Juno Therapeutics Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 8 December 2018

4.0
Hans Bishop

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "The research they are doing to cure cancer is all anyone should need to see to want to work here" (in 7 reviews)

• "Juno has great energy and great people" (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "As you would expect the fast growth coupled with pioneering work has led to some growing pains" (in 5 reviews)

• "New leadership from other big bio has slowly taken the heart and soul out of the company" (in 2 reviews)

"Learned so much and great experience, but not for me long term"

Current Employee - Manufacturing Associate in Bothell, WA (US)
    Current Employee - Manufacturing Associate in Bothell, WA (US)

I have been working at Juno Therapeutics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people I work with on my shift are amazing! I could say a million great things about each person on my shift. They are what energize me at work. There are a lot of skills that I have learned over the past year, not only in technical writing, but also about the pharmaceutical industry. I've always been interested in pharm. r&d, and this was a great way to learn more about the processes in development, different departments, and see all of it build up to where we are currently. Senior management is working hard on making some changes to keep the positivity through all these changes occurring not only for FDA preparation but also from the acquisition by Celgene. I could say a lot of great things about Senior Management here. The pay here is higher than almost anywhere else in manufacturing. There are a lot of enthusiastic people at work, if not all, who put a lot of effort in keeping things going and improving at work.

Cons

I risked taking this job over a senior research associate position in San Fran. because of costs of living, pay, and to get some new experience after graduating. If I had known it would be night shift from the start, I would have not gone with this position. I always feel like a drag to the people on my shift, possibly due to being tired all the time. I also don't get to spend much time, if any, with my girlfriend. There is a division between headquarters in Seattle and JuMP in many ways. Aside from that, I had a few issues with HR pay, that if I hadn't noticed or emailed them about, they wouldn't have fixed. It's definitely competitive here, like someone else said. It's a con due to limited projects or others already working on it, and/or lack of collaboration sometimes. Seems like promotions or career advancement within the company is different than before.

Advice to Management

This is for supervisors from all departments: improve communication of ideas, etc between different departments, make sure what is sent out in email or told during meetings is official/accurate. Set up a better system for projects, where manufacturing associates can suggest ideas and get approved and/or have supervisors provide projects over time from small, easy for inexperienced, to larger projects for those who have been here for a while. This would result in a better assessment of performance from the supervisors, managers, etc.

2. "Exciting new opportunity."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bothell, WA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bothell, WA (US)

I have been working at Juno Therapeutics full-time

Pros

From the day I walked in the front door, I was welcomed. I was very impressed by the dedication of everyone from security to my interviewers. The interview process was timely with great communication from the team.

Cons

I was impressed. No cons.

"The ultimate catfish"

Current Employee - Manufacturing
    Current Employee - Manufacturing

I have been working at Juno Therapeutics full-time

Pros

At first the pay and culture was unbeatable. Employees were lured in with generous differentials, promising promotion/growth opportunities, unlimited overtime, generous paid time off, amazing benefits and flexible shift hours accompanied by a peppy, young, and energetic manufacturing team.

Cons

After being bought out, first order of business was to take away shift flexibility and hourly differentials. Workers currently work more hours for less hourly pay. The vampiric touch on moral didn't stop their, benefits were changed, overtime was denied past a certain number of hours, promotion/growth opportunities severely limited and a team with moral spiraling downward.

Advice to Management

People used to look forward to coming to work. Working more for less pay with a less promising career adds for a dismal outlook on continuing a career at Juno. Advice from myself and my colleagues, please invest in your employees and we will be more than happy to invest our lives in Juno.

"Startup to big bio = strain"

Current Employee - Associate in Bothell, WA (US)
    Current Employee - Associate in Bothell, WA (US)

I have been working at Juno Therapeutics full-time

Pros

Every day we come to work to get one step closer to a cure. You can’t beat that.

Cons

New leadership from other big bio has slowly taken the heart and soul out of the company. Where work used to be fun and envigorating, it’s now your standard corporate mess with too much red tape.

Advice to Management

Be real. Stop telling those of us who have been here from the beginning that ‘we’ are the culture. You’re the ones changing it and, in the process, changing us.

5. "Associate Director"

Former Employee - Associate Director in Seattle, WA (US)
    Former Employee - Associate Director in Seattle, WA (US)

I worked at Juno Therapeutics (More than a year)

Pros

Talented and innovate staff. World-class

Cons

Growing pains as they transition from start-up to Commercial-ready.

Advice to Management

Keep the start-up culture as long as you can

6. "Manufacturing Associate"

I have been working at Juno Therapeutics full-time

Pros

Good objective and great culture

Cons

Fast pace, company tries to simulate regular biotech, but this is cellular therapy not stainless steel

7. "Truly puts employees and patients first"

Current Employee - QC Associate in Bothell, WA (US)
    Current Employee - QC Associate in Bothell, WA (US)

I have been working at Juno Therapeutics full-time

Pros

Whole environment is catered to employee happiness, provides snacks, drinks, ample workspace, great organization with online tools, gives you everything you need to be the best you can be

Cons

Outgrowing the facility so more work spaces and parking is needed

Advice to Management

Provide more details and guidance to new employees

"Great experience"

I worked at Juno Therapeutics full-time

Pros

Fast pace and exciting science with great people

Cons

cutting edge technology need resilency

9. "Technical Operations"

Current Employee - Technical Operations in Seattle, WA (US)
    Current Employee - Technical Operations in Seattle, WA (US)

I have been working at Juno Therapeutics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Highly Innovative company working on latest technology in Cell therapy

Cons

Highly dynamic industry may not be suitable for everyone

10. "Change and Growth"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

I have been working at Juno Therapeutics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You'll never be bored. Role up your sleeves mentality that allows you to wear many hats, great people a positive culture centered around patients.

Cons

acquisition pains, work life balance is sometimes unpredictable

Advice to Management

keep communicating around the changes occuring due to the acquisition.