Kubrick Group Reviews

Updated 25 Feb 2021

Kubrick Group Managing Partner Simon Walker
Simon Walker
Pros
  • "Exposure to senior leaders while on client site(in 7 reviews)

• "Great training, the content is high-quality and all the trainers are friendly/helpful(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "Data is such a fast moving industry, but at Kubrick they keep up(in 15 reviews)

• "Often hard to feel like part of the company once on Client Site(in 10 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. Featured Review

"Fast paced, slightly chaotic but ultimately rewarding"

Current Employee - Data Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Kubrick Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Great culture - Career support and guidance - Continual learning experience - Lots of self guided learning

Cons

- Often hard to feel like part of the company once on Client Site. - Depending on background, some aspects of the training program are occasionally not given enough time.

2. "Good employer"

I worked at Kubrick Group full-time

Pros

Good Training provided. Very Broad.

Cons

The usual. Training could be more specific and less broad. But you learn loads in a short period

3. "Great Experience"

Current Employee - Business Data Analyst in London, England

I have been working at Kubrick Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Our mission is to increase the size and diversity of the Data and AI workforce by building pipelines of highly trained consultants that help organisations transform to reach their full potential.

Cons

We create highly-trained Data Engineering, Management, Product and Machine Learning Consultants who are fully-equipped to help organisations overcome their business and technology challenges.

Continue reading
  4. "Data Management Consultant"

Current Employee - Data Management Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Kubrick Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Friendly culture from day 1. Everyone is approachable and you can message anyone across Kubrick. - Excellent training, Although it is intense because every week or two you dive deep into a different topic, it is very valuable at the end when everything comes together. -Scrum team groups encourage you to learn from each other and learn how to collaborate over different projects. You have your team to count on to message when you have questions and have a nice discussion. -You get paid while you are trained in skills that are highly demanded in the current market. -Webinars on different topics that you may find interesting and it is an opportunity to learn more about! - Huge career opportunities to work with blue-chip clients! They value the skills you will develop while training as they are limited out there.

Cons

- The potential of relocating but lets be honest, this is clear from the start. All consultancies require their employees to be flexible to travel but the value of the experience is much greater! Kubrick is transparent with this issue throughout the application process. - Some trainers may rush to get through the content and not much time is given for the trainee to digest the content but you can always message the trainer asking to slow down or explaining some concepts again. They are always willing to help you out !!

Continue reading
  5. "great way to accelerate your career in data"

Current Employee - Data Management Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Kubrick Group full-time

Pros

- The training programs are extensive and hugely valuable, and trainers are very engaging and helpful - Wide variety of streams to pursue, each of which specialise in different areas - Client base is fantastic - huge variety of industries and some very exciting opportunities - good support network throughout your time on client site

Cons

- Little say in which client you go to when you finish training. It is mostly based off strategic demand - Your performance in training doesn't influence how quickly you get placed, just the client itself, so you may be waiting a while for Kubrick to find a role which meets your skillset. - The training is quite intense, and requires a lot of hard work and discipline, but very rewarding if you put the work in - You must stay with the company for at least 2 years once training is finished

"Excellent training"

Current Employee - Machine Learning Engineer in London, England

I have been working at Kubrick Group full-time

Pros

Really in depth training with fantastic trainers

Cons

Poor communication skills and quite an opaque view of internal processes

"Incredible start to a career in data"

Current Employee - Data Engineer in Cambridge, England

I have been working at Kubrick Group full-time

Pros

Supportive client managers Good reputation with client Paid training Excellent 4-month training program Regularly touch base while on site

Cons

Not certain that you'll get a client you like. If you're not willing to stick that out for 2 years it's not for you

8. "Hopefully you won't be as 'unlucky' as me"

Current Employee - Data Engineer in London, England

I have been working at Kubrick Group full-time

Pros

Could be a good step up into the industry... but it's a waiting game.

Cons

Told only 1 or 2 members of the cohort would be on the bench after the training. In reality 11/24 of mine was, 22/26 of the next stream to end was. 4 weeks on 7 of us still on the bench. The next DE cohort are being placed before us even though they still have 5 weeks of training.

Kubrick Group Response

February 24, 2021Engagement and Communications Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, and I am sorry to hear you are still waiting to be placed. Although we aim to assign consultants to clients by the end of training, this is not always possible for numerous reasons. If you are on the bench, we ensure you are assigned internal projects which allow you to apply your newly-acquired skillset. We also encourage ongoing development at every opportunity so it should not be seen as a waiting game, but rather a chance to build your skills and understanding before you embark on your first assignment. In terms of the order of placement, we match consultants against the roles we deem most suitable, meaning there are occasions where some consultants may be placed before others. If you haven't already done so, I strongly encourage you to contact our Head of Readiness, or Data Lab Coordinator for more information on this. Alternatively, please feel free to utilise one of our many feedback channels or speak to another member of the People Team at any point. Thanks

"Attentive, Flexible & Rewarding"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Kubrick Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Direct/immediate access to senior management - Designated relationship manager for any queries - Diverse range of projects in terms of industry and nature of role

Cons

- Sometimes may take client feedback at face value - Would benefit from maintaining more regular personal contact with consultants

Continue reading

"Great place to start a career"

Former Employee - Big Data Engineer in London, England

I worked at Kubrick Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good training and transparency of business model

Cons

Can be disorganised at some moments. A couple of annoying members of staff

Viewing 1 - 10 of 109 English Reviews