Knowledge First Financial Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 23 Jan 2020

4.7
Knowledge First Financial President and CEO George Hopkinson
George Hopkinson
Pros
  • "Great learning curve and work environment(in 4 reviews)

• "I worked at Knowledge First Financial McCarthy Balian Branch as a 4 month co-op and thoroughly enjoyed my time here(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • "No cons that I have ever experienced(in 3 reviews)

• "Summer students were treated poorly and taken advantage of when upper management was under pressure(in 3 reviews)

1. "Meaningful work, grow your own business with support and earn commissions and incentives reflective of your efforts."

I have been working at Knowledge First Financial

Pros

Work here if you want to be rewarded for your direct efforts and results. Work here if you are motivated by incentives to perform. Work here if you are creative, resourceful and can connect easily with people. Work here if you are smart and you like to be creative in a marketing kind of way. Work here if you want a career path to follow. Work here if you like psychology and people and advising. Work here if you are a believer in goal setting. Sales skills and fact finding skill set is an asset.

Cons

You have to manage your time well as your hours are your own. It takes effort and time to develop the new sales skill if you don’t have one to get results. You need to be patient and determined and have humility with clients to earn their trust and for you to get a result. You need the mindset that you need to invest in your own business first (time and money often) to get results. It requires consistency and persistence.

Advice to Management

It would be good to have a budget set for training and education around the psychology of selling for new sales candidates and sales reps showing potential.

Knowledge First Financial2020-01-19
  2. "Workplace"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Mississauga, ON
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Knowledge First Financial full-time

Pros

Great work life balance good benefits

Cons

reliance on outdated systems and technologies

Knowledge First Financial2020-01-23
  3. "Amazing Organizational Purpose & Amazing People"

Current Employee - Sales Coordinator in Mississauga, ON

I have been working at Knowledge First Financial full-time for more than a year

Pros

One of the many benefits to working at Knowledge First is the opportunity for professional development. I always feel like my voice is heard by my colleagues. I always feel welcome to speak up in meetings and share my ideas. My manager believes in me and aims to help me with my career development. At Knowledge First, I can explore each facet of an organization. I am welcome to be curious and innovative. It's encouraged. I feel so lucky to be proud of my organization's mission. A lot of organizations state their mission but they don't live it through their everyday actions. I can tell you with first-hand experience that we live and breathe our mission everyday.

Cons

I can't think of any :)

Knowledge First Financial2019-12-30
  4. "Positive"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Mississauga, ON

I have been working at Knowledge First Financial full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great work culture, great learning experience

Cons

no any, very good company ethically

Knowledge First Financial2019-12-17
  5. "I have worked for Knowledge First Financial for 15 + years"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Cambridge, ON

I have been working at Knowledge First Financial full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I enjoy the branch I work for . Taleen, Yeto and Jim are helpful and supportive. This is the best branch to work for.

Cons

I really don't have any cons to the business. It is like any job it has it ups and downs. And that is sales for you.

Knowledge First Financial2019-12-10
  6. "Great Employer"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Cambridge, ON

Pros

Good place to work, management is very supportive

Cons

No complaints at this time

Knowledge First Financial2019-12-06
  7. "Love Engaging with my Clients"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Cambridge, ON

I have been working at Knowledge First Financial full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

-work from home, have a healthy balance between work and family - supportive colleagues and management - great potential for earnings and bonuses

Cons

I can't think of any.

Knowledge First Financial2019-12-06
  8. "Flexible and rewarding"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Cambridge, ON

Pros

Super flexible and can make your own schedule, take time off when you want and still have an amazing income. Great for moms with children!

Cons

Need to be independent and self sufficient.

Advice to Management

Help more with newbies

Knowledge First Financial2019-12-06
  9. "The Most Flexible RESP in Canada"

Current Employee - Branch Director in Vancouver, BC

Pros

If it’s not the best, it should be one of the very best RESP products company, Canadian Parents trusted over 50 years!

Cons

Being the highly regulated RESP specialist, the self motivation and on going online webinar “continues education” trainings are limited to those who like challenge Personality hard working person.

Advice to Management

Hopefully KFF be prudent in the investment!

Knowledge First Financial2019-12-05
  10. "Great company to work for as an experienced rep for 17 years!"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in London, ON

Pros

Knowledge First is an awesome company to work for. The company is progressive and always moving forward to meet the needs of today's parents. Being able to make a difference in a family is not only rewarding but creates a meaningful purpose to what we do as sales reps. The McCarthy Balian branch is an awesome branch to be a part of. The assistance and support is over the top, making it an excellent environment to work in!

Cons

No cons that I have ever experienced.

Knowledge First Financial2019-11-27