Kinex Sales Representative Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Chris Earle
  1. "Excellent company"

Current Employee - Telephone Sales Representative in Ipswich, England

I have been working at Kinex full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have been working in the Ipswich branch for 6 weeks now and am going from strength to strength. The attitude of the team is friendly and very supportive and the managers are incredibly professional and work really hard to support and encourage the team. We are the top branch in the country and for a good reason. I was in two minds about taking the job because of some of the negative reviews on here but I’m so... pleased I did. The only reason anyone would post negatively is if they don’t want to work hard or genuinely cannot do the job. It’s not for everyone. I have made target every week and am happy that I can continue to do so.

Cons

You cannot go through the motions of doing the job, you need to put the effort in but if you do it’s very rewarding with basic salary , commission and bonuses to be earned.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you’re doing guys, you are doing an amazing job.

Kinex2019-10-24
  2. "Unfair dismissal"

Former Employee - Customer Service and Sales Representative in Bristol, England

I worked at Kinex full-time for less than a year

Pros

Free tea and coffee.

Cons

- management does not take anything seriously - take your chairs away from you, even though I have a previous broken back, would leave me in pain - threw my stuff out the minute I left and kept trying to make excuses for me to not come and get it - no adequate training - boss makes you feel uncomfortable

Advice to Management

Please quit.

Kinex2019-09-30
  3. "Avoid!"

Former Contractor - Field Sales Representative in Ipswich, England

I worked at Kinex for less than a year

Pros

None that I can think of

Cons

Read the employment terms. Says "Kinex do not pay commission to agents no longer employed by Kinex". Work for month maybe six weeks, get cast adrift and then not get paid. BUNCH OF SHIESTERS

Kinex2019-06-06
  4. "Lying Managers"

Former Employee - Former Sales Representative in Southampton, England

I worked at Kinex full-time

Pros

If you are recruited as a self employed sales rep you don't have to go in the office daily to deal with all the fake BS pleasantries. You work according to your scheduled appointments. That's about the only positive.

Cons

Managers lie to you from day one at the interview. Hostile environment. I was a self employed sales rep with Kinex for two weeks. They promised 5 appointments daily, but the first day I got only one. The next two days had no appointments, then was lucky if I got two in a day. The in-house sales staff always looked stressed and terrified whenever I went in to drop off contracts because they had a daily quota for... appointments and would literally pressure prospects for unqualified appointments, knowing that they didn't want the Kinex service and would not switch. But they would set these worthless appointments anyway just meet their daily quota to keep from getting fired. Clients are lied to about increasing or doubling broadband speeds but soon find themselves locked in a deceitful contract and don't get any part of what was promised. This company is a fraud. They promise the best service and lowest price but the opposite is more accurate. You get sent to worthless appointments on a wild goose chase and end up spending your meagre commission on fuel, in other words you are working for free. Don't take on a self employed role with Kinex especially if you got commitments or a family depending on you, unless you love being exploited. It's not worth your time or energy. The sales manager will lie to you constantly and tell you how bad the prospects want to switch only to get to the appointment to realise that they have no interest in it. The prospects only agree to appointments because they feel that is the only way to stop the I left this job quickly because I could see SCAM at every turn and in every conversation. But don't believe a word that I just said here, Go ahead and see for yourself. It would be a revelation. lol.

Advice to Management

Get your act together and speak the truth.

Kinex2019-05-08
  5. "Perfect Job"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Ipswich, England

I have been working at Kinex full-time for more than a year

Pros

I’ve worked as a Sales Representative for over two years. By far the most enjoyable job I have had. The management team are unbelievable at what they do. I get at least 5 qualified appointments a day. As long as I follow the steps to the sale I sell to every customer. The support and continuous on the job train is the best I’ve seen in any organisation. There is no limit to what you can earn and achieve in this... role.

Cons

You need to be self motivated but I wouldn’t class this as a Con

Advice to Management

Michael, Joe and Matt keep doing what you are doing.

Kinex2019-03-20
  6. "Is it the 1970s??"

Former Employee - Field Sales Representative in Leeds, England

I worked at Kinex full-time for less than a year

Pros

Met some great customers on the road

Cons

Poor management. Long hours. High mileage. Poor customer service. High pressure sales tactics. Foul language from managers. Bad quality appointments.

Advice to Management

Rip it up and start again.

Kinex2019-03-19
  7. "I liked my Job with KINEX , pity , that they do not have an office in Scotland."

Former Employee - Field Sales Representative in Ayr, Scotland
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Kinex full-time for less than a year

Pros

They do not keep their word about what they promise you on visits,

Cons

They do not keep there Word

Advice to Management

Me again

Kinex2019-02-05
  8. "field sales rep"

Former Employee - Field Sales Representative in Nottingham, England

I worked at Kinex full-time for less than a year

Pros

nice colleagues. when make phone calls.

Cons

do not pay you commision for work you have done.

Advice to Management

pay us.

Kinex2018-11-10
  9. "Happy to work mondays for once!"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Hamilton, Scotland
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Kinex full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great comprehensive training, managers who are interested and invested in your progress as an employee and a staff base who make you feel welcome and confident in your role

Cons

I've not been working here long but so far I've had no problems with my employment at Kinex

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing

Kinex2018-07-31

"Don't do it"

Former Employee - Field Sales Representative in Chatham, England

I worked at Kinex full-time for less than a year

Pros

There are no pros to working here

Cons

Promised 5 qualified appts a day. That is an appt with a business owner/decision maker with a phone bill ready. Max I got was 4 appts some days only 2. Only 50% of appts there was a decision maker with a phone bill. Then the kids in the telesales office tell you you're not doing your job properly when they have never sold in the field. Now I find out that I'm not being paid full commission because I've left. Do... yourself a favour and don't join them

Advice to Management

Don't lie at interview about the job and pay.

Kinex2018-08-13