Khoros Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 8 Nov 2019

3.9
Khoros CEO Jack Blaha
Jack Blaha
Pros
  • "Good (but diminishing) perks like free lunch(in 24 reviews)

• "Free good catered lunch 4 days/week(in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • "Conference rooms in Austin are almost always booked solid, so often we have to use open areas for meetings or calls which can get loud and distracting(in 21 reviews)

• "Benefits are competitive but only lack is 401k matching(in 15 reviews)

1. "Company Review"

Current Employee - Customer Support Analyst in London, England

I have been working at Khoros part-time for less than a year

Pros

Very comfortable working with colleagues

Cons

Some negative vibes getting from other colleagues

Khoros2019-07-15

"Weak product, misaligned expectation of market size"

Former Employee - Account Manager in London, England

I worked at Khoros full-time for more than a year

Pros

Social activities Free food in office Flexible working

Cons

Unstable organisation no overall UK strategy Disconnect and lack of support from US HQ Sales targets that were completely deluded. Product poor vs main competitor, basically impossible to win a deal.

Khoros2019-09-17
  3. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Technical Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Khoros full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good people to work with

Cons

Complicated suite of products and need to improve systems

Khoros2019-06-17

"Progression if you're willing to work for it... If the plan goes well, exciting things ahead"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Khoros full-time for more than a year

Pros

Naturally with a merger comes some trials and tribulations, however this is the smoothest merger I have been through - although there have been many challenges, there seems to be light at the end of the tunnel. I have seen rapid progression within the business, if you are willing to put in the effort. In the EMEA office we have a unique culture and overall the vibe is positive, with plenty of socialising and... drinking events. If the integration of products goes well, it will be a market leading solution that should bring in the results. Being part of the Vista portfolio, there is good cross-company collaboration on best practices to help improve Khoros. Good benefits including free lunch everyday (deliveries on Friday), drinks in the office, healthcare & dental care, gym membership discount to name a few. On the whole, I have thoroughly enjoyed working at Khoros & the legacy company before that mainly due to the culture in the EMEA office and the great people I have worked with.

Cons

Lack of communication with the US can be an issue, along with differing processes within the 2 legacy businesses. There has been some churn globally due to the merger which can always be tough, however no more than expected from my previous experiences with mergers. Workload can be higher in times where staff have left or when taken over 2 sets of clients/prospects.

Advice to Management

Keep communicating and working with the EMEA office - there is huge potential in markets such as Germany, France, etc. Keep taking staff feedback on board and look into the granular issues, not just the overall picture.

Khoros2019-05-26

"Overall not great"

Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in London, England

I have been working at Khoros full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You have the flexibility to work from home.

Cons

Awful management and low pay.

Khoros2019-04-16

"Great people, great opportunity with similar challenges to most young start-up companies"

Current Employee - Sales in London, England

I have been working at Khoros full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Spredfast employ great people. The smart, driven, fun-loving, team-players far outnumber those who are not. I learn every day from my colleagues. - A collaborative working environment that encourages helping one another achieve and grow. - A great new office in London - Perfect environment for someone who likes to take initiatives and feel empowered. Those who have succeeded most have identified an opportunity... to own something and with energy and passion seized it. - A clear market position and vision helps greatly when positioning the company in a crowded marketplace. - The chance to work with fantastic customers from the largest brands in the world. - A fast-paced, dynamic industry that keeps you on your toes. - Some inspiring leaders with a wealth of experience in social, digital and marketing. - A very flexible holiday policy. - A product team that releases a great amount of seriously cool new stuff on a regular basis.

Cons

- The same growing pains of any relatively young software company. Career opportunities depend upon how fast company is growing. - The fast-moving industry means one must expect to adapt on a weekly basis to changes. This might not be to everyone's taste but is actually a positive for me. - The same changes in management, niggling product issues, turnover of sales staff that you can expect in any software start... up.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to your employees. Keep communicating openly. Think about how we will continue to evolve career progression and learning to ensure we keep our brightest. Don't underestimate the value of social events and team-building as we grow.

Khoros2017-07-07
  7. "sales"

Current Employee - Field Sales in London, England

I have been working at Khoros full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great culture of empowerment and career opportunity, really strong products, marketing and market opportunity.

Cons

Not an environment for coasters or cruisers.

Advice to Management

Keep building out the platform to be best in class.

Khoros2017-06-09

"Sales development representative"

Former Employee - SDR in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Khoros full-time for more than a year

Pros

The EMEA team is really good.

Cons

The only focus of the management now seems to become profitable and public ASAP to get away with some cash. They recently cut 10% of the workforce to reduce costs. I was fired for redundancy because apparently I brought too much opps to the business and they didnt want to expand the sales team to handle that. They dont want to invest to grow anymore. That's sad. Was made promises that were not kept. Funny... things that shows how gobal management is organized. I was fired 2weeks after being praised and raised.

Khoros2017-02-15

"amazing company"

Technical Support Analyst in London, England

I worked at Khoros

Pros

Amazing benefits and flexibility. This THE environment to grow and learn. Amazing workspace for women leadership and for personal development. Teamwork is at it's highest peak

Cons

I can't think of any

Khoros2015-10-13

"We've turned the corner!"

Current Employee - RVP Sales in Bend, OR

I have been working at Khoros full-time for more than a year

Pros

Most innovative technology in the space. This industry is consolidating rapidly, and we are a consolidator. We have unstoppable momentum. It's true that many legacy workers did not have an appetite for fast-moving global domination through M&A. Current employees appreciate their past contributions, but we're ready to forge ahead. The new class of hires are true professionals ready to dominate. There are... whispers of excitement in the Khoros hallways and confident "smirks" from new leadership and product. The competition should use every last breath they currently have to bad-speak Khoros. That window is closing.

Cons

The challenge of the merger was real, but we've turned that corner.

Advice to Management

Forge ahead unapologetically. The vision is spot on.

Khoros2019-11-08