Kura Employee Reviews about "working for kura"

Updated 21 Nov 2020

4.2
Kura CEO Brian Bannatyne
Brian Bannatyne
Pros
  • "Good handling of moving to working from home after the current covid-19 outbreak(in 106 reviews)

• "They dealt with the COVID-19 pandemic very efficiently by creating home working solutions(in 51 reviews)

Cons
  • "There are no cons working for kura(in 17 reviews)

• "However, the training aspect doesn’t help because you learn nothing when you get onto the call centre floor(in 10 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "working for kura"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Overall a good place to work"

Current Employee - Pod Advisor in Glasgow, Scotland

I have been working at Kura full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

They made working from home easy

Cons

No cons on working for kura

2. COVID-19

"Mixed Bag"

2.0
    • Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Glasgow, Scotland

I have been working at Kura full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good Pay Car insurance campaign was good with lots of development time and ways to improve. Covid response, CEO told all clients that no one should go into the office to protect the people working for kura and gave full pay during this time. CEO gives a weekly communication, really gives an insight on whats going on in the business. Better than all the other outsourcers when it comes to development, on most campaigns you will get 30 minutes each week coaching with your manager, 30 mins prep every month for a 121 and an hour for your actual 121 every 2 months.

Cons

30 Min Lunch - not bad but could be improved Energy campaign in glasgow is really bad, not had coaching in over 2 months, manager constantly sending aggressive emails asking for stats to be better, too many targets that mean nothing like transfer rate(if you get a call you cant deal with , you need to transfer it lets be honest), customer call back within 14 days it goes against you( customer could call back about something totally unrelated). No trust in agents in glasgow utilities campaign, everything needs to authorized like advances, transfers and complaints which adds to the call time which you are targetted on.

3. "Kura Scottish power"

Current Employee - Customer Service in Glasgow, Scotland

I have been working at Kura full-time for less than a year

Pros

ive Currently been working for kura for a couple of months now and my experience so far has been amazing. Training is fun, when I got onto the call floor I was put at ease straight away with all the support given to me, from working at the office to working from home was at first difficult to adapt to it has been made a lot easier by the amount of support I have received, with online training and someone to contact whenever needed.

Cons

Can be stressful at times, but given a lot of support.

4. "Kura"

5.0
    Current Employee - Customer Service Advisor in Sunderland, North East England, England

I have been working at Kura full-time

Pros

I have been working for Kura for 6 months now and it is one of the best places i have worked. Management are really supportive & always pushing you to be the best. They are always putting on incentives for the agents to keep moral up. There are also so many opportunities for progression within the company. The pay is amazing for the work we do. There is always a lot of overtime available which is great if you need a little extra money. I have always felt fully supported & pushed to be the best i can be by my manager & support & i love working for Kura would highly recommend.

Cons

Holiday availability is usually quite limited & the canteen is very expensive for the quality of food.

5. COVID-19

"Excellent job!"

Current Employee - Customer Service Advisor in Liverpool, England

I have been working at Kura full-time

Pros

I have been working for Kura for over six months now and it’s a great place to work, during the current Covid 19 pandemic they have been extra supportive ensuring all their staff are set up working from home on full pay! My team manager has been there for me whenever I have needed her!

Cons

No canteen, but lots of fridge space and microwaves.

"A truthful review"

2.0
    Current Employee - Customer Service

I have been working at Kura full-time

Pros

Some manager's are more helpful than others, some will push you to achieve your goals. Also good perks.

Cons

There's more than meets the eye when working for Kura. There are managers who only care about themselves and their friends in the workplace. The place is riddled with bullying and unprofessional persons in high positions, who often don't know what to do in a situation but will get on your case if you haven't filled in a survey.

Continue reading
  7. "Great company to work for!"

Current Employee - Customer Service Advisor in Glasgow, Scotland

I have been working at Kura full-time for less than a year

Pros

Kura has been very supportive through this difficult time and made such an effort to ensure everyone is paid, kept updated and safe during this time. They understand how stressful this can be and have done everything they can to reassure everyone. They paid us early last month to ensure people did not struggle, they spent time ensuring equipment was delivered to all staff that are able to work from home and took everyone’s circumstances in to consideration. I could not not recommend them enough to work for and have been amazed by how well the company has worked together throughout this process. There has been teething issues with set up etc which was to be expected but these issues have been resolved efficiently with contact from the IT team.

Cons

There is no cons to working for Kura

8. "Kura"

4.0
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Forres, Scotland

I have been working at Kura full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have been working at Kura for just under 3 years and have found working for them rather enjoyable, most are the managers are really helpful, I have been able to volunteer for volunteer days, be part of an employee forum, and have been asked to perform different tasks, not just on the phone but I have been asked to do back office work, also overtime is available regularly. At the moment we are working from home, which is a challenge in itself, but it's not been that much different than being at work, still have regular contact with manager. There has been a new intranet system that has been launched recently and it has been great for getting updates from CEO and other higher managers, it's a little bit like a social media site, we can comment on posts, like them, add information into out profiles and a picture too, it also gives us easier access some of the sites we use at work that we don't always have time to check like cascade.

Cons

Sometimes there are moments where it's not enjoyable working for Kura, like being payed weekly for overtime (can be changed if you speak to a manager) being made to work time back for an issue out of your control.

9. COVID-19

"Good place to work"

4.0
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Liverpool, England

I have been working at Kura full-time

Pros

There are many pros working for Kura, the management is good, there are regular training sessions and 1:1 sessions with the team manager to help you progress and develop on your skills. The manager i had last before moving to a new team was very considerate and genuienely nice, he does his best to manage his team and is very supportive of his team members. The people at Kura are very supportive and helpful, all the staff are helpful in some way or another. During the unprecedented times of the Covid-19 outbreak and lockdown, the management was very supportive and helped provide home working solutions to most of the staff. Those who could not work from home were furloughed and to even further support their staff, Kura covered the remaining 20% pay for their staff to ensure no one was out of pocket during these stressful times. Along with that they have provided regular updates with what will be happening once the lockdown is lifted and how they will manage to keep the company on track until then. Kura offer support for all their employees and I feel like i can trust the staff to be helpful and understanding when i need to turn to them for help and support. Kura is a good place to work and there are many new skills to be learnt which come with great experience.

Cons

There are not many cons for working at Kura, other than it can be difficult to get through to someone from kura or management from time to time when faced with challenging technical issues in my experience from trying to set up the homeworking solution. However, they did get in touch not long after and the issues were resolved. The schedules are often random when it comes to breaks - mainly with them being scheduled at strange times, leaving longer periods between your first break and lunch or lunch and your second break. Besides those points, I would reccomend this job to others.

Continue reading
  10. "Great place to work"

5.0
    Current Employee - Escalation Support Advisor in Sunderland, North East England, England

I have been working at Kura full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Kura is a great place to work! You get the recognition you deserve and it’s a company thats NOT all about the money! With the current health crisis they have done EVERYTHING they possibly can do with getting people to work from home so us employees can have a stable and steady income and not put us into financial difficulties With regards to the pay, this has been increased, TWICE, need I say more? Management are always upbeat (if a little stressed at times, but hey, that’s what happens when you have to deal with reports and stats on a daily basis) The KURA community (employees) are always upbeat and are a great bunch to work with, a lot of people say “it’s not who you work for it’s who you work with”, well with KURA it’s both! So points to take away from working for KURA 1.recognition 2.its all about the people 3.how they have dealt with the current crisis 4.the pay 5.the management 6 the employees

Cons

None that I can think of and I’ve worked here for nearly 6 years (that says something about them as a company, don’t you think?)

Viewing 1 - 10 of 32 English Reviews