JoVE Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Found 95 reviews

3.4
JoVE CEO Moshe Pritsker
Moshe Pritsker
Pros
  • "Kind of place where you work 9-5 and leave, no home work or late night emails(in 9 reviews)

• "Great people, that are passionate about a really innovative product(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  1. "Friendly company to work for"

I have been working at JoVE full-time

Pros

Open door policy so its not intimidating to talk to management. Friendly team really welcoming. Good training when you arrive so not thrown in the deep end.

Cons

just because I have to write something, they could be more open with pay. But overall a really nice company to work for

JoVE2019-04-16

"Not a BAD job...but definitely not for everyone."

Former Employee - Account Manager in Cambridge, MA
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at JoVE full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Has weekly socials and a happy hour once a month - Close to the MBTA and they pay for a monthly pass - 9-5 with 1 hour lunch (literally everyone, including most of sales, leaves at 5 on the dot) - Free dental - Social/friendly sales team

Cons

There is literally nowhere good to get good food. The "cafe" in the building is so gross. There are food trucks sometimes but there's not much variety and it's expensive. There is a Bertucci's in walking distance but everything else you need to drive to unless you want to walk for 25 minutes. Yes the office is in Cambridge but it’s basically in Arlington. It's in an incredibly boring area so if you're used to working...

Advice to Management

I don't even know. I read a lot of reviews on here and I think things have changed since 2014/2015. I don’t think the CEO is a bully and I enjoyed my experiences with management. I would maybe change the quotas for New Business. Just because one of your employees can hit quota doesn’t mean it’s realistic.

JoVE2019-07-11

"Nice place to work. Smart people, positive vibe"

I have been working at JoVE full-time for more than a year

Pros

Like the headline says, smart people. Launching innovative new products, great benefits. Kind of place where you work 9-5 and leave, no home work or late night emails. People are laid back.

Cons

Some Managers are better than others. Work from home is starting to happen slowly in some departments, but it is not encouraged.

Advice to Management

Keep launching innovative new products. Develop a comprehensive work from home policy, or at least one on a department by department basis.

JoVE2019-06-04

"Needs to improve"

Current Employee - Sales in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at JoVE full-time for more than a year

Pros

Some nice people work here, casual dress code, lots of good food and drinks at weekly events.

Cons

micromanaging, bad senior management, unhappy employees. Uncertainty for your job. There is a reason there are so many bad reviews. Working at jove is like working inside a coffin because everyone there is so uptight and quiet and miserable (there are exceptions to this though). The sales department, at least, is probably about as depressing to work in as it would be to sit inside a funeral home all day. The senior managment...

Advice to Management

Treat people with respect! Realize that there are more than one way to do things. Sales managment especially (and you know who you are... i'm talking about one person in specific... and i'm so glad someone else mentioned this in another post because EVERYONE knows who this is about) STOP pacing in front of your employees and trying to intimidate them. No one is intimidated by you, you just come off as creepy.

JoVE2019-02-12

"Account manager"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Cambridge, MA

I worked at JoVE full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great culture and people. Amazing product and office. I truly enjoyed my time there.

Cons

not a lot of development on the sales team.

Advice to Management

try to use what you know to help and develop the employees rather than just pointing fingers and yell at them.

JoVE2019-01-07
  6. "Science Writer"

I have been working at JoVE full-time for less than a year

Pros

You get to work with highly educated people. They know about research and science!

Cons

You don't have your own work to present is kind of a downside if you miss going to conferences, or giving presentations.

JoVE2018-11-29

"Do not work here"

I have been working at JoVE full-time

Pros

Good healthcare. That is pretty much it.

Cons

Micromanaging. People seem unhappy here. The majority of negative reviews here speak for themselves. I mean, reading through most of these reviews, you will see that the positive reviews seem to be pretty cleary fake, possibly produced by HR. The negative reviews seem to touch on the same complaints. If you are considering working here, I advise you not to do so.

Advice to Management

Stop micromanaging, care more for your all of your employees and respect them more.

JoVE2018-12-27
    • "It’s great"

Former Employee - Contractor in Cambridge, MA

I worked at JoVE full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Great people & culture - Free coffee - Visible CEO - Great people - Standing desks

Cons

None — loved everything!!! No cons

Advice to Management

Keep doing the good work!

JoVE2018-10-24

"90 Days In"

I have been working at JoVE full-time for less than a year

Pros

Growing company with a lot of potential and new ideas are thought of and discussed instead of being shot down. The open door policy in the office is great, so if you have ideas or thoughts, your voice can be heard. Very results oriented sales department, where dollars are the bottom line. That can certainly be off putting for some, but I appreciate the honesty about it - you're brought in to do a job and you're expected...

Cons

The downside of the open-door policy is that it can feel like you're constantly being watched and hovered over, which can be uncomfortable. There is a high turnover of staff too, which means that responsibilities can shift on the fly. In my couple months here I've seen about 5 people leave staff. Communication between departments and even teams can be tough, which means you can run into issues after the fact. Also while...

JoVE2018-10-17
    • "Account Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

I worked at JoVE full-time for less than a year

Pros

Simple sales process. They’ll give you a lot of responsibility and the opportunity to close business early on. The team consists of quiet but good people who will share what they know with you if you ask them.

Cons

Management changes make it sometimes difficult to know what’s expected of you.

Advice to Management

Focus on individual strategy a bit more. Have people define their style and try to work with them. There isn’t one way to close a deal but there can still be helpful instruction that isn’t intrusive.

JoVE2018-08-13