JetBlue Analyst Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Found 39 reviews

3.7
JetBlue CEO Robin Hayes
Robin Hayes

"I am happy when I go to work because i love my job"

Current Employee - Analyst in Long Island City, NY

I have been working at JetBlue full-time for more than a year

Pros

Awesome benefits, great teamleader, excellent culture, good work experience. JetBlue makes you a desired candidate for other companies if you have it on your resume.

Cons

Slow technological advancement. Things that are being done in other carriers for years are just now coming to JetBlue. They also take a long time in making decisions as it pertains to securing ancillary revenue.

Advice to Management

Make sure you hear the people, listen to the values committee and even if it hurts, make changes that are beneficial to all Crewmembers. Communicate honest reasons as to why something isn't going to happen, even if it hurts, at least you maintain integrity.

JetBlue2013-09-14

"Job of a lifetime."

Former Employee - Senior Analyst in Long Island City, NY

I worked at JetBlue full-time for more than a year

Pros

If you have an opportunity to be part of the JetBlue team, do not pass it up. Though I still have many years left in my career, I am certain that I am going to continue to look back at JetBlue as one of the best places, if not the best place, I ever worked. Overall there are not many places where else can you learn a lot and enjoy doing it every day, in a fun, innovative, collaborative environment – and at least... to me, that is worth a lot (plus if you like traveling, free flights is icing on the cake!).

Cons

As some people mentioned in their reviews, their pay is not as competitive as you may find in other industries, and advancement can be challenging (but I do believe they are working on development plans to address that and they do value promoting from within, which is great).

JetBlue2013-07-26

"Image Better Than Reality"

Current Employee - Analyst in New York, NY
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at JetBlue full-time

Pros

Good Coworkers. Travel Benefits. Caring. Well-known.

Cons

Political, Hierarchical, Leaders kiss up. New Leaders have fancy backgrounds but terrible management skills and make poor decisions.

Advice to Management

Don't be afraid to change Leaders, even when you hired them. You can't be taught to stop taking the work of others. Let them go.

JetBlue2013-07-30

"JetBlue allows you to stretch your knowledge base, but sometimes the process barriers can be frustrating"

Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at JetBlue full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Casual work place. Chance to interact with a variety of departments and people.

Cons

Takes forever to get a system changed and implemented.

JetBlue2013-04-26
  5. "could be better"

Current Employee - Analyst in Long Island City, NY

I have been working at JetBlue full-time for more than a year

Pros

nice people to work with

Cons

compensation could be higher, could be more efficient, should value human capital more

Advice to Management

increase salary by being more efficient

JetBlue2013-03-14
  6. "Solid Company trying to do the right thing"

Current Employee - Analyst in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at JetBlue full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

JetBlue tries to create a good workplace environment but expects alot from the crewmembers without competitive salaries. Good "job", not so great of a long term career.

Cons

Storms, Storms, Storms, Storms, Storms.. and low salaries.

JetBlue2013-03-12

"Great Company - Limited Growth Opportunity"

Current Employee - Analyst in Salt Lake City, UT
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at JetBlue full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Strong cutting edge company leading the industry in offerings. There are many opportunities for entry level employees. The culture here in Salt Lake is amazing. Front line Managers are generally very grounded and in the corner for their direct reports.

Cons

Analysts are not treated the same nor given the same opportunities as supervisors or others in operational positions. Mid Level management (Director/VP) are too lost in the day to day operation to see problems developing amongst non operational teams. Opportunities for growth and advancement (minimum requirements for similar jobs) are not consistent across different office/airport locations across the company.

JetBlue2013-02-28

"Overall amazing place to work..."

Analyst in Long Island City, NY

I have been working at JetBlue

Pros

Great work/life balance and flexibility in the corporate office. Long Island City office is state-of-the-art. Work with some very positive, talented, passionate people. Professional development and promotional/lateral opportunities are available. Travel benefits are always great.

Cons

Some people definitely shouldn't be in the positions they're in... not just referring to management roles. Nearly impossible to get fired once you're in, and I think a lot of people take advantage of that. Way too much emphasis placed on talent development. Don't get me wrong, *professional* development is extremely important, but a stronger focus needs to be placed on talent acquisition... bring in the right... people, both front-line and support side because there are a lot of disgruntled people and otherwise "bad apples" here that aren't going to develop no matter how many Principles of Leadership classes you put them through. Recruiting team is very friendly, but the process is long and takes a lot of patience. After applying, don't expect to hear anything for several months if at all. Salary/benefits are lower than other industries, but that's part of working for an airline. It's fun and very rewarding, but certainly not a place to get rich. Know what you're getting into before applying, it's not for everyone.

Advice to Management

Focus on bringing in the right people! It's vital for our future success...

JetBlue2012-03-08

"Great company, no opportunities"

Analyst in Forest Hills, NY

I have been working at JetBlue

Pros

Flight benefits and the ease of the commute to the headquarters in Forest Hills. You're reverse commuting so it's never a packed train. Sweet. A distant third is that people like the brand so it's easy to be proud of where you work.

Cons

The company is not disciplined and therefore promoted a lot of people early on and has since just stopped promoting. Period. Especially in the non-operational support areas. There is no middle management in many departments and a promotion from coordinator to Director does not seem realistic.

Advice to Management

Put the right people in the right jobs and get the wrong people off the bus already. This company has too many people who either don't know what they're doing, don't do it right, or just make their job harder than it really needs to be. Just because it's a young company does not mean we all have to be territorial and stake our claim. In fact, it should be quite the opposite.

JetBlue2008-06-21