Kobie Marketing Reviews

Found 119 of over 123 reviews

3.2
Kobie Marketing CEO Bram Hechtkopf
Bram Hechtkopf
Pros
  • "Really great people who bond over the outrageous culture(in 11 reviews)

• "The amenities that I had not experienced from Kobie are massages every other week(in 9 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Some disconnection between departments and some transitional "growing pains"(in 9 reviews)

• "We had to do a virtual training because no one at the location I am in knew anything about the campaign that we were going to be taking calls for(in 6 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Tech

229 Comments

Tech

84.6K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.uk&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Kobie Marketing~262504
    Join the conversation on
    1. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Work life balance

Oct 22, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Your voice is heard. The floor is always open to varying opinions

Cons

When the coffee machine is broken.

2. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Long Hours Bad Staffing Too many job duties

Sep 30, 2021 - Applications Administrator in Saint Petersburg Beach, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Coworkers and teammates are awesome and supportive

Cons

long hours positions arent filled overworked wide ranging duties

2 people found this review helpful
    3. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company, you should apply!

Sep 13, 2021 - Business Development Associate in Tampa, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

- No micromanagement - Cares about culture and diversity - Advocate program - Good salary and benefits - Very smart, nice and capable people - Managers are all accessible

Cons

-Some people work late or on weekends

4. 5.0
      Former Employee

good workplace

Aug 26, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

management is supportive training is detailed

Cons

some lines of business can be frustrating to work on

5. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Plagued by lack of communication & dense leadership

Aug 25, 2021 - Client Service Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

- hypergrowth in revenue & clients - good benefits (health, dental, etc.) - intelligent and driven co-workers

Cons

- upper management doesn't know how to form a fluid communication network across all departments, and as a result, deadlines are extended and work is re-done - pretentious attitudes have led to an exodus of valuable teammates in recent months - very little room to grow/for promotions - too focused on titles. there is a VP of a sub-department to the VP of the department to the VP of a sum of departments, etc. very convoluted. - CEO and President are very nice, but strangely out of touch with their company culture and components.

4 people found this review helpful
    6. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Needs more structure

Jul 8, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

The contact center is in need of overhaul

Cons

Lot of poor management and direction

2 people found this review helpful
    7. 5.0
      Former Employee

Great

Jan 21, 2021 - Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
      Business Outlook

Pros

Awesome place to work forever

Cons

Kobie likes to hide in her desk

8. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Customer service specialist

Dec 7, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Garland, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, Good schedule & camaraderie

Cons

None, good, fun, work environment.

1 person found this review helpful
    9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

The best gift that I have on a daily basis! My own hidden gem!!

Aug 23, 2020 - Senior Decision Scientist in Saint Petersburg, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Decent above average pay. - Culture: Absolute delight with office culture and work flexibility. You can switch off at 5 pm and you will still get pay raise and promotion. Foosball, Table Tennis, Fruit Thursdays, Diversity Fridays, Massages, WFH, early release Fridays, and PTOs can be for the hour needed. New hires are assigned a non-department member as an advocate/buddy with weekly lunches or coffees. This invariably grows your internal network of friends and well-wishers beyond you team. Regular meet and greet called Kobie Connections where you get to meet long tenured colleagues and executives, and learn how their career progressed and initiatives that they took to achieve that. Free parking overlooking the Bay. Home baked cookies from colleagues and VPs. Throughout the day you can hear frequent laughter! - Professional Development: Lectures on leadership and professional development for all by the executive leadership team. Counts towards PDU. Lynda subscription. - Transparency: Almost monthly Town Hall meetings addressing company health, business outlook and areas for optimization. Black and white answers from the President Marti Beller and CEO Bram Hechtkopf even for anonymous questions and concerns raised during virtual Town Hall meetings. The President usually follows up by dropping by randomly at work space and ask for personal feedback. All Corporate level meetings are followed by an internal anonymous survey. Monthly State of the Union spotlight on a client account. Ideas are openly shared and acknowledged. Daily meetings with immediate manager, monthly with Director/VP. It is very hard to miss, to get to know where you stand and where the company is, in real-time basis. - Talent: Leaders including Executives are hands on. Can hold deep conversations on technical as well as management strategies. You get to see their big picture perspective allowing you to prioritize your focus to attention to detail. Has a healthy mix of generalists and specialists. Team members are confident and readily share know how. - Management: Micromanagement is consciously avoided. Managers build and protect you. Hierarchy works to your favor. You are also expected to provide constructive feedback on your manager. Weekly meetings with immediate manager and skip-level with executives. Since everyone knows what everyone else is doing, there are no assumptions. Clarity of what you do, what was done, and what is expected. - Technology: SAS Viya, Python/R, PowerBI, SSRS, and the usual BI/DW tech that you may find in a technology, consulting and services company. - Weekly Open Door: On dedicated days of a week, you can book an appointment with your pick of executives; President, CEO, etc. Think on the lines of asking for career guidance, management strategies, airing grievances, persistent growth blockers, etc. Provides a level playing field, irrespective of title or assumed influence.

Cons

- Growth pains: The company is growing at a break neck speed. And that has altered the existing equilibrium of departmental silos and bubbles of exceptional talent. Management responded by integrating naturally adjacent teams and driving cross departmental cohesion. Challenge would be in maintaining the current over-communication drive that is helping greatly! - Work load: String of new project wins exceed their hiring speed. Since the emphasis is on cultural fit they deliberate. Hopefully we get more soon…the good ones!

5 people found this review helpful
    10. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

I LOVE being a Kobian!!!!!

Aug 16, 2020 - QA Analyst in Saint Pete, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

I felt compelled to write a review on my employer Kobie Marketing. In my previous searches for employment I would research companies and read the reviews from their previous employees and the current employees. I found that not too many current employees share their experiences with the company they work for. I also came to realize that some of the bad reviews may come from an employee who may have been disgruntled. I’m writing this review to highlight some of the many reasons I love being a Kobian. I started my journey at Kobie Marketing a short period before Covid-19 disrupted the way we normally interact. My employer jumped into immediate action in sending us home before anyone else in our building. They worked quickly and even had the call center completely remote something I found to be an excellent task. Prior to Covid I worked from our corporate office downtown St. Petersburg. I absolutely love the office. I can truly say that our CEO Bram Hechtkopf and President Marti Beller considers all associates when making their decisions and have a true open door policy. Kobie has a Diversity & Inclusion group which is doing its part to ensure all Kobians are comfortable at work and collaborating with each other. The amenities that I had not experienced from Kobie are massages every other week. A break room to unwind with an electric guitar, fuse ball, table tennis, and industrial popcorn machines on each floor. My first week there my employer had ergonomic doctors come and gauge each employee’s posture to ensure we were comfortable and the items the doctors recommended my employer immediately provided. The salary, incentives and everything in between are some of my favorite parts of being a Kobian.

Cons

I know it's always good to leave feedback in this area but I can only say so far so good!

1 person found this review helpful