Jessops Employee Reviews about "store managers"

Updated Nov 6, 2019

Found 3 of over 119 reviews

3.8
Jessops Executive Chairman David Adams (no image)
David Adams
Pros
  • "Nice incentives for certain cameras(in 10 reviews)

• "I really enjoyed working for Jessops(in 6 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Store managers swapped too often which was maybe the result of head office being too demanding(in 3 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Reviews about "store managers"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Overall, pretty good

Nov 6, 2019 - Store Manager in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

The team in store is the biggest Pro, putting together a good team and seeing them work well to achieve personal and business goals and targets is rewarding. I've learned a lot from this company that I don't think I would have elsewhere but that wasn't always through design by Jessops, a lot was on the job learning.

Cons

Stock management is the biggest issue. The stores are not set up for success. Some stores got a refit and others were left with the same look and feel the store has had for 10 years but expected to put in the same level of performance. A handful of store managers in the business take the mickey with their salaries, working days and generally seem to have a different set of rules to the rest of us.

Continue reading
    2. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

A good place to work, though head office should listen to staff on the shop floor a bit more.

Nov 24, 2017 - Sales Associate
      Business Outlook

Pros

I really enjoyed working for Jessops. A great team to work with in the shop. A good atmosphere was present and people enjoyed using and selling camera equipment.

Cons

The pay could have been better (having said that I was given a pay rise when I didn't even ask for one). Store managers swapped too often which was maybe the result of head office being too demanding.

Continue reading
    3. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

unrealistic targets, poor company wide communication and bad pay for junior retail staff

Jan 21, 2015 - Sales Expert in Bristol, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Some colleagues became good friends

Cons

Poor leadership from Team Leaders and Store Managers - I worked across several different stores and there was big inconsistencies between management skills. Some took a very 'do as I say, not as I do' attitude.

Viewing 1 - 3 of 3 English Reviews