Kit and Ace Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 15 Aug 2019

Found 145 reviews

3.7
George Tsogas
Pros
  • "I have been working with Kit and Ace for 2(in 14 reviews)

• "Company has a great people culture, they really take care of the employees(in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • "Many associate the old Kit and Ace with the(in 12 reviews)

• "Enforced programs like Landmark even if you had preexisting mental health conditions(in 11 reviews)

"Seeing Through Rose Colored Glasses"

No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Kit and Ace

Pros

Work with amazing creatives, co workers become like family, amazing events.

Cons

Not supported by main office, HQ constantly changing direction of clientele, a lot of turnover etc.

Advice to Management

listen to your staff be open to ideas with markets that the hq are not familiar with

Kit and Ace2018-03-26

"Shop lead and visual manager"

Former Employee - General Manager in London, England

I worked at Kit and Ace full-time for more than a year

Pros

Discount on cashmere, great fabrics, great training.

Cons

No integrity, no communication, no follow up

Advice to Management

Don’t post on Instagram that you are closing all stores before telling your staff

Kit and Ace2018-01-31

"Horrible Experience"

Former Employee - Human Resources

I worked at Kit and Ace for less than a year

Pros

Salary Free drinks Free food Corporate discount Cool office

Cons

They preach integrity all over the place. But integrity is the last thing this company has. Management has no idea what they're doing They say "global' company, but enforce all process and prodcedures to other countries the same exact way Canada does it...which doest work in most other countries

Advice to Management

Find some true global experienced executives. Not people that only have experience in Canada.

Kit and Ace2016-07-25
  4. "The New Kit and Ace"

I have been working at Kit and Ace full-time for less than a year

Pros

Open and collaborative work environment where you are empowered to contribute to the business and your voice is heard. Great learning and growth environment , with the opportunity to wear many hats and expand your skill set. Great people , energy and awesome office views ;)

Cons

Still in the process of shedding "Old World " Kit and Ace identity which at times feels like an uphill battle. Lean team (great for learning ) however at times can feel a little overwhelming.

Kit and Ace2019-08-16
  5. "Key Holder"

Current Employee - Key Holder

I have been working at Kit and Ace part-time

Pros

-Open communication -Good pay -Good sicount

Cons

-Expanded too fast -Can get a little culty at times

Kit and Ace2019-08-07
  6. "Great work culture, great people"

Former Employee - Educator in Vancouver, BC

I worked at Kit and Ace part-time for less than a year

Pros

Monthly exercise allowance included for all employees. Fun, friendly, and welcoming environment to work in. Plenty of shifts.

Cons

Employees are required to wear one piece of “current” product all the time, and the clothes are quite expensive (with a fairly small relative employee discount), which guarantees you’ll be spending at least a portion of your paycheque on new clothes fairly regularly. They are also extremely strict about how you use your employee discount, to the point where workers are not allowed to use it for anybody but themselves,...

Kit and Ace2019-07-28

"Fun & Scrappy"

I have been working at Kit and Ace full-time

Pros

- Product! - New owners are cultivating a fun culture with an emphasis on empowering their people. - Love the start up life; you get to work cross functional with all departments, learn a ton about retail and assist in building a brand.

Cons

- Being associated with the past, and needing to educate on the new brand direction. - The business is focused on earning the right to grow. Which means moderate growth

Advice to Management

Continue telling the new Kit and Aces story and direction. In my opinion it is all about generating awareness. Otherwise great product and bike vision; love my classic ride pant :-)

Kit and Ace2019-06-11
  8. "Fun, Empowering, and Supportive Work Environment!"

Current Employee - Shop Director in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Kit and Ace for more than 3 years

Pros

I have been working with Kit and Ace for 2.5 years, and have had so many incredible opportunities to support my growth and development. I love that my voice is heard, and I am helping build this brand for our future. I feel valued by this company, and am acknowledged for my hard work, frequently and consistently. After all the transitions, I'm happy to say that the culture remains strong, and we are full of positive,...

Cons

There have been a lot of transitions in the recent years, and through scaling back, people's roles are big and dynamic. However, this creates lots of opportunity for others', as they can develop beyond their current role. We also get associated with the "old" Kit and Ace, which can be challenging at times, but our recent success since the company changes highlights the grit we have.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to feedback, and share high level objectives, so we all know exactly what we're working towards!

Kit and Ace2019-05-23
  9. "Fun for Growth and Development!"

I have been working at Kit and Ace full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I've worked at Kit and Ace for almost 4 years and its been a wild ride! I've worked very hard and in return have grown a lot and have had opportunities to be in different roles. Work is fun AND challenging which I personally love. Our CEO is approachable and humble. I love being able to walk up to him and give him direct feedback or ask questions.

Cons

We're still running a bit lean... really looking forward to being able to grow our headcount!

Advice to Management

Keep asking the team a lot of questions and enroll everyone more on our performance and if we're on track with our new vision.

Kit and Ace2019-05-15
  10. "Great People & Culture"

Current Employee - Production Associate

I have been working at Kit and Ace full-time for more than a year

Pros

Have been working at Kit and Ace for almost 2 years, absolutely love working here. Company has a great people culture, they really take care of the employees. Senior management is always motivating team members to achieve personal and work goals. Definitely a great bunch of people to work, who feel like family.

Cons

Can't think of any at the moment.

Kit and Ace2019-05-14