Jet2.com Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

3.3
Jet2.com CEO Stephen Heapy
Stephen Heapy

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • City centre location, some great staff, free tea & coffee (in 8 reviews)

• Excellent opportunities for progression if you are enthusiastic and willing to work hard to achieve business goals (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Staff travel or access to more worthwhile travel concessions would be appreciated (in 7 reviews)

• Long hours but that is made up for with the early finish on a Friday (in 5 reviews)

1. "Fantastic Place To Work"

Current Employee - Head Office Employee in Leeds, England
    Current Employee - Head Office Employee in Leeds, England

I have been working at Jet2.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I joined the business 7 months ago and the recruitment process from beginning to end was so personalised and friendly and kept me well informed. Everyone I met was (and still is now I have joined) passionate about the business.

As an employee it is refreshing to see so many people that truly love what they are doing and believe in their own philosophy and values. Everyone works hard to provide a great service for the Customers whether they are in the operation or behind the scenes and they seem to thrive on the results.

Everyone is so down to earth and Senior managers are approachable and accessible. The communication is great and we are always kept informed of how the business is performing and what is relevant .

The role I have is varied and challenging and I feel I have the ability to make decisions, challenge and put forward my ideas.

Fascinating business and a very successful one that I and everyone who works here is very proud of.

It is a very straightforward business model and if you like to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment with some fantastic people I would highly recommend looking at Jet2.com or Jet2holidays.

Cons

7 months in and I love it!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing and winning awards :)

2. "good pay"

Current Employee - Travel Agent in Leeds, England
    Current Employee - Travel Agent in Leeds, England

I have been working at Jet2.com part-time (More than a year)

Pros

great bonus schemes for workers

Cons

terrible management who are hard to work with

Advice to Management

very cliquey and unfair disciplines

3. "Opportunities Galore!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England

I have been working at Jet2.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fast growing growing business where there are many opportunities for progression. Great city centre location and early finish on a Friday!

Cons

Benefits slowly added, but would expect more from a business thus size. Staff travel or access to more worthwhile travel concessions would be appreciated.

Advice to Management

keep rewarding your staff!

5. "Pre Travel Services Advisor"

Current Employee - Pre Travel Services Advisor in Leeds, England
    Current Employee - Pre Travel Services Advisor in Leeds, England

I have been working at Jet2.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

friendly staff, good progression oppurtunities

Cons

poor benefits and no discounts for employees

"Cabin crew"

Current Employee - Senior Cabin Crew in Leeds, England
    Current Employee - Senior Cabin Crew in Leeds, England

I have been working at Jet2.com full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- Growing business so easy to progress quickly. Especially within new bases
    - Well structured company who are careful with the spending
    - Crew you work with are great
    - Management structure at my base friendly and approachable
    - Higher pay compared to other airlines with the possibility of doubling your wage with commission in peak season
    - Charters can be regular in winter season meaning trips away
    - No night flights
    - Not many 4 sector days compared to a friend at Easyjet who does 4 sectors practically 5 days a week.
    - New and old aircraft
    - Winter season quieter for obvious reasons. But as you get a basic salary you still get paid for working 3 flights a month :)
    - Great payment package when working from a different base
    - Nice hotel standards
    - High standard of training
    - Sick and late bonus scheme in place

Cons

- no crew food ( but we are paid an allowance to buy our own choice of food)
    - Top management coming up with crazy ideas that they think are a good idea but online are impractical
    - Crews views hardly taken into account on above ideas
    - Current uniform of poor quality. However this is due to change in may 2018
    - Deductions from commission due to stock errors ( no proof it is crew. Could be cleaners/caterers/computer glitch)
    - Lighting colour scheme on new aircraft with sky interior. Jet2 red all day is a bit much.

Staff travel
    - Staff travel is available but a poor structure. So many empty seats have to be available a month before departure. But due to passengers loads practically impossible. Usually better/cheaper to book in advance and with rivals to avoid any risks
    -£100 off holidays is dismal compared to previous discounts earned in previous company.

Advice to Management

- Take ideas from your front line crew into consideration more often. As we do this job day in day out and we know what works and doesn’t work.
    - Come up with new rules on the mood lighting system. Not really a mood lighting system if it has to be stuck on red all day. Use it to its best ability. Boeing invested a lot of money into this. Allow us to use its full settings
    - Deductions from communing structure to be looked at. It’s demoralising the crew. As what’s the point in following procedure if it is just taken off you anyway.

"PTS. Pre travel service or poor team structure?"

Former Employee - Pre Travel Services in Manchester, England
    Former Employee - Pre Travel Services in Manchester, England

I worked at Jet2.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

What pros!? Non at all
    Maybe payday IF we get paid correctly which is rare. Free parking however never any parking spaces. Free tea and coffee that we never have time to make or drink.

Cons

Bad management - Bullying, sexual comments made by TLs mainly from Andre.
    Face must fit basis
    Bullying
    Slagging off ex members of staff always not caring if current staff are their friend
    Manager told me off for using the loo
    Over run a break or lunch by more than 30 seconds and you get classes as a late
    I will be leaving at the end of March.
    Sacking staff “because they don’t like them” then telling the rest of the team or hangar about it isn’t good.

Advice to Management

Be more professional. I’ve heard Leeds is no better than Manchester.

"Not what it pretends to be at all"

I worked at Jet2.com full-time

Pros

Not any really. Nothing exciting, nothing to mention.

Cons

Growing so fast with such poor, unprepared management, lack of know-how will bring this one down in few years.
    There's no notion of human factors. Company will use you and dispose of you fast after they've finished you physically and mentally. No understanding, no concern for the well-being of employees, promotions are dedicated to specific people. If you're not in the right circle, you'll never succeed.
    Big talks, big words, lots of showing off and ...... that's it. Search under the surface and you will see the rotten, toxic working atmosphere.
    So glad I could get rid of them!!

Advice to Management

Management should do a good thing which is to resign. If impossible then go and learn a thing or 2 about aircraft and people.

"Flight Planning"

Current Employee - Flight Planner in Leeds, England
    Current Employee - Flight Planner in Leeds, England

I have been working at Jet2.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The best dynamic you couldn possibly ask for! Made up of a hardworking close knit team that strive to continue the success of Jet2 by providing an excellent standard of service. Management take welfare of team very seriously and are extremely supportive. They communicate brilliantly which keeps the department running effectively and efficiently and are always continuing to develop people within the department or company. Could not ask for a better work environment or hierarchy. Enjoyable work place.

Cons

There are none to note.

Advice to Management

Continue to strive for excellence!

"Operations Control Centre"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England

I have been working at Jet2.com full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

An incredibly motivating area of the business to work in if you enjoy a friendly, fast-paced environment

Highly experienced and supportive senior management that know the company well, who are always present to guide the operation when required

Cons

Uneven pay scales due to rapid growth of the company but very good salaries nonetheless!

No other cons to mention

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

"Flight Planning"

I have been working at Jet2.com full-time

Pros

Fantastic, solid team with excellent opportunities for progression. Management encourage staff to develop skills and grow individually alongside the company's successful growth. Staff are supported with further training opportunities/external visits to improve their knowledge. Very flexible work/life balance with a 4 on / 4 off working pattern.

Cons

Nil - excellent team to work with.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.