Kerry Foods Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Kerry Foods CEO Duncan Everett
Duncan Everett

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Initial Impressions"

Current Employee - National Field Sales Manager in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England

I have been working at Kerry Foods full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Was very impressed with the recruitment process where I was kept updated & informed throughout with good feedback & attention to detail. This created a positive impression of the company which for anyone seeking a role is important as on so many occasions recruitment consultants & sometimes HR departments can leave you feeling frustrated & disillusioned.
    When starting the role I have been inspired by my colleagues positive attitude & their willingness to help me learn & integrate in to the business.

Cons

Have yet to experience them

"You'll either love it or hate it"

I have been working at Kerry Foods full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I absolutely love my job, and here are a few reasons why. The values at Kerry Foods are extremely embedded and are truly lived and breathed everyday, which is so refreshing to see. I get to take ownership everyday and have real responsibility/autonomy in my day to day role and in projects.
    Being a part of FMCG the Company moves at pace and no 2 days are the same, this is like marmite you either love it or you hate it, luckily I love it. But for me the biggest pro is the people - the people at Kerry Foods are truly what makes this a great place to work regardless of which site you are based at. If your experience is anything like mine you'll not only gain a new role but a new extended family.

Cons

Lack of flexible working and work life balance. If you are looking for a 9-5.30 job then Kerry Foods isn't for you.
    Lack of support and appreciation from line managers (I can only speak for my function).

Advice to Management

Invest in HR People Management development and get the HR department to truly be the role models of all the great work you support/train all other People Managers to be within the Company. The HR department currently don't practice what they preach.

3. "Fantastic company to work for"

I have been working at Kerry Foods full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The vision and values is embraced at all levels. Combined with this is the enthusiasm and desire for anyone who’s works at Kerry Foods to be innovative, inspiring, collaborative and engaging. In addition to this development is always at the core

Cons

Fast paced and changing environment, but this is led by experienced leaders who are extremely supportive amidst change and extend their knowledge to others

20 Apr 2018 – Resourcing Lead

Hi there, thank you so much for your positive review and it's great to see that you are feeling so positive about your role with us. Many thanks for all your hard work and wishing you a fantastic... More

4. "A humiliating and negative experience"

Former Employee - Sales in Exeter, England
    Former Employee - Sales in Exeter, England

I worked at Kerry Foods full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good internal sales training and company values.

Cons

Real risk of further redundancies at Xmas as brands still are not performing and low morale. Be wary of positive reviews on here as may not be genuine.

Advice to Management

Recognise experience over potential more and stop recruiting corporate robots.

5. "Amazing people and great development opportunities in a fast paced entrepreneurial environment"

I have been working at Kerry Foods full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The best thing about Kerry Foods is the people and the culture - whatever site, whatever role I have been in I have had the pleasure of working with some amazing people who genuinely care about each other. There is also a real passion to help people develop and provide great development opportunities. There are lots of examples of people who have moved roles within and outside of their function to grow and develop. Finally the business is very entrepreneurial and people are given autonomy to make a difference - if you have a good idea, with clear rationale you will be encouraged to go and make it happen.

Cons

Due to the changing FMCG landscape and the dynamic environment, the business is very fast paced. This is not for everyone and can be a challenge but is also exciting and makes every day different.

Advice to Management

Continue to be visible and encourage the two way feedback - people like the fact there is no hierarchy and that the door is always open.

5 Apr 2018

Hi there, many thanks for your review and also for your long service with us. We really appreciate your feedback and we love the way that you have summarised our unique culture. We agree that FMCG... More

6. "Growth mindset, entrepreneurial and genuine focus on people"

Current Employee - Commercial Director in Egham, England
    Current Employee - Commercial Director in Egham, England

I have been working at Kerry Foods full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Leadership authenticity - egos and personal agendas do not succeed
    Passion for the business - people go the extra mile
    Entrepreneurial mindset - the business is happy to let you take the initiative and if mistakes are made, just make sure you learn from them.
    Lack of all-consuming business process that sucks in non value-added time
    Food and chef led. We don't compromise quality or take short cuts to achieve a price

Cons

Entrepreneurialism can result in multiple projects although the business is now really focussed on fewer bigger priorities.
    Operating both brand and Own Label within one business can have its challenges

Advice to Management

Continue to lead as you are. It's an inspiring place to work

5 Apr 2018

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to write a review and for your positive words. We are glad to see that you are enjoying your time here and we really appreciate all of your hard work... More

7. "Fantastic place to work, challenging, full of development opportunities, world is your Oyster!"

Former Employee - Human Resources Manager in Leeds, England
    Former Employee - Human Resources Manager in Leeds, England

I worked at Kerry Foods full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Opportunity for everyone if you have potential, are willing to work hard, live the values and challenge the status quo to make improvements.

Cons

Can be very challenging at times, and the pace can be incredibly fast, which will not suit all team members.

Advice to Management

Keep talking, but keep really listening!

5 Apr 2018

Hi there, thank you so much for your positive review. It's great to hear that you are feeling positive about Kerry Foods and we agree that it can feel at times like a very pacey environment! We... More

8. "Empowered to deliver with great people"

Current Employee - Brand Marketing in London, England
    Current Employee - Brand Marketing in London, England

I have been working at Kerry Foods full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- The culture of Kerry Foods is unique, we work hard but have great fun doing it.
    - The people in the business make you proud to say you work for Kerry Foods
    - At every level in Kerry Foods we are empowered to make plans and deliver for the business which is very motivating.

Cons

we work in the food industry so we need to build on our efforts to drive a food culture within the business

5 Apr 2018

Hi there, many thanks for your review and for sharing your feedback. It's great to hear that you like the culture here and that you feel empowered in your role. Thank you for your hard work and may... More

9. "Bags of autonomy / fast paced / opportunity to make a real difference"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burton, East Midlands, England
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burton, East Midlands, England

I have been working at Kerry Foods part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love working for Kerry Foods. The business never stands still and the pace and change means there is never a dull moment. You really get the feeling you have the opportunity to make a real difference within the business.

Cons

The pace and change means there is a lot to keep up with - sometimes a challenge as a part time worker. However with a strong team beside me, I feel my role is supported.

Advice to Management

None - lets keep innovating as we do!

23 Mar 2018

Hi, thanks so much for your positive review and encouraging words. It's great to see that you are enjoying your role so much and we hope that you continue to do so throughout 2018 and beyond!

10. "HR"

Current Employee - H R Administrator in Burton, East Midlands, England
    Current Employee - H R Administrator in Burton, East Midlands, England

I have been working at Kerry Foods full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company is very team orientated and always happy to help out when needed. They have allowed me time to get up to speed with all processes and policies that are new to me.

Good Salary.

Continuously improving the working area.

Cons

Policies vary throughout the company depending on Union/Factory.

Advice to Management

Nil

5 Apr 2018

Hi there, many thanks for taking the time to write us a review. It's great to hear that you are feeling positive about your role and that you feel supported by the business. As the Kerry Foods... More