Judopay Reviews

Updated Mar 15, 2022

Found 38 of over 40 reviews

4.1
Judopay CEO Jeremy Nicholds (no image)
Jeremy Nicholds

The latest conversations about Finance

Join the conversation on

Finance

85.5K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/finance/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.uk&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Judopay~995148
Join the conversation on
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Lovely place, not a rocket ship

Mar 15, 2022 - Head Of Customer Success in Old Street, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Culture work life balance Great to get into fintech,

Cons

Not a rocket ship- great little company

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to work, with great people and big ambitions

Apr 22, 2021 - Partnerships Manager in London, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

The team are all highly motivated individuals, who have a fantastic attitude to work and working as part of the Judopay team. The role is fast paced and exciting, with new projects and partnerships coming in frequently. So far, great place to work and would highly recommend to anyone looking for an adventurous, challenging role in an evolving start up business with high ambitions.

Cons

Nothing negative to comment on

3. 5.0

Huge support through lockdown

Mar 28, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in London, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Judopay has provided so much support during COVID-19 and lockdown. We have moved to a remote-first policy which has really improved my work/life balance. There has been a lot of trust given from the leadership teams to allow employees to do their tasks in the way they see fit. It's become an incredibly flexible company which allows me time to also enjoy my day. Despite being remote first, the leadership team and employees have worked hard to keep the culture as before, and I find my connections with people have not suffered as a result of lockdown.

Cons

It can be extremely busy at times and due to the number of employees, I find I have to take on multiple roles in order to complete projects

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

An incredible place to work

Jan 15, 2021 - Commercial
    Business Outlook

Pros

Honestly an incredible place to work : - Lots of autonomy in your role - Team are lovely - which has been a blessing during the past year! - Taking initiative is encouraged - if you have an idea, do it - Loss of cross-team collaboration, so you're we're working in silos - Opportunity for growth and development - Team socials (virtually for now!) - A transparent and open senior leadership team - Uncapped holidays

Cons

The work can be full on at times but it's always rewarding

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

The best company I've ever worked for!

Oct 28, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent leadership team who are both knowledgeable and caring. Executionally they are strong too, with a clear vision and the day to day managed by OKRs. The culture is second to none; a true team spirit who push each other to be the best they can be whilst also supporting each other.

Cons

As with any startup, it always feels like we could do with more funding and more team members!!

6. 5.0

My first month @ Judo

Feb 3, 2020 - Operations Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've just completed my first month in the Judo Operations team; to say it has been a pleasure is an understatement. For the first time, I've seen the commercial goals of a company overtly tied to the happiness of its employees and the aim to fulfil a wider purpose in our work at Judo.

Cons

N/A: Rather than 'cons', I feel that Judo is best aligned to the use of 'development points'. This is because I feel like Judo actively acknowledges that nothing is perfect. Essentially, everything we do is a dynamic work in progress, to always be bettered and built upon.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Culture is true to the adverts!

Feb 3, 2020 - Head Of Operations in London, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

--> Positive and supportive environment --> Empowered to make big and small changes at all levels --> Best in class onboarding process for the employees

Cons

--> Can feel like spinning plates at times, but you are empowered to stop this --> Classic Scale up issues of under resourced functions, but this is the same everywhere and now being addressed :)

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Exciting time to be at Judopay

Jan 27, 2020 - Full Time in London, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

I thoroughly enjoy my time at Judopay and regularly look forward to going into the office everyday. My team and colleagues are very supportive of each other and I have found this very motivating and encouraging. The perks and benefits here are insanely good (not to mention rare to find). I particularly love the food we get, the flexible working, private healthcare and regular massages. We are trusted to work how we need to get the job done, and I have been supported various times when I need help/assistance with projects. Judopay encourage studying and learning, so we get a chance to book ourselves onto courses to improve our knowledge in our job roles. Most importantly for me, I have fun whilst working which I think is important.

Cons

Everyone is very busy so sometimes things can take a little while to get sorted. But all issues I have raised have been fixed in the end.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Friendly, Supportive, & Fun Office!

Aug 30, 2019 - Customer Support Specialist in London, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Working for a scale up is fun and dynamic, meaning everyday is different - The office has a laid back atmosphere (and has a couple of our employee's dogs come in from time to time!) - Excellent benefits - progressive mental health policy, working from home/flexible working, perkbox, health insurance, competitive remuneration, AND you get to work at home on your birthday - Genuinely feels like a family with a strong culture of transparency - Still a small enough company so that individual efforts get recognised and celebrated within the team. Also the smaller size of the company means that if you recognise a process/issue that isn't working or could be improved, Judo will be able to adapt and make changes quickly - The Judo office is in a shared office building, which is called Rise, that has regular events including yoga, film screenings, and weekly socials - Excellent work-life balance

Cons

- Sometimes the office gets quite quiet on Fridays as many people work from home

13 people found this review helpful
  10. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Smart people with positive ‘can do’ attitude doing cool things in the mobile space to change the way we pay.

Oct 15, 2018 - Chief Executive Officer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great collaboration amongst colleagues fuelled by a positive and energising culture and absolute customer focus. No politics. Feels like a company on the move - and with a bright future.

Cons

Smallish team but a ‘tight’ unit with people wearing multiple hats.

4 people found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 38 Reviews

Judopay Reviews FAQs

Judopay has an overall rating of 4.1 out of 5, based on over 40 reviews left anonymously by employees. 81% of employees would recommend working at Judopay to a friend and 77% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -6% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Judopay employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.0 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Judopay. This rating has decreased by -8% over the last 12 months.

81% of Judopay employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Judopay 3.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.3 for culture and values and 4.0 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Judopay to be senior leadership, benefits, career development and the cons to be management, diversity and inclusion.

Popular Careers with Judopay Job Seekers