JetBlue Employee Reviews about "airlines"

Updated Oct 30, 2021

Found 57 of over 1,898 reviews

4.1
JetBlue President/CEO Robin Hayes
Robin Hayes
Pros
  • "You will have great Flight benefits(in 303 reviews)

• "Flexibility travel benefits salary opportunity(in 131 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Absolutely nothing negative to say about JetBlue(in 116 reviews)

• "Small company compared to other airlines(in 57 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "airlines"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Good

Oct 30, 2021 - Lead Ramp Agent
      Business Outlook

Pros

They often ask If I am contributing to the operation

Cons

Lower top out pay compared to other airlines

2. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Went from being the best to being the worse company to work for.

Jul 21, 2021 - Flight Attendant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Travel benefits, co-workers, self managed for the most part.

Cons

Where do I begin? Flight attendant management has gone from bad to worse over the past two years. Management has done a very poor resource planning job where we are flying too many routes without adequate staffing. They are pointing fingers at us for getting sick. When people are constantly pushed to work 16+ hour duty days, they will get sick. Jetblue also decided it was a wise move to expand out of places with chronic operational and delay problems without proper resources. There is a reason why Southwest pulled out of EWR; it ended up not being cost-effective. We are also expanding out of LGA; I can’t wait to see that circus. These two airports are constantly causing us downline issues. There have been several threatening emails to our workgroup from our management; we are being punished with extra dependability points for being sick. The airline industry has become very popular with hostile passengers, which creates a hostile work environment. Instead of offering us resources to cope with it, they are sending us threats. A lot of my colleagues are having anxiety going to work as a result of poor treatment by management and a hostile work environment. Also, I question their corporate social responsibility. We were and are still not required to test for Covid after a close exposure. They just tell us to monitor the symptoms, as if it was not determined that people can be asymptomatic. We could be flying around positive super spreading the virus because JB does not want to remove and pay their flight attendants to get tested. All the corporate social responsibility is for show and is definitely not intrinsic. Other airlines ensured you tested negative before allowing you to return to work; that seems to be more responsible.

6 people found this review helpful
    3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Amazing company

Apr 29, 2021 - Flight Attendant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Best values, amazing crewmembers and flexible schedules

Cons

Small company compared to other airlines

4. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

JetBlue is the definition of overworked, underpaid, and under appreciated

Apr 27, 2021 - Analyst in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flight benefits were pretty good, coworkers were nice and helpful

Cons

For a relatively young company, the office environment at HQ is so old school and toxic which is due to the way of thinking by senior leadership. Senior leadership team also micromanages to the extreme. Company culture is nearly nonexistent at HQ in Long Island City. During COVID-19 pandemic, JetBlue was the only company that I knew of that actively forced its employees back into the office in October-November 2020 (before there was a vaccine) while only giving employees a 2 weeks notice about return to office. Because senior leadership is very old school, they don't believe you can get any work done remotely; very much "butts in chairs" mentality. The majority of initiatives for career growth is all smoke and mirrors. JetBlue also tends to only promote people who hardly do any actual work (analysts and senior analysts are the backbone of the office). Many people left the company in 2020 due to opt outs and finding jobs elsewhere leaving the rest who stayed to pick up the extra work while also receiving questionable (unethical) pay cuts in 2020. Also, senior leadership team could not assure job security for employees at Support Centers during 2020/2021. All of these actions resulted in burned out, overworked, underpaid, and under appreciated employees who are leaving the company at a rapid rate. Finally, JetBlue pays severely less compared to other airlines (even though they claim they pay competitively).

4 people found this review helpful
    5. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 10 years

The flexibility is amazing

Apr 24, 2021 - Reservations Agent in Salt Lake City, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

The flexibility is amazing. They allow you to take your breaks when you want. You have the option to trade shift up to the minute before it starts. The values/culture is remarkable. The ceo is fantastic and makes even Frontline feel appreciated.

Cons

The biggest con is the pay. Other airlines offer way better pay. They also don't value agents who have been working for them for years. They fire senior agents so they can avoid paying them the higher pay.

6. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Overall manageable

Mar 29, 2021 - In Flight Crew Member in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible, lots of great coworkers

Cons

Rules are constantly changing and arbitrary. They also do not apply to everyone equally. Pay could be better, it's one of the lowest of major airlines.

7. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Jetblue review

Feb 24, 2021 - In Flight Crew Member in Jf Kennedy Ap, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

My schedule is so flexible, i love it

Cons

The starting pay is low compared to other airlines starting pay

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

5+ year Flight Attendant

Feb 5, 2021 - Flight Attendant in Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Diverse, Flexible, Easy to communicate with leadership, Amazing culture

Cons

Pay at other airlines is a bit more competitive.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great company best job!

Jan 20, 2021 - Airport Operations Crew Member in Pittsburgh, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Free travel Ok pay to start but if stay increases yearly.

Cons

Don’t fly as many direct places as the top 4 airlines but still enough to have plenty to do Shifts can be weird

10. 4.0
      Current Employee

Great if you love airlines

Jan 14, 2021 - Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

flight benefits, 401k, work-life balance

Cons

if you love airlines and planes there's no better job, if you don't this might not be for you

Viewing 1 - 10 of 57 Reviews