Kurt Geiger Employee Reviews about "area manager"

Updated 12 Jul 2020

Kurt Geiger CEO Neil Clifford (no image)
Neil Clifford
Pros
  • "Good incentives, we won lots of free shoes(in 36 reviews)

• "a lot of free shoes and good discount(in 33 reviews)

Cons
  • "Shoes are poorly made and management/head office do not care about staff(in 26 reviews)

• "your lucky if you get a nice area manager(in 19 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "area manager"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Lovely company"

5.0
    Former Employee - Supervisor

I worked at Kurt Geiger full-time for less than a year

Pros

- The most supportive manager - Would constantly be seeing the area manager and other managers - Exciting training scheme

Cons

- Due to a shortage of management in other concessions you would have to cover other stores quite a bit

"The worst company to work for with bullying higher management"

Former Employee - Branch Manager

I worked at Kurt Geiger full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The team you work with which higher management make you bully out if they don’t hit unrealistic ridiculous targets when the stores are empty

Cons

Everything is a con Area manager- nothing other than a bully. Who would want you to bully staff out for no valid reasoning. Would regularly bad mouth staff on loud speaker to HR which was considered funny. The worst person you could ever work for in every possible way. Ridiculous targets regardless of minimal footfall. If your area manager didn’t like a staff member they would intimidate and bully them out of there position. Too many cons to actually write.

Continue reading

"Worst company I have ever, and will ever work for"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Bristol, England

I worked at Kurt Geiger full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Quick to promote Always extra hours going

Cons

Lack of support from higher management Area managers don't give any worthwhile support, tell you to do better without giving you any support when you need it/ask for it. Very little care for people at the bottom of the food chain (in the actual stores) Didn't get paid for about 90% of the extra hours I worked Was required to work 12 hour days, 6 days a week as that was 'my responsibility' Declined 4/5 of my holiday requests Terrible staff turnover Area managers have clear favourite stores - which doesn't do anything for morale!

4. "EVERYTHING BUT THE DREAM"

2.0
    Former Employee - Key Holder in Birmingham, England

I worked at Kurt Geiger full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

50% off..and free shoes for uniform (take them home after 3 months) and some OK incentives from head office and area manager.

Cons

After working for the company for many years (have no idea why I stayed so long) I guess rent and It became too comfortable staying there!!! As much as kg evolves I love how they want the customer experience to be high end. But yet they want you to work like dogs. And the new ba booklet system is a joke. Are we back in school? There's many other ways to educate staff and team build. But it's time consuming and awkward. Not only do we have to "shine" on the shop floor, but we have to be doing delivery, transfers taking calls being on conference and the list goes on. And all this can be on a day with just two people (they don't care if you can't take a break) Hardly any support if you need anything outside your own store. your lucky if you get a nice area manager. But I wouldn't even recommend 0-4 hour contract. Theres little things I can take from my experience working there made a best friend for life, and met some amazing people but I finally got out and I feel free. No more stickers bull dog clips and pressure.

"an inhumane cult"

I worked at Kurt Geiger full-time

Pros

there are no pros to this company.

Cons

having to work alone without days off or lunch breaks -inhumane! bullying and harassment- you can get a disciplinary for not changing a sticker or not sending an email on time despite having no breaks or staff a robotic mystery shop culture which leads to people being fired - nobody wants to be asked what the weather is like outside. no praise ever the most horrific area manager extremely unreasonable workload which leads to most staff members becoming ill and leaving- again inhumane! No holidays because there's never anyone to cover them so you end up losing your allowance

"Don’t work for them!"

I have been working at Kurt Geiger full-time

Pros

Staff discount is the only good thing

Cons

Management are awful(mainly area Manager) They will bully you to leave if you make one mistake or they just simply don’t like you. I’ve watched the area manager cause staff members to have mental break downs, such a vile place to work

Kurt Geiger Response

December 3, 2018Senior HR Manager

We value all feedback in order to continue to find ways to improve working at Kurt Geiger, an environment that so many of our team members love. These are not the standards or values upheld by Kurt Geiger and we are surprised to hear this feedback. Please can you email helpdesk.recruitment@kurtgeiger.com so we can discuss your concerns further.

7. "Thoroughly enjoy my job !"

5.0
    Current Employee - Dual Site Store Manager in Lincoln, England

I have been working at Kurt Geiger full-time for less than a year

Pros

An area manager that is supportive ! Great support network from other managers. Bonus if hit target every month ! Good communication. Logical work loads.

Cons

1 week training could have been longer but a lot you learn on the job tbf.

8. "Branch manager"

I worked at Kurt Geiger

Pros

The discount! That is really it! HR are really good!

Cons

Dreadful area managers! Poor communication! Poor support to branch managers! Especially when they are pregnant! (Disgusting) Unreachable targets! Which is demotivating for staff! No support what so ever for staff in stores!

Continue reading

"Worst company I have ever worked for"

Former Employee - Sales Assistant in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Kurt Geiger part-time for less than a year

Pros

Stores are occasionally located in desirable areas

Cons

- bad pay - rubbish discount - awful customers - area managers are incredibly strict and rude

Continue reading

"Good ethics but poor management"

2.0

I worked at Kurt Geiger full-time

Pros

Enjoyed working with the employees in store and even the store manager, the environment was friendly and made you want to go to work everyday. The company had good incentives in place which created healthy competition between stores and employees. The company were also big on allowing any employee who wanted to develop their knowledge and skills, they put tools in place for employees to work their way up. Company have good staff discount, and I particularly enjoy the training sessions that we had every month.

Cons

The area manager for the north, was genuinely the most horrific human I have ever had to deal with. I don’t know one employee in the company that had a good work to say about her, and I know a lot of store managers that left purely because of how she handled and dealt with people. This was unfortunate as we had another area manager before her who was much more supportive and motivating. Now I have myself worked as a manager and worked under numerous managers in different work places and I understand that as a manager you have to be firm but fair but this particular AM was just firm and unfair. She had absolutely no people skills, and talked to people like they were nothing. She used to make you dread going into work if you knew she was visiting the store. She made no positive impact on the store and team and instead of motivating you (which any good manager does), she had the opposite effect and made you feel deflated and not want to work. I did want to progress in the company after I had been running a store for a short time but the AMs attitude and behaviour eventually made me give up the position and then leave to work for another company.

Kurt Geiger Response

April 23, 2018Head Office Recruiter

Hi, Thank you for your review. We value all feedback in order to continue to find ways to improve working at Kurt Geiger, an environment that so many of our team members love. Please can you email HRHELPDESK@kurtgeiger.com so we can understand your concerns further.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 23 English Reviews