Jobsite Reviews

Updated 23 Aug 2019

4.4
Jobsite CEO Nick Gold (no image)
Nick Gold
  1. "A career building company"

in Havant, England

I have been working at Jobsite

Pros

Within the time I have been at Jobsite, they have helped me change careers and fully re-train into my current role, helping me secure the relevant qualifications. Jobsite's culture is truly special and what they say they will do for you as an employee, they will. With amazing employee benefits, training and career building opportunities, AMAZING reward and recognition, Jobsite really is a fantastic place to work. Friendly and welcoming colleagues with a brilliant team spirit.

Cons

I don't really think I can think of any cons for working for Jobsite. That's rare - I could think of plenty for my previous employer!

January 10, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. It is absolutely fantastic to hear about all of your positive experiences to date, we aim to ensure this continues for the near and distant future. Thanks again

2. "A great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Havant, England

I have been working at Jobsite full-time for more than a year

Pros

As a new starter I instantly felt welcome and part of the team. It was a relief to join an organisation with a forward thinking, collaborative and data-driven culture where everyone in the business is invested in making Jobsite successful and a great place to work. It's the first Corporate environment I've worked in where you feel genuinely listened to and cared for, but most importantly treated like an adult. Senior management are approachable, supportive and transparent and trust their teams to do the job. There are clearly defined KPI's and direction, but the freedom to experiment and innovate. If you've got a good idea that will benefit the team or business, you get so many opportunities to develop it further, with 20% time, quarterly hackathons and innovation awards as standard but also through collaborating with passionate and knowledgeable teams in your day to day work. Being part of the StepStone Group there’s also plenty of opportunity to get involved in initiatives across the wider, global business. There’s also lots of perks, including good benefits, flexible working, team days out, generous bonuses and incentive schemes and a great work / life balance.

Cons

Not many visitors from the London offices - Havant is not that far away!

January 10, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to submit your detailed review. It is absolutely fantastic to hear about all of your positive experiences to date, we aim to ensure this continues for the near and distant future. Thanks again

3. "Brilliant place to work!"

Current Employee - Designer in Havant, England

I have been working at Jobsite full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Most of the staff at Jobsite have been there a long time and that is testament to the way they are looked after, not only professionally but also personally. Everyone feels valued and that they are making a contribution to the business and are rewarded for that contribution. It is a corporate company but with a real family, open door vibe. New starters are treated like one of the family from day one!

Cons

I personally don't have any cons for working at Jobsite. I've always been listened to, valued and rewarded.

4. "Haven't looked back"

I have been working at Jobsite full-time for less than a year

Pros

I love working at Jobsite. It's so great to be part of team where everyone's opinions are valued and called upon. It's the most genuine work environment I've ever experienced. Everyone is here to do a good job and wants to do the very best that they can. Jobsite nurtures that and recognises individual strengths. It's such a welcoming environment and everyone is so friendly and willing to help. I'm so happy I moved to Jobsite. I'd recommend it to anyone. Teams are communicated with regularly (monthly updates from the CEO). The culture is great, you can approach anyone and the CTO/CEO want to hear from their employees about how the culture can be made even better. I really enjoy the autonomy. If you have an idea, you have the freedom to explore it, get people involved and get it implemented. Everyone really supports each other.

Cons

Genuinely can't think of anything other than a lack of tea options. And if that's all there's to complain about...

October 6, 2016Senior Talent Acquisition Business Partner

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. We are so pleased with all the reviews we have recently received and on the whole are delighted to hear of so many positive experience(s).

5. "A fantastic environment that moves quickly"

in London, England

I have been working at Jobsite

Pros

You are respected and appreciated for what you do You feel part of a team working towards goals Nothing is over-engineered which can happen in companies; if you have a great idea, this can be presented and acted upon at speed without over thinking things Fast paced but realistic environment Supportive team around you Great benefits Regularly updated on company strategy New starters made to feel welcome

Cons

There arent many downsides at all really; we all get frustrated in any job we have at times but the environment is great and hard to say anything negative about it

October 6, 2016Senior Talent Acquisition Business Partner

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. We are delighted to hear you are enjoying your role with us so far.

6. "A positive environment in a dynamic workplace"

I have been working at Jobsite full-time for less than a year

Pros

The company promotes a friendly, 'work hard and play nicely' attitude. I've seen this before but here at Jobsite it's not just lip service. They like to promote from within rather than hire, and if you decide to switch career they are more than happy to give you the opportunity to move to other departments. The perks: Great benefits, including a decent pension, quality life insurance and well organised office parties. Oh and you get a 'company day' (Jobsite speak for 'free day off'), at Christmas and on your birthday. The office: modern, open-plan with plenty of meeting rooms and fall-out spaces if you need to get away from your desk to think. The equipment is well maintained and not too old. Tables, desks and carpets are all in really good order The site: loads of on-site parking. The canteen has a wide variety of choice, it's rumoured that the costs is subsidised, but don't expect a free meal; a main meal with a side and a drink will cost you about £7. The on-site shop sells food, confectionery, magazines and some toiletries. If you ride a pedal bike you'll be glad to hear there is secure bike storage! and of course a locker room and shower facilities to clean yourself up. If you don't take a locked you can use the drying room to store your kit 'til you need it next. The people: It would be easy to just walk to the desk and not speak to anyone every day (except the people you sit beside of course). It would also not seem unusual to those around you if you just walked past and never said hello. While the company promotes a friendly environment it is up to the individuals in the end to actually make that happen, so you'll need to be comfortable at making new friends and throwing yourself in at the deep-end if you want to mix with the wider group of people. That said, I actually find it hard to walk past people without saying hello, but if I did speak to everyone it would take me 30 minutes to cross the office for a tea. Social: There are groups for running, cycling, football, table tennis. Probably more. There are enough people here that you'll be hard pushed to not find a kindred spirit. Nearby: Tesco, M&S Food, Halfords, Next, Loads of garages, Havant main shopping area is about 5 minutes away too. There are also a few pubs within walking distance, for a Friday team lunch if you’re in the mood.

Cons

There really aren't any that leap to mind. At a push I might say, views to the outside world are hard to find and Southern service the local rail line so the it's not reliable.

October 6, 2016Senior Talent Acquisition Business Partner

Thank you for taking the time to submit your really detailed review. It is absolutely fantastic to hear about all of your positive experiences to date, we aim to ensure this continues for the near and distant future. Thanks again

7. "Continually moving forward"

I have been working at Jobsite full-time for less than a year

Pros

There is a strong commitment for moving forward with the world of web services and being a strong technology brand. You could not want more from the parent company StepStone and Axel Springer. They are investing hard to create the culture required for a strong tech brand. This is a really refreshing forward thinking environment with the added work life balance of not being in London and having lots of excellent facilities on the door step while still only being an hour away from the heart of the capital.

Cons

The business is 20 years old and there is still a lot of hard work required to move the legacy forward. On the other hand though there is a strong existing business to build on.

October 6, 2016Senior Talent Acquisition Business Partner

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. We are delighted to hear about your positive experience(s) so far. Now that we are part of StepStone & Axel Springer, we will continue to invest in technology to help us continuously improve the business.

8. "A great place to work"

5.0

I have been working at Jobsite full-time

Pros

- Great working environment - Nice people - Competitive salary and very good benefits - Nice offices - Excellent personal & career development opportunities

Cons

A more structured induction plan for new starters could be beneficial (i.e. to the specific department, not the company as a whole).

October 6, 2016Senior Talent Acquisition Business Partner

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. We are delighted you are enjoying your experience with Jobsite. Thank you for your feedback re; induction, we are always looking to improve how we do things, so this will be taken on board.

9. "5 starts development team"

Senior Node Js Developer in Cosham, England

I have been working at Jobsite

Pros

Proper Agile environment, striving to get best quality product out, not just TTD(through the doors) mentality. Ambitious and friendly team, best environment for devs I worked in so far, if you are looking for career progression, face challenges with "can do" attitude - definitely place that you want to apply for a role.

Cons

They could be based closer to London ;)

October 6, 2016Senior Talent Acquisition Business Partner

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. We are pleased that you are enjoying your position with us and from the sounds of things, our technical stack, techniques & approaches. Whilst of course London has lots of fabulous benefits itself, you can't beat being by the sea :)

10. "All as promised so far"

I have been working at Jobsite full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fantastic to work somewhere people care about the role they're doing. Definitely a company where you're rewarded for hard work and there's lots of encouragement to innovate in any way you can. Some nice touches in the benefits package make you feel really valued.

Cons

Lots of big thinking and big personalities (people always putting themselves forwards for projects or with new ideas) may cause someone less assertive to feel overshadowed, but not something I've experienced.

October 6, 2016Senior Talent Acquisition Business Partner

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. We are really pleased that you are enjoying your role and feel recognised for the contribution you make. As you mention, we absolutely welcome opinion, creativity and new ideas so keep them coming.

Found 39 reviews