Jive Software Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

3.3
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Jive Software President Elisa Steele
Elisa Steele

Pros
  • Some great people and bright minds (in 23 reviews)

• I was inspired to write this review after reading a recent interview with the company's CMO about work-life balance (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • The company struggles with work-life balance (in 10 reviews)

• Incredibly high turnover due to management not listening to talented employees (in 7 reviews)

1. "Both the offices and the WFH possibilities are great"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Reading, England
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Reading, England

I have been working at Jive Software (More than 5 years)

Pros

* Great office spaces -- especially Reading and Portland
    * Remote office is accepted in most contexts, with solid video meeting solutions
    * Positive, helpful climate (for the most part)
    * Working with absolutely wonderful people
    * Work / life balance has improved in recent years

Cons

* Not always the best long-range directions were chosen
    * It's not always clear *what* the direction is -- Engineering and Product don't always agree, and neither much care what the clients want
    * Biiiiiig unknown with the acquisition by Aurea

Advice to Management

* Take responsibility for the missteps!
    * Stay the hell away from SMB!
    * Aurea overlords: don't through the baby out with the bath water!

"Best Company I have ever worked for!"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Reading, England
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Reading, England

I have been working at Jive Software full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

So many pros I can't add them all so here's a few of the best.

1.Great people who are smart, helpful and dedicated. If you have a question about anything you can usually get a helpful answer from someone somewhere within minutes; often from another country.
    2. Amazing product that is innovating at a rapid pace. Jive is already a long way ahead of it's competitors from a product perspective but there are also new innovations happening right now that are truly ground-breaking which makes this an exciting place to be right now.
    3. Very open culture of sharing, advising, mentoring and innovating - this includes senior management too. If you want to speak to anyone at any level of seniority you can, it is truly enlightening. No command-and-control ivory-tower senior management styles here.
    4. The way that we work - this includes all of the above points but there's more to it. We live what we preach to our customers and this means we have a company culture and a digital way of working that is second-to-none. If I had to go back to the way that other companies work I would truly feel back in the stone-age.
    5. We punch above our weight - for a company of 600+ employees we have some of the biggest companies in the world as enterprise customers, and these customers are achieving amazing things.

Cons

This is a fast-paced environment which on-occasion can lead to long hours and stress. This is also a complex enterprise-class solution which can be complicated and difficult to explain to customers and prospects who are new to the topic of what we do - it's a big topic. No company is perfect and Jive isn't perfect, but it's very much better than any other company I've worked for in my career. If you want an easy-life then go join one of the big software companies. If you want a fast-paced intellectual and personal challenge every day then this is a good place to work.

I also want to talk about some of the negative reviews here on Glassdoor. Unfortunately when some people leave a company they feel bitter and feel they need to leave bad reviews on Glassdoor. This has skewed the perception of Jive on Glassdoor as it doesn't take account of the views of the people who are current employees and want to work here (like me). It's a shame some ex-employees are so bitter because they are impacting their friends and ex-colleagues who like it here and still work here. Those are the people their bitterness is impacting, not any ex-managers that they are targeting with their negative comments. This is the reason I'm leaving this review. I'm one of many many people who like it here and I hope that this review helps to balance out the negativity of the very small number of ex-employees leaving the negative reviews. If you are thinking of working at Jive then my advice is to get the real picture by speaking to several employees who work here now both long-timers and newbies.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. This is a complex and challenging market that is moving at a ridiculous pace. Keep focused on the published priorities. Don't get distracted, and deliver on the plan because I believe in it.

3. "Support"

Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in London, England
    Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in London, England

I have been working at Jive Software (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly and collaborative. Plenty of fun if that's your thing.
    Strong ethical balance.
    Challenging.
    Opportunity to learn the world of collaborative software for business.
    Excellent tool for businesses.

Cons

Long days, little work life balance.
    You'll get fat on the free food.
    Not a lot of scope for career progression.

5. "Excellent culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reading, England

I have been working at Jive Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great group of co-workers, all focused on doing good work and having fun. The product is a lot of fun to work with, and the clients seem happy.

Cons

A bit of a commute to Reading, but the office is really nice

"Best Company Ever - YOU ARE LYING AND YOU KNOW IT"

Former Employee - Contracts Administrator in Reading, England
    Former Employee - Contracts Administrator in Reading, England

Pros

You still get paid at the end of each month.
    You still get free junk food.
    Car parking is good, because no one comes in to the office and staff turnover is huge.

Cons

Just about everything else you would look for in an employer is missing.
    But seriously, if you are ever thinking of joining this company, you have been warned here about the serious bullying culture. EMEA is run by two emotionally unstable 'men.'

Advice to Management

You are only there because 1, you haven't been fired yet, and 2, you are unemployable.

"Avoid working at this company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I worked at Jive Software full-time

Pros

Free food. That is about it, quite literally.

Cons

Serious bullying in EMEA. If you show any sign of weakness at all, you will be driven into the floor.

Also, the calibre of management staff is awful. One person is a director who would have bene fired anywhere else I have worked.

If you want to have a life outside work, then don't work for Jive. If, on the other hand, you enjoy working almost every weekend and regularly pulling all-nighters with no thanks or recompense, then Jive is the place for you.

If you want to work in a cult-like atmosphere, then join Jive. I have never see such brainwashing , nor have I seen so many people cowed into mindless submission.

They don't promote from within. If there is a middle or senior level vacancy, they will hire externally every time. You have no career prospects in Jive.

Advice to Management

I have no advice to give to management, because they don't listen to anyone.

"Swings and Roundabouts"

Former Employee - Sales Development Representative in Reading, England
    Former Employee - Sales Development Representative in Reading, England

I worked at Jive Software (Less than a year)

Pros

The majority of people give the place a good culture.

Cons

Strategy unclear.
    Some of the management in the UK are bullies.
    High turnover.

9. "Great vision and unique team to execute on it"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reading, England

I have been working at Jive Software full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The management is clear and transparent. The Executive team is visible and accessible. The communication is very transparent. Colleagues are friendly and supportive. There is a vision with a clear roadmap to follow and an amazing team to execute on it.

Cons

Some processes could be sleeker and more embedded but you could argue that too much processes kill agility.

Advice to Management

Keep the great work.

"Member of EMEA management team"

Former Employee - Manager in London, England
    Former Employee - Manager in London, England

I worked at Jive Software full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great products suite. Really cool UK office. Others in EMEA could be better but U.K. Is very nice. Some really good people who work hard. Celebrating the success in deals is always good.

Cons

A couple of bad people at de top of EMEA stack. Constant bullying and boring meeting monologue. This is a shame because it's not the effective way of management.

Advice to Management

Stop pushing. Start pulling. Especially in all of Europe. You may call this better leadership.

"Worst company I have ever worked for - simply avoid"

Former Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Reading, England
    Former Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Reading, England

Pros

Not really - maybe the snack but then again many companies offer these to employees anyway

Cons

Rubbish managers in EMEA support team. Worst I have seen in my life. All liars and lack experience - really shocked to see some have even made it to 'directors'.

Advice to Management

Get you act together and get some management training. You do realise the huge turnover when it comes to staff. That should give you a clue.