Kobie Marketing Reviews

2.9
Kobie Marketing CEO Bram Hechtkopf
Bram Hechtkopf
Pros
Cons
  • "Some disconnection between departments and some transitional "growing pains"(in 9 reviews)

• "We had to do a virtual training because no one at the location I am in knew anything about the campaign that we were going to be taking calls for(in 6 reviews)

1. "One of the best"

Former Employee - Finance

I worked at Kobie Marketing full-time

Pros

This was one of the most positively impactful companies that I ever worked for. The team was nearly perfect.

Cons

Sometimes the workload got the best of us.

"Loyalty company with no loyalty"

2.0
    Former Employee - Supervisor

I worked at Kobie Marketing full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Offer free fruit and massages.

Cons

Unreasonable attendance policy, blatant favoritism. Kobie has potential however they need to trust in their people more and listen to them, they may find they have valuable input. The Contact Center has made strides in growth and job performance, however they continue to turn a deaf ear to any real issues. Upper management picks the easy fights and likes to place blame on the rest of leadership. Complete lack of organization and the mentality of " just do as your told" helps keep the Contact Center's morale low.

3. "Retention is low"

4.0
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Irving, TX

I worked at Kobie Marketing part-time for less than a year

Pros

You have a simple job without any major consequences if you mess up

Cons

It is soul suckingly boring to take 100 customer service calls a day

Continue reading

"They hire you and don't know what to do with you"

Former Employee - Software Engineer

I worked at Kobie Marketing full-time for more than a year

Pros

Location and some people. The nice and talented people tend not to stay there for long. HR first day orientation is really good, but even the HR people are leaving the company since they're able to see all these problems (mostly on countless exit interviews), but can't do nothing about it. The good HR people I knew there are all gone already.

Cons

A huge crowd of absolutelly useless "executives". They have like 1 director or "VP" for every 10 employees in the company. The consequence is a bunch of useless executives that do nothing but walking around and preventing the talented people to do their jobs. They are good at attracting talents, given their location, but as soon as they hire you, they'll have no idea of what to do with you. The incompetence of the leadership (mostly the executives, as mentioned above) is incredibly evident and it's amazing how the CEO can't see this. Some teams are overloaded while other teams do nothing, exposing again how terrible leadership overall is. The turnover is the highest I've ever seen in my life. The incapactity this company has on retaining their talents is absurd. As a consequence, the incompetent/accommodated employees tend to stay around while the good ones leave. If you're an IT professional, remember: This is a MARKETING company and any IT initiative will NOT be prioritize. So, if you're an IT professional willing to have a a career, don't waste your time there.

Continue reading

"Cuture of Harassment and bullying"

Former Employee - Software Developer

I worked at Kobie Marketing full-time for more than a year

Pros

They offer a somewhat flexible work schedule.

Cons

Kobie Marketing fosters a culture of rampant harassment and bullying (both verbal and physical) which is not taken seriously by management, HR, or senior leadership. If you are female or lgbtq; be prepared to be mistreated. If you go to HR they will tell you about non retaliation laws, however, they do take this seriously and do not stop managers from retaliation against their direct reports. Kobie Marketing could be a really great place to work if they actually cared about their employees and curtailed behaviors which drive talent away.

"Kobie overall"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at Kobie Marketing full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Best work life balance I've ever had, and work from home options, casual dress with jeans, friendly staff and enjoy who I work with. Kobie has fun events with happy hours, holiday party, activities, training and development if you make it a priority, good culture. There has been a new president in 2019 and she is making positive improvements! I'm not going to list pros and cons of specific jobs because all roles are different. Ask that yourself if you are interviewing, make sure you like the responsibilities listed, and if you are here then have open communication with your manager on things you like or don't or want. Kobie is willing to work with you (but it can be a challenge) if you do a good job, show interest and initiative - push, put in the extra mile, are a positive person.

Cons

Lack of communication from cross-departments. Poor recruiting. Do not rely on a bonus.

"Kobie Marketing"

4.0
    Former Employee - Quality Assurance Specialist

I worked at Kobie Marketing full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great networking opportunities for self-starters looking to move-up in the company.

Cons

Lack of growth opportunities, and a sense of career growth.

"Stuck in the Past"

Former Employee - Manager in Saint Petersburg, FL

I worked at Kobie Marketing full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

If you want a job with flexible work/life balance this is your place Efforts are made to make day to day work life nice like free food/etc. The office is nice with good views and downtown location Really great people who bond over the outrageous culture Some teams operate really well

Cons

Not a "Client first" mentality which causes it to be hard to produce anything truly remarkable for a client Dismissive of new ideas/thoughts/strategies Traditional, unengaged CEO, who you will hear and see but he won't take on tough matters or get into the thick of it with anyone below "leadership" CEO will only truly listen to certain people but he will sit and amuse you Hard to have a long-term career here without someone to protect you from "Leadership." Truly a chess match on who to align/associate yourself with in any given situation and this tends to matter MUCH more than the work produced If you are young in your career, you will not find coaching easily, the ones that try really hard to coach you have other motives

Continue reading

"Great People, Unlimited Potential!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at Kobie Marketing full-time for less than a year

Pros

People care about each other Leaders continuously working on culture New technology moving the business forward You get to work on programs that you interact with every day in your day to day life Competitive pay and benefits Lots of different areas to grow into from a career perspective - Tech, Client Services, Consulting, Creative, Marketing, HR, Finance, Analytics

Cons

Tons of growth created temporary growing pains which are getting better every day!

"Zero growth opportunities, unprofessional environment"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

I worked at Kobie Marketing full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible work schedule, unlimited vacation if you make it that far

Cons

Almost everything. For a company that specializes in loyalty, they aren't very loyal. Suggestions & leads passed onto management were either ignored or passed off as her own. Typical salesman type of leadership: over promise, under deliver. It is clear senior management and owner only cares about bottom line, if sales are lacking or their bonuses are on the line, the solution is a lay off. No cohesiveness between departments, it almost felt like a competition. Probably the most unprofessional environment I have ever been a part of.

Found 103 reviews