Khoros Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Found 7 reviews

3.5
Khoros CEO Pete Hess
Pete Hess
Pros
  • "Good (but diminishing) perks like free lunch(in 24 reviews)

• "SocialFirst company wide meetings to the catered lunches 4 days a week in the Austin office(in 22 reviews)

Cons
  • "Conference rooms in Austin are almost always booked solid, so often we have to use open areas for meetings or calls which can get loud and distracting(in 20 reviews)

• "No 401k matching, health benefits outside Texas are basic(in 14 reviews)

"Progression if you're willing to work for it... If the plan goes well, exciting things ahead"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Khoros full-time for more than a year

Pros

Naturally with a merger comes some trials and tribulations, however this is the smoothest merger I have been through - although there have been many challenges, there seems to be light at the end of the tunnel. I have seen rapid progression within the business, if you are willing to put in the effort. In the EMEA office we have a unique culture and overall the vibe is positive, with plenty of socialising and drinking...

Cons

Lack of communication with the US can be an issue, along with differing processes within the 2 legacy businesses. There has been some churn globally due to the merger which can always be tough, however no more than expected from my previous experiences with mergers. Workload can be higher in times where staff have left or when taken over 2 sets of clients/prospects.

Advice to Management

Keep communicating and working with the EMEA office - there is huge potential in markets such as Germany, France, etc. Keep taking staff feedback on board and look into the granular issues, not just the overall picture.

Khoros2019-05-26
  2. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Technical Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Khoros full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good people to work with

Cons

Complicated suite of products and need to improve systems

Khoros2019-06-17

"Overall not great"

Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in London, England

I have been working at Khoros full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You have the flexibility to work from home.

Cons

Awful management and low pay.

Khoros2019-04-16

"Great people, great opportunity with similar challenges to most young start-up companies"

Current Employee - Sales in London, England

I have been working at Khoros full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Spredfast employ great people. The smart, driven, fun-loving, team-players far outnumber those who are not. I learn every day from my colleagues. - A collaborative working environment that encourages helping one another achieve and grow. - A great new office in London - Perfect environment for someone who likes to take initiatives and feel empowered. Those who have succeeded most have identified an opportunity to...

Cons

- The same growing pains of any relatively young software company. Career opportunities depend upon how fast company is growing. - The fast-moving industry means one must expect to adapt on a weekly basis to changes. This might not be to everyone's taste but is actually a positive for me. - The same changes in management, niggling product issues, turnover of sales staff that you can expect in any software start up.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to your employees. Keep communicating openly. Think about how we will continue to evolve career progression and learning to ensure we keep our brightest. Don't underestimate the value of social events and team-building as we grow.

Khoros2017-07-07
  5. "sales"

Current Employee - Field Sales in London, England

I have been working at Khoros full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great culture of empowerment and career opportunity, really strong products, marketing and market opportunity.

Cons

Not an environment for coasters or cruisers.

Advice to Management

Keep building out the platform to be best in class.

Khoros2017-06-09

"Sales development representative"

Former Employee - SDR in London, England

I worked at Khoros full-time for more than a year

Pros

The EMEA team is really good.

Cons

The only focus of the management now seems to become profitable and public ASAP to get away with some cash. They recently cut 10% of the workforce to reduce costs. I was fired for redundancy because apparently I brought too much opps to the business and they didnt want to expand the sales team to handle that. They dont want to invest to grow anymore. That's sad. Was made promises that were not kept. Funny things...

Khoros2017-02-15

"amazing company"

Former Employee - Technical Support Analyst in London, England

I worked at Khoros

Pros

Amazing benefits and flexibility. This THE environment to grow and learn. Amazing workspace for women leadership and for personal development. Teamwork is at it's highest peak

Cons

I can't think of any

Khoros2015-10-13
  8. "Amazing place to work"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Austin, TX

I have been working at Khoros full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Khoros has an amazing culture: catering four days a week, monthly happy hours, flex schedules, volunteer opportunities and lots of fun perks. They have a management team who truly cares and will work with you to build your career.

Cons

The merger has been tough and working out of three offices in Austin can be difficult - but there is a light at the end of the tunnel with the new office in September.

Khoros2019-07-08

"Great people and perks, but getting more corporate by the day"

Current Employee - Social Media Coordinator in Austin, TX

I have been working at Khoros full-time for more than a year

Pros

Smart, awesome people to work with. Great flexibility and freedom— working from home, working remotely, and unlimited vacation. Management trusts you to get things done. Work life balance is wonderful. Free good catered lunch 4 days/week. Some creative and fun opportunities in the work itself. Work hard, and this team will reward you with praise and promotions.

Cons

This company recently went through a merger, and the culture has shifted rapidly under the new owners (Vista Equity Partners). Transparency is decreasing, perks are declining, and employee freedoms are slowly being curtailed.

Advice to Management

Please fight to retain the great culture, work environment, compensation and benefits we used to have.

Khoros2019-06-02

"Post-Merger Chaos"

Former Employee - Sales in Austin, TX

I worked at Khoros full-time for more than a year

Pros

Not many left, perhaps once the two platforms are combined but as of now it's not good. The new Austin office will be really nice but no longer downtown. Good luck if you rely on public transportation.

Cons

Life was great pre merger. New leadership doesn't know what's going on with its workforce. Everyone from management to your top performers are leaving by the day. I guess this is what happens after a merger, but the culture and excitement that there was before the merger is non-existent.

Advice to Management

Stop firing your best people

Khoros2019-06-11