JetBlue Customer Service Agent Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 16 Apr 2019

3.1
JetBlue CEO Robin Hayes
Robin Hayes

"great if you want to travel, and don't need money"

Current Employee - Customer Service Agent in Salt Lake City, UT
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at JetBlue part-time for more than a year

Pros

positive atmosphere, great values, great friends/employees

Cons

super low pay, hard to get time off, not flexible on hours until you have been there for years!

JetBlue2019-04-17

"Jet blie"

Current Employee - Customer Service Agent in Salt Lake City, UT
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at JetBlue part-time for less than a year

Pros

Good flexor part time hours

Cons

Low pay at first so

Advice to Management

Be nice and be fair

JetBlue2016-11-29
  3. "Customer Service"

Customer Service Agent in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at JetBlue

Pros

Great company to wo k for

Cons

None that I can think of

Advice to Management

None

JetBlue2016-04-02

"Great Benefits but at a price"

Former Employee - Customer Service Agent in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at JetBlue part-time for less than a year

Pros

Working from home was amazing. Really relaxed and easy to pick up a lot of hours. Flight benefits are always a great thing.

Cons

Because they know you are getting this entry level job for the flight benefits, they don't have to pay that much.

JetBlue2015-11-15
  5. "Great work environment!"

Customer Service Agent in Jf Kennedy Ap, NY

I worked at JetBlue

Pros

I loved working here! coworkers were good to work with, Management was fair. Benefits were amazing of course! As long as you had positive attitude, good vibes with coworkers and customers and never took anything personally, the days always went well :)

Cons

We got pay raises that were less than a dollar yearly, I would have appreciated at least a $1.50 pay raise yearly.

JetBlue2015-10-19
  6. "great company to work for"

Current Employee - Customer Service Agent in New York, NY

I have been working at JetBlue full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

flight befits are great, people i work with are great

Cons

wroking long days with delays and screaming customers

JetBlue2014-08-20

"Stay away from this company!!!!"

Former Employee - Customer Service Agent in Jamaica, NY

I worked at JetBlue full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Flight benefits, flexibility (if u bargain and pay the right people), lifetime friends, stock options, hotel and other travel deals.

Cons

HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE leadership!!!!!!!!!!! Most of the supervisors at JFK are former Regular crewmembers who are on a power trip making their own rules and treating other crewmembers like crap because they can! They perform absolutely no coaching and are the laziest people on the face of this earth! Leadership puts you so down that you literally feel like you are a useless turd on the middle of the road!... They give you absolutely NO sympathy or any type of help during family emergency's that are even proven with notes from hospitals ect. After the 6 year mark, you are On high watch so that they can get rid of you and hire a part time employee for much less than what they were paying you! The people that run this airline are children! What kind of airline delays flights for 6 hours and then canceled live at 3am only for the customer service agents to get the angry wrath of people while the supervisors relax in their offices???? Unbelievable! Discusting company, they will not make it far!!! A warning to all that want to apply, DONT PUNISH YOURSELF! WALK AWAY FOR THE SAKE OF YOUR SANITY AND SELF ESTEEM!!! A supermarket bagger is better than working for this place!

Advice to Management

Practice the values that you teach everybody during your occult style orientation! Bring back the Company that used to be, quit being so cheap, learn how to run an airline that isn't based off of marketing and base it off actual Customer service! Also, quit getting rid of good employees that actually made money and worked hard for your airline instead of throwing them out!

JetBlue2014-08-02

"Horrible abusive management"

Former Employee - Customer Service Agent in Houston, TX

I worked at JetBlue full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

First few years was a great place with pleasant work environment and great travel benefits, but after change of management and practices, not much to like about the company or working conditions anymore.

Cons

New management draconian, abusive, conniving and downright mean-spirited; just always looking for any reason to knock you, belittle you and/or hand out disciplinary action; could really blow any little thing out of proportion. Supervisors would often have you in situations where you would be 'damned if you do, damned if you don't, or you can only take choice A or B in a bad situation, and you will get yelled... at/disciplined no matter which one you choose; would even at times ask you to do something and then scream at you for doing exactly what you were asked! (Of course if I didn't, I'm sure they would have been quick to charge me with insubordination!) Held to unrealistically short times to turn aircraft at gate, often without tools needed to do job properly; some staff led to compromise safety for fear of being disciplined/written up if they didn't make the turn time. Airline had horrible contingency planning, sometimes irrationally cancelling our flights when weather conditions not that bad to warrant it, and would leave some customers stranded for up to 5 or 6 days, and without the option to rebook to another airline (Rule 240 like other airlines can). Also, new reservation system full of bugs, IT very slow to fix, would constantly change procedures (for rebooking, ticket changes, etc.) without telling us, and of course, we get blamed for it.

Advice to Management

Since you brag about integrity being one of the company's values and hold us to it, maybe you should hold yourself to it in the way you treat your staff; have realistic expectations, understand we are often left in bad situations we can only do so much about, and for those supervisors who abuse their authority and treat staff badly, its time they got a taste of their own medicine.

JetBlue2014-03-06

"Never a dull moment at the airport!"

Current Employee - Customer Service Agent in Orlando, FL

I have been working at JetBlue part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Travel Benefits- flexible schedule- pay is decent for what we do- fast paced - opportunity to grow if you are a go getter.

Cons

Just like any other job, you sometimes work with others who are lazy or complain about doing their job!

JetBlue2013-01-18

"You won't be blue working for JetBlue!"

Current Employee - Bilingual Customer Service Agent in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at JetBlue full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Many of the call center positions can be worked from home. The characteristics of "Safety, Caring, Passion, Integrity, and Fun." Health benefit options for part-timers. Flight benefits.

Cons

If you like working with others or getting out of the house to go to work, a call center position may not be for you. You may have to start out as a part-time employee to get your foot in the door.

JetBlue2012-07-27