobacco International2017-12-12
  9. "Dynamic but good work-life balance"

Current Employee - Marketing in Milan

I have been working at Japan Tobacco International full-time for more than a year

Pros

Salary, assigned tasks, working hours, assistance and cooperation with every function. Organization of external courses of development. Location and connections with other foreign markets, R&D and HQ.

Cons

Slow processes in every change or decision making due to a vertical (foreign) path. Usage of smart working days. Low level of autonomy in day by day work.

Japan Tobacco International2017-11-04

Japan Tobacco International Response

November 8, 2017Human Resources, JTI Italy

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your working period in JTI Italy. We work hard to ensure that our company culture is inclusive and engaging whilst offering interesting development opportunities for our employees so we are really pleased to hear that your experience reflects this. As with all multinational businesses, decision making processes can take time but we are always looking to improve so we will take your feedback on board. Thanks again for your review.

"Brand Manager"

I have been working at Japan Tobacco International full-time

Pros

Great culture, clear directions, great benefits

Cons

Slow decision making, political, hierarchical

Japan Tobacco International2017-07-10