Joyce Guiness Reviews

3.1
Joyce Guiness Managing Director Pip Cox
Pip Cox
0 Rating
  1. "A Great Team To Be A Part Of"

5.0

I have been working at Joyce Guiness full-time

Pros

We are a small team and as such we really get to know our candidates and clients. We take the time to get to know everyone's needs and build up relationships.

Cons

As we are a small boutique agency we can't always get back to everyone when they send their CVs in.

"Worse agency experience ever!"

1.0
    Former Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer

I worked at Joyce Guiness

Pros

Worked as a temp at one great agency.

Cons

Out of all the agencies I have applied for work with, this was the worse experience I have encountered. Unless you are white, middle-class and private school educated, you will not fit in. It would not surprise me if they are subtly anti-ethnic minorities. The recruitment consultant was rude, condescending and patronising. Instead of giving constructive criticism, she was just plain disrespectful. and ill-mannered about my CV. I am university educated with good GCSEs and A-levels. I have worked as a receptionist, personal assistant and teacher in secondary schools and then a journalist. How dare they to speak nasty words about my CV? I wanted advice, which I am happy to accept, instead of feeling humiliated.. When performing the spelling and proof reading task, she had a go at me for taking too long. I was never informed of any time limit. Considering I am a qualified secondary school English teacher and journalist. I take my time in order, to ensure I make the right corrections. Instead, I was treated like like an dim-witted imbecile. Your staff need more training to learn emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills, which they clearly lack. I found the agency to be a bunch of snobs. You need a plumy queen's English accent and a preparatory school education to be accepted on their books. Instead of taking their time to find out your potential and help you find work, they are more interested in the financial gain from sending you to job interviews. They even had a go at me, for arriving 45 minutes early for a job interview. It was a bad experience.overall. Good luck signing up with Joyce Guinness!

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 2 reviews