L'Oréal Canada Reviews

"Marketing Assistant"

Current Employee - Marketing Assistant in Montreal, QC
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at L'Oréal full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Great starting salary - Fun and open environment - If you have passion for the industry, you will be amazed at what goes on behind the scenes - Option to work from home during the year - Finish at 3pm on Fridays in the fall/winter and 12:30pm on Fridays in the summer - Great benefits

Cons

- Barely anyone finished at 5pm -- Sometimes you notice, sometimes you don't. But it evens out when you get to leave early on Fridays, so there's no complaining there. If you love your team, staying later isn't as bad as people make it seem.

L'Oréal2018-03-14

April 16, 2018L'Oréal Talent Team

Dear colleague , Thanks for sharing your great feedback. We are glad you really define exactely what the journey with l’oréal is like . When passionate and amazing people come together as Team, the magic happens. We are very glad to hear you appreciate the early Friday leaves, you deserve it! Yang.

"Fast-moving & Challenging but mostly nurturing"

Current Employee - Commercial Trainee in Montreal, QC

I have been working at L'Oréal full-time for less than a year

Pros

Dynamic team Wide range of potential growth Young culture Several projects conducted simultaneously

Cons

Big business also means slow operational change in time of need

L'Oréal2018-03-07

April 5, 2018L'Oréal Talent Team

Dear Colleague, thanks for taking time to share your feedback. We are glad that you are experiencing some positives. Our cuture is to share the beauty with all and empower billions of people to be self-worth every day. That’s why we surround ourselves with other dynamic, potential and diverse 82 600 people to lead the Beauty innovation to the next level for all across 34 international brands and 140 countries. Yang.

"Great Training Ground for New Grads!"

Current Employee - Commercial Management Trainee in Toronto, ON

I have been working at L'Oréal full-time for more than a year

Pros

L'Oreal was a great training place for new grads. Having been part of the commercial management trainee program, I was able to learn much about the retail landscape managing my own territory as well as get AC Nielsen training & insights from the KAM's. There was a lot of flexibility being on the road - a role that was less stressful than my marketing/finance counterparts. Benefits were great.

Cons

Although I never experienced it first hand, it seems that my marketing counterparts were often overworked or unhappy. Sales generally thrived in the fast paced L'Oreal environment.

L'Oréal2018-03-09

April 5, 2018L'Oréal Talent Team

Dear Colleague , Thanks for sharing your feedback . We’re so glad you have such positive experience. . If you feel like your work and life are getting out of balance consistently, please do connect with your Manager to discuss how you can make this better work for you. Perhaps there are flexible working opportunities which could help. Thank you , Yang.

"A doctor for me and my family whenever I need one!! What??????"

Current Employee - Director in Montreal, QC

I have been working at L'Oréal full-time

Pros

Always keep raising the bar and reinvent! L'Oreal employees have access to on-line doctor. You just sign in register, then you speak to a nurse you can be given an apt within the same day or are connected right away. The doctor acctualy takes time to discuss with you . Then does his diagnosis and sends the perscritpion your your pharmacy! I mean I did this twice at the comfort of my home saved my so much TIME and worry! My pediatrician was only avialble 3 days afterwards. I can't say enough about this service. Thank you L'Oreal now that makes my life so much easier!!!!!!!

Cons

There is always room for improvement.

L'Oréal2018-02-09
  5. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Montreal, QC

I have been working at L'Oréal full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good Carreer and Training opportunities Challenging place where you can develop yourself Leading sustainable company

Cons

Needs to be dedicated and implicated as an employee

L'Oréal2018-01-29

February 2, 2018L'Oréal Talent Team

Dear colleague, yes we agree that L’Oréal is a great place to work. Especially as there are many training opportunities for you to develop professionally. Thank you for your dedication and best of luck, Yang

6. "Regulatory Affairs"

Current Employee - Regulatory Affairs in Montreal, QC

I have been working at L'Oréal full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Very dynamic company, #1 position in the market,

Cons

Workload was an issue but has been mostly resolved in the last years

L'Oréal2018-01-24

February 2, 2018L'Oréal Talent Team

Dear colleague, Thanks for taking time to submit a review. I’m glad you see the progression in work life balance, we are constantly rethinking our Share & Care policies to best adapt to our peoples’ needs. Have a good day. Yang

7. "Finance"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at L'Oréal full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Career opportunities, many perks, training, dynamic teams, creative

Cons

Human ressources can sometimes treat you like a number since it is a big company

L'Oréal2018-01-20

February 2, 2018L'Oréal Talent Team

Dear former colleague, yes we all agree that L’Oréal is a place where you work with very dynamic, creative & empowered people but at the same time they are open, fun & curious. We strive to foster many career opportunities, trainings& benefits. In the end, you are well learned, informed & inspired to carry on in your profession. Thank you for submitting a review and sharing your past experiences. We really value it. We wish you a very successful career.Yang

"Non-Stop"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC

I worked at L'Oréal full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Exposure to a wide-ranging set of technologies and experiences

Cons

The pay is a bit below market value

L'Oréal2018-01-14

February 2, 2018L'Oréal Talent Team

Dear former colleague, we are delighted that you shared your past working experiences. Thank you for your great feedback. We really value it. We wish you a successful career. Yang

"Group Manager"

2.0
    Current Employee - Group Manager in Montreal, QC

I have been working at L'Oréal full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The people that work here for the most part (barring HR and top management) are great! You have the opportunity to work on some pretty cool projects. Location of office is amazing and very central.

Cons

You are only as good as your last presentation. Your managers and HR are constantly judging you and putting you in categories- Fast track? Poor performer? Be prepared to play politics...hard. If you don’t want to play the game-get out. Bravo you’ve been promoted to a new division. Not really. Now you have to re-prove yourself all over again. I’ve heard it over and over again - everyone is replaceable. Nope you aren’t special. Sorry. Transparency is not king. Everything is hush hush. Rumours are constantly flying.

L'Oréal2017-12-03

"Very unhealthy + Extreme workload + Bullying"

1.0
    Former Employee - Product Manager in Montreal, QC

I worked at L'Oréal full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Good on your CV - Learn to be a slave, so all your future jobs with seem easy - Bonus and benefits are good

Cons

- Bullying, cliques of people - No work-life balance and extreme workload - No humanity, you are a number and always replaceable - They only care about numbers, not about the employees - Not ethical, even though they claim to be - HR does not care about you, they listen to the higher ups. - You will work weekends all the time and it is never enough. - If you divide your salary with the amount of hours, you make less than minimum salary - Prepare yourself for international VP visits during which you will not sleep for over a month - Only for extraverts, A type personalities. - They want everyone to be the same, they do not focus on strengths.

L'Oréal2017-11-09