Khoros "401k matching" Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Khoros Employee Reviews about "401k matching"

Updated 6 Nov 2019

3.9
Khoros CEO  Jack Blaha
Jack Blaha
0 Rating
Pros
  • "SocialFirst company wide meetings to the catered lunches 4 days a week in the Austin office(in 25 reviews)

• "Good (but diminishing) perks like free lunch(in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • "Conference rooms in Austin are almost always booked solid, so often we have to use open areas for meetings or calls which can get loud and distracting(in 21 reviews)

• "Benefits are competitive but only lack is 401k matching(in 15 reviews)

Reviews about "401k matching"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great environment!"

Current Employee - Social Media Coordinator in Austin, TX

I have been working at Khoros full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Catered lunch, unlimited vacation -Fun and relax working environment -Collaborative and kind teams -Work/life balance is GREAT

Cons

-Career-pathing is pretty much determined by whose projects have access to Directors -Bad 401k matching -Managers are either great or horrible

Advice to Management

Give more individuals access to directors.

Khoros2019-11-06

"Great opportunity and people"

I have been working at Khoros full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

This is a company that provides a lot of opportunity for individuals that are willing to work hard, push themselves and take on new challenges. There is always an opportunity to grow and learn something new everyday. If you're bored here, you're doing it wrong. I feel fortunate to work with a group of people that are talented, respectful and motivated. It's a very collaborative environment and teams are trusted to make their own decisions. In my department there are no issues with micromanagement and autonomy is the norm. The only constant about Spredfast is change - this isn't a place for those who are unwilling to adapt quickly. Competitive salary, free lunch from Whole Foods and downtown location.

Cons

Lack of 401k matching. Inconsistency in quality of managers across different departments. Some managers are incredibly motivated and invested in their teams, while others seem to have zero interest in their team's career development and provide more distraction than direction.

Advice to Management

Maintain our current focus on customer needs instead of moving back into our directionless "innovation" phase. Solving core user problems will continue to drive our success and keep employees motivated to design and build the best possible product.

Khoros2017-08-11
  3. "Great career opportunity!"

I have been working at Khoros full-time for more than a year

Pros

1. Excellent culture and team cohesion. 2. Competitive pay 3. Surrounded by amazing and talented people 4. Great atmosphere 5. In the midst of a powerful and constantly growing industry and grasping it with ease

Cons

1. Benefits are competitive but only lack is 401k matching 2. Change can be more prevalent before getting a chance to settle in

Advice to Management

Keep being transparent and straightforward with your teams as it goes a long way. Invest in the product and services we can provide and keep focusing on what we can do as a powerhouse in the industry. Don't focus on competition metrics and keep focusing on what we do best.

Khoros2017-08-09

"Great opportunity to build a business and career in tech, and not just have a job"

Current Employee - Customer Success in Austin, TX

I have been working at Khoros full-time for more than a year

Pros

* Fancy customers - big brands, from a lot of industries, all trying to figure out the changing nature of social in their businesses. I take a lot of pride in working with companies of this caliber (and when I forget, my non-SF friends remind me). * Great colleagues - I've worked with A LOT of teams in my career, including in SaaS, including in startups, including in Austin, and I can say with confidence that this is a team that is both smart and has heart. Given the stage of growth we're going through, we need both of those things. And, I'm amazed at how many times people go out of their way to give others credit for their contributions (i.e., not just through YouEarnedIt). * Intellectual challenge and career growth - with how social is changing its role in business, and with how we are moving from early/mid-stage and small to late stage and mid-sized, there is a constant puzzle to be solved. I can't think of any time I've been bored or felt that I wasn't trusted to think bigger than what's right in front of me. More importantly, I know that, wherever I land in my career, this will be an extremely valued experience (and in a career centered on fickle tech, this is key). * Solid product strategy - in this crazy space, you have to have the strategy pinned down and keep the tactics flexible. I think the company landed on a strong target and offer earlier this year and now is marching ahead to execute.

Cons

* Benefits - I rated comp/benefits strongly, but I've been startup-centric for the past 5 years. And I hear persistent asks from team members on the 401K match. If we want to recruit more widely, from a diversity of careers and locations, we will have to deal with this gap. * "Globalization" - Really, a need to broaden out our reach in customers and people outside the US and Austin, respectively. We are aiming high, and need to get even more serious about our ability to fan out and deliver to big, global companies. I also think that having a truly connected team outside of Austin keeps we Austinites better grounded (Austin is kept weird, and not always in a good way for business). * Product execution/tension - related to above, we have to keep doing the "less shiny" kind of innovation to keep bringing in the "more fancy" types of customers. I think the company has taken great strides in driving scale, security, and administrative function in the platform - but there's always so much more to be done here, and it competes with social bells and whistles on a daily basis .

Advice to Management

Keep on with the focus and strategy you laid out, while taking to heart where we have specific talent and product gaps to fill. Think big and global as you fill them.

Khoros2017-07-03
  5. "Great Place to Work"

I have been working at Khoros full-time

Pros

I have honestly never worked with smarter people in my career. I am consistently blown away by the quality of employees Spredfast hires. Everyone is incredibly passionate about what they do and it shows. Company-provided lunch four days per week is an excellent perk, as is the cold-brew coffee and local beer on tap.

Cons

The only one which comes to mind is lack of 401k match.

Advice to Management

Remain transparent about company objectives and keep an open line of communication with employees. This is key in maintaining high morale and also instills a strong sense of confidence in the company's future.

Khoros2017-07-01

"Great Place to Work"

I have been working at Khoros full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

If you are willing to build rooted relationships, work hard, and have an impact beyond your position, opportunities manifest for you at Spredfast. You'll often hear those who do this called "rock stars, " and the culture is built around them. I've had numerous opportunities to explore different roles and have seen many others do the same with strong support from the business. I have truly loved working here and you should strongly consider Spredfast for your career. Critical thinking is rewarded. Ideas, backed with data, can change the course of any decision and it doesn't matter who offers the idea. Speaking up is a must if you are to be heard here, but the good news is people listen. The plentiful food, generous vacation policy, health benefits, excellent work/life balance, and trendy Austin office match most tech company benefits in Austin. Spredfast has HSA matching.

Cons

Always on the move, Spredfasts will pivot often. We not only have to replicate most features within every social network but innovate on top that. We're often tied to the whims of the networks. Facebook adds a new feature a customer wants to use, we have to add it, or they go outside the platform. Pressures from established competitors, shiny point solutions, and demanding customers strain resources and clouds long-term visions by the very near-term threats. The people can get pretty down if pipeline seems off or the extremely high goals set are not met. And in the back of everyone's minds, the main competitor lurks. No 401K match and the plan options are so-so. Healthcare benefits are middle of the road for those with the HSA (still worth it if you are healthy). The conference room technology is inconsistent and often goes down (they are working on it).

Advice to Management

Stop being competitor obsessed and invest in the product. I hear the main competitors name more than I do our own some days. Ultimately, "It's the product, stupid." It doesn't matter how much you push sales to drive pipe and close deals if it does not provide value than nothing else matters. Figure out what this market is and where Spredfast fits.

Khoros2017-06-16
  7. "Fantastic Place to Learn, Grow, and Develop in an Exciting Space"

I have been working at Khoros full-time

Pros

I've been here for several years now and have had the opportunity to take on multiple roles in different departments. Spredfast rewards those who want to work hard, who are passionate and want to grow and develop. Managers are invested in the growth of their team members and are not only passionate about the building a successful company but also developing people. They acknowledge that the opportunity to grow and develop here is part of what you sign up for (in addition to the paycheck). People are respectful to each other and embrace diversity. Those who are motivated, driven and strong problem solvers thrive here.

Cons

Besides 401k match which everyone would like, the cons are really that we are in a very competitive market with alot of noise in the market. Our customers are incredibly demanding and we take pride in making the successful but sometimes that's not possible which can be frustrating. Sometimes people can get wrapped up in the challenges and adversity faced in the market rather than turning the challenges into opportunities.

Advice to Management

Listen, don't dismiss. Embrace what has led to our success at this point. Refuse the easy trap of being competitor driven and focus on the customers. Expect excellence from everyone. Find new ways to bring teams together and other departments so people can connect on a more personal level. Provide incentive rewards to people not only on the sales team but others who make a profound impact on the success of the company.

Khoros2017-06-12

"An adolescent company acting like it"

I have been working at Khoros full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Free lunches - Mostly cool, nice people in the office - A handful (3 or 4 company-wide) of exceptional leaders that you want to trust - Opportunities to stretch your skills and learn new things in your role - Fast pace and varied demands mean you'll never get bored

Cons

- Parking costs $80 / month, so those free lunches pretty much get canceled out - No 401k matching and you get laughed at by the CEO for asking if/when this is coming. Seriously. - Considering the size and age of the company, you would expect some of the nimble, flexibility of a startup. Not so. The level of politicking and legacy baggage various teams maintain means that multiple committees and several months are required to make even the smallest common sense change to any given process. - The quality of your experience is 100% dependent on the quality of your manager. Unfortunately, there is no real development language used to help advance career paths and management seems to have just given in to the fact that people will bounce, so internal growth and development is extremely rare. Those who do advance do so because of back-alley deals and barters, not because of normally-tracked growth and accomplishment of goals. There simply aren't positions defined for advancement, so you either hope your manager is willing to face a battle to create a Sr role (or similar) or you're forced to change paths if you want to stay at the company but continue to develop your career. - Questionable hiring decisions of leadership roles (VP+) means you are constantly starting over to assert your abilities, gain recognition, and/or move ahead. - Executive leadership bounces from one dramatic move or direction to another on an almost quarterly basis, so things always feel in upheaval and there is little sense of stability or security. Sometimes these radical choices create problems that require months to resolve... and it's hard to win back trust after those missteps. - This doesn't seem to be a place for people who want to start or grow their family. Spredfast burns people out and offers very lean maternity benefits; is it really just a boys club or for single women in their 20s?

Advice to Management

Decide exactly what you want and move towards it, communicate this to your employees in no uncertain terms, and start fostering and nurturing the careers of the cogs who make it all happen if you hope to keep them long enough to achieve whatever it is you're after.

Khoros2017-03-30
  9. "Fast-paced, Fulfilling & Focused"

Current Employee - Sales in Austin, TX

I have been working at Khoros full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

A team of smart, dedicated, trustworthy people that are constantly pushing each other to be better. The people I've worked with at Spredfast are incredibly committed to making our customers successful, which in turn helps the company succeed. Our leadership team is a group of highly respected professionals both at Spredfast and beyond its walls, bringing knowledge to their teams, our customers, and the broader social and digital industry. Even though we have grown into a more mature company over the past few years, there are tons of opportunities for career growth and learning. The social space is fast, it's unpredictable, and it's demanding but the solid products and services we provide and the brands we have the opportunity to work with make it really fun and rewarding. Long-standing company awards, employee-to-employee reward systems, and quarterly individual recognition makes people proud that the hard work they do doesn't go unnoticed by their leadership and by their peers. Being a part of massive events like Spredfast Summit and SXSW: Great energy and a quick way to realize how much fun it is to be part of a fast-growing tech company.

Cons

Communication challenges as we get bigger (between internal teams at our HQ and between other global offices). We're getting better, but there's still work to be done. No 401k match. Keeping a close-knit culture amidst rapid growth.

Advice to Management

Think of creative ways to connect people between offices, getting other global offices to feel the excitement and inclusion that Austin HQ takes for granted. Career pathing for junior or middle management positions where the next step isn't as clear.

Khoros2017-03-21

"Director, Marketing"

Current Employee - Director, Marketing in Austin, TX

I have been working at Khoros full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great leadership. Amazing people who are ambitious, driven, and really smart. Very collaborative. Plenty of opportunities to move around and grow your career. Valuable product and services. Customer-first mentality. Highly recommend working at Spredfast.

Cons

Could have better benefits, i.e., 401K matching, more generous maternity leave policy, encouraged sabbatical after 4-5 years, etc

Advice to Management

Work on building competitive benefits to retain talent.

Khoros2017-03-09