Kerry Foods Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

3.7
Kerry Foods CEO Duncan Everett
Duncan Everett

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "With 22 years' service I can honestly say that I've never been bored working for Kerry Foods" (in 9 reviews)

• "Good employee benefits and healthy work life balance" (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • "Low wages for what was done, worked very long hours and not compensated for them in either time back or a payment" (in 3 reviews)

• "Work/life balance isn't always great" (in 2 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great company to work for"

I have been working at Kerry Foods full-time

Pros

Bespoke training
    Strong values lived and breathed throughout the business

Cons

No negative feedback - great place to work

9 Oct 2018 – Resourcing Lead

Hi. Many thanks for taking the time to leave us a review and for your positive words. It's great to hear that you believe that the values are being lived throughout the business and that you enjoy... More

2. "Great company"

Current Employee - Finance Analyst in Egham, England
    Current Employee - Finance Analyst in Egham, England

I have been working at Kerry Foods full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Firstly, the company encourages End-to-end experience, which is learned via rotational placements. This is encouraged by the generous and supportive relocation agreements in place to help during said mobility. I also have to mention that a combination of experienced line managers and very thorough job learning, seem to lead to a breeding ground for success, which Is a key reason why the company had managed to perform so successfully in the current market.

Cons

Some of the sites are difficult to get to.

Advice to Management

The success stories of senior management whom have risen through the ranks of the company has been inspirational.
    Keep it up!

3. "Been Working At Kerry for 10 Months!"

Current Employee - Sales Director
    Current Employee - Sales Director

I have been working at Kerry Foods (Less than a year)

Pros

Real People
    Challenging Business Situations with Strong Support and Sense of Urgency to fix/turnaround
    Strong Sense of Team
    "Can Do" Approach to Everything
    Quality of people

Cons

Lots of Stakeholders to keep happy so a bit of repetition
    Some departments find changing at pace difficult

Advice to Management

Give more trust and empowerment

9 Oct 2018 – Resourcing Lead

Hi there, thanks so much for taking the time to leave us a review and for your honest feedback, we really do value all of your thoughts. Thank you for all of your hard work so far and wishing you a... More

4. "import specialist"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Egham, England
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Egham, England

I worked at Kerry Foods full-time (More than a year)

Pros

set schedule for weekly and bi-weekly.

Cons

Very unclean work environment. Machines breakdown every night.

27 Sep 2018 – Resourcing Lead

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review, we really value your feedback and wish you the best in your future career.

5. "Kerry Foods - Attleboroug"

Current Employee - Production Operator in Attleborough, East of England, England

I have been working at Kerry Foods full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fellow employees were nice people

Cons

Very very Cold, long hours,

9 Oct 2018 – Resourcing Lead

Hi there. Many thanks for leaving us a review and so sorry to hear that you would only give us one star. Your health and well-being at work is really important to us; please speak to your on-site... More

6. "Make things happen ! Great People and Great Brands"

Current Employee - National Account Manager in Egham, England
    Current Employee - National Account Manager in Egham, England

I have been working at Kerry Foods full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have worked at Kerry now for 3 years and I find the people are their biggest asset. With the global reach and family feel, rewards are endless. Entrepreneurial attitude, supportive , ability to be empowered to make decisions, open door policy to senior management. I have learnt so much right from Procurement, supply chain, demand planning processes to Sales Academy as a NAM. Brands are evolving where excitement is rife! Want to make things happen, this is the place to be. #Ownership ,# Better together are key values that come out strong for me.

Cons

Non Really - Only thing that springs to mind is that we cover a lot of categories across chilled with different strategies that one has to get to grips with and learn. The great thing is this adds to the excitement of it all.

Advice to Management

Continue the transparency in the work place, evolving the culture and maintaining the family feel. Continuous engagement to your employees is great.

17 Aug 2018 – Resourcing Lead

Hi there, thank you for your very positive words and for taking the time out to write us a review. It's great to see employees really living our values! Wishing you a successful second half of the... More

7. "Don’t accept that offer!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Attleborough, East of England, England
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Attleborough, East of England, England

I worked at Kerry Foods full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Kerry foods are a large company that many other employers seem impressed you work for.

Cons

Don’t trust the senior managers. They were all bullies and would stab you in the back all the time. Brought in to improve things and no one liked change or being held accountable. Never been sworn at or called some disgusting things so much in a work place than I did here.

Advice to Management

You should lead by example, not swear and shout at people for how they act when you are the worst of them all.

9 Oct 2018 – Resourcing Lead

Hi there. Many thanks for your feedback and sorry to hear that you had such a negative experience during your time with us. We will be sure to share this feedback with the management team at our... More

8. "more of a 3.5 stars, good place, could be great"

Current Employee - Dispatch Operator in Ossett, England
    Current Employee - Dispatch Operator in Ossett, England

I have been working at Kerry Foods full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some great staff, lovely people, absolutely some great memories have been made working with the people in the despatch area.
    Transferrable skills can easily be learned in the warehouse, making it a great place for a logistics professional to begin their career.
    Reasonable/competetive rate of pay.
    Able to work on personal projects in free time.
    Positive attitude towards personal development and skills learning from some team leaders
    Rigorous attitude towards food safety.
    Excellent products.
    HR is Lovely, a rarity beyond rarities!
    Hockey table!
    Cheap vending machines in canteen.
    Active workplace with many novel situations developing, demanding critical thinking and professionalism to resolve, enabling a growth mindset to flourish.
    Could be great, just needs a kick in the right direction.
    Free butter!

Cons

There is a very clear divide between staff on an operational and administrative level, a rift that will likely get worse as the warehouse staff routinely and very vocally exclaim their unhappiness with how "management" are handling things, from token claims of "values" which means nothing in practice, or shoddy patch jobs on machinery that requires much better maintenance instead of fabricated sheets of metal. That's without talking about the dangerous amount of potholes, build up of dust and iron filings and other such issues that required remedying months, if not years ago that have just been ignored.
    The feeling of favouritism and cliques developing around certain administrative staff haven't been helped by the constantly unfolding drama in the workplace that is definitely not conducive to a healthy work environment, not least of which because it leaves several highly talented and already well-trained operators and team leaders feeling particularly mistreated.

Advice to Management

Foster positive development of your staff, great people work here, for some it is more than a job, let them learn, let them grow, do not try and punish success or fastidiousness, encourage growth, take on the new ideas that seem a bit risky.

Treat your operating staff with a bit more respect, certainly there are a lot of us, and I am familiar with Dunbar's number, meaning you can only ever see a certain amount of humans as complex individuals, but please give the staff a bit more credit than treating them like wage slaves in a dead-end job, because that is how they will feel, and that helps no one.

Invest in your engineering and IT teams, engineering is overtaxed with problems they are not well equipped to fix, IT has problems they don't know they have, the effort should not be to keep the place just "running" they should be able to get out ahead of these problems to prevent them in the future, reactionary engineering is for first year startups and government employees, we are a major company, we can do better than this.

9. "Great Company to work for"

Current Employee - R&D
    Current Employee - R&D

I have been working at Kerry Foods full-time (More than a year)

Pros

One of the best companies I have had the pleasure of working for. It is so rare to work at a place where there are no bad eggs.

Cons

To be honest I would be nit picking if were to add anything here. No negatives of real substance.

17 Aug 2018 – Resourcing Lead

Hi there, many thanks for your positive words and for giving us 5 stars! Great to hear that you enjoy working for Kerry Foods; wishing you a long and prosperous future with us!

10. "Not the best but there's worse places to work"

Current Employee - Engineer
    Current Employee - Engineer

I have been working at Kerry Foods full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Shifts suit my lifestyle, always something going on. People are generally friendly.

Cons

Boring, same problems every day. No training given, expected to learn from others who have not had any proper training either. No chance of progression, dead mans shoes. Us and them Culture workers v's management.

Advice to Management

Management refuse to train people and when they do they train the wrong people who then leave.