L'Oréal Reviews in Canada | Glassdoor.co.uk

L'Oréal CEO Jean-Paul Agon
Jean-Paul Agon
  1. "Finance"

I worked at L'Oréal full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Career opportunities, many perks, training, dynamic teams, creative

Cons

Human ressources can sometimes treat you like a number since it is a big company

L'Oréal2018-01-20

February 2, 2018L'Oréal Talent Team

Dear former colleague, yes we all agree that L’Oréal is a place where you work with very dynamic, creative & empowered people but at the same time they are open, fun & curious. We strive to foster many career opportunities, trainings& benefits. In the end, you are well ...

"Non-Stop"

I worked at L'Oréal full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Exposure to a wide-ranging set of technologies and experiences

Cons

The pay is a bit below market value

Advice to Management

I would strongly recommend reducing the large gap in career development between the business and IT

L'Oréal2018-01-14

February 2, 2018L'Oréal Talent Team

Dear former colleague, we are delighted that you shared your past working experiences. Thank you for your great feedback. We really value it. We wish you a successful career. Yang

"Group Manager"

Current Employee - Group Manager in Montreal, QC

I have been working at L'Oréal full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The people that work here for the most part (barring HR and top management) are great! You have the opportunity to work on some pretty cool projects. Location of office is amazing and very central.

Cons

You are only as good as your last presentation. Your managers and HR are constantly judging you and putting you in categories- Fast track? Poor performer? Be prepared to play politics...hard. If you don’t want to play the game-get out. Bravo you’ve been promoted to a new division. Not really. Now you have to re-prove yourself all over again. I’ve heard it over and over again - everyone is replaceable. Nope you aren’t...

Advice to Management

For some reason you are able to recruit some pretty amazing people. Treat them that way. You are spending so much energy trying to recruit new talent, what about trying to retain your old talent? No one should be allowed to belittle their employees but I have seen managers do it time and time again. Unfortunately they are still there. Their employees aren’t. Hmmm??

L'Oréal2017-12-03

"Very unhealthy + Extreme workload + Bullying"

Former Employee - Product Manager in Montreal, QC

I worked at L'Oréal full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Good on your CV - Learn to be a slave, so all your future jobs with seem easy - Bonus and benefits are good

Cons

- Bullying, cliques of people - No work-life balance and extreme workload - No humanity, you are a number and always replaceable - They only care about numbers, not about the employees - Not ethical, even though they claim to be - HR does not care about you, they listen to the higher ups. - You will work weekends all the time and it is never enough. - If you divide your salary with the amount of hours, you make...

Advice to Management

The culture of this company needs to change. Treat your employees like humans, not slaves. Care about your people. I was bullied by my own boss for 2 years and HR did nothing so I left. Ended up in a burnout. Trust me, it's NOT worth it.

L'Oréal2017-11-09
  5. "High Stress, Great Opportunities"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I have been working at L'Oréal full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

perks, products and opportunity to progress quickly. A lot of responsibility at a young age

Cons

pay below industry average, high levels of stress all the time, pressure to relocate frequently

L'Oréal2017-10-18

"Just a number"

I worked at L'Oréal full-time for more than a year

Pros

- benefits - discount - beautiful office and location - looks good on a CV - a lot of opportunity to grow

Cons

- Human Resources (not human at all) - no recognition for the work that is done - very aggressive culture.. people will do whatever they have to do to get ahead

Advice to Management

Recognize your employees who work and challenge the status quo.. not just the ones who attend the cocktail hour and know who to befriend. This is not a popularity contest. This is a business.

L'Oréal2017-10-02
  7. "Sales Coordinator"

Current Employee - Sales Coordinator in Toronto, ON
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at L'Oréal full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great benefits, early Fridays, work from home twice a month, mat leave top-up, discounts on products, working in the downtown core

Cons

Management can barely say good morning to you if you aren't at their level, HR doesn't care about your development, lack of training, in many positions there is very little work-life balance

Advice to Management

Say hello to everyone including the janitor. Realize all the people going on burnout is because you are giving them way too much. Look like you CARE about your people.

L'Oréal2017-08-28
  8. "Marketing Manager"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Montreal, QC

I have been working at L'Oréal full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Amazing company and fast growing. Very well branded.

Cons

Looking for new industry to be apart of.

Advice to Management

You're amazing and very on top of your employee needs

L'Oréal2017-08-13

"Integrated Communications LEader"

Current Employee - Integrated Communications Leader in Montreal, QC

I have been working at L'Oréal full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very dynamic, new projects, fast-pace, very nice co-workers, Intrapreneurial vision.

Cons

Work in silos, heavy internal politics, higher-management don't build teams and careers they boss around everyone without building future talents.

L'Oréal2017-06-08

"Great Opportunities + Great Learning"

Current Employee - Product Manager in Montreal, QC

I have been working at L'Oréal for more than 3 years

Pros

L`Oreal is a place where you can learn a tremendous amount You eat what you cook = you work hard, you will get rewarded The people are incredible, kind and intelligent and make coming into work a pleasure The diversity of backgrounds create a inclusive atmosphere The professional division is a great place to learn, strive and cooperate (my favorite division)

Cons

Improvement in integration in role Credit should be given where credit is due ;)

Advice to Management

Reward the managers who develop their teams and develop individuals (yes its about the numbers but its about people too)

L'Oréal2017-03-07

March 14, 2017HR Digital

First of all, thank you for giving us your insights! You’ve been part of the team for over 3 years and that speaks volumes. I love that you mentioned our diversity. It’s true we have a wide variety of people that work here. The chances are you will learn about new cultures, perspectives, ...

Found 86 reviews