L'Oréal Canada Reviews

Updated 25 May 2020

3.3
L'Oréal Chief Executive Officer Jean-Paul Agon
Jean-Paul Agon
  1. "High Stress, Great Opportunities"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I have been working at L'Oréal full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

perks, products and opportunity to progress quickly. A lot of responsibility at a young age

Cons

pay below industry average, high levels of stress all the time, pressure to relocate frequently

L'Oréal2017-10-18

"Just a number"

2.0
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at L'Oréal full-time for more than a year

Pros

- benefits - discount - beautiful office and location - looks good on a CV - a lot of opportunity to grow

Cons

- Human Resources (not human at all) - no recognition for the work that is done - very aggressive culture.. people will do whatever they have to do to get ahead

L'Oréal2017-10-02
  3. "Sales Coordinator"

Current Employee - Sales Coordinator in Toronto, ON

I have been working at L'Oréal full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great benefits, early Fridays, work from home twice a month, mat leave top-up, discounts on products, working in the downtown core

Cons

Management can barely say good morning to you if you aren't at their level, HR doesn't care about your development, lack of training, in many positions there is very little work-life balance

L'Oréal2017-08-28
  4. "Marketing Manager"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Montreal, QC

I have been working at L'Oréal full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Amazing company and fast growing. Very well branded.

Cons

Looking for new industry to be apart of.

L'Oréal2017-08-13

"Integrated Communications LEader"

Current Employee - Integrated Communications Leader in Montreal, QC

I have been working at L'Oréal full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very dynamic, new projects, fast-pace, very nice co-workers, Intrapreneurial vision.

Cons

Work in silos, heavy internal politics, higher-management don't build teams and careers they boss around everyone without building future talents.

L'Oréal2017-06-08

"Great Opportunities + Great Learning"

Product Manager in Montreal, QC

I have been working at L'Oréal for more than 3 years

Pros

L`Oreal is a place where you can learn a tremendous amount You eat what you cook = you work hard, you will get rewarded The people are incredible, kind and intelligent and make coming into work a pleasure The diversity of backgrounds create a inclusive atmosphere The professional division is a great place to learn, strive and cooperate (my favorite division)

Cons

Improvement in integration in role Credit should be given where credit is due ;)

L'Oréal2017-03-07

March 14, 2017HR Digital

First of all, thank you for giving us your insights! You’ve been part of the team for over 3 years and that speaks volumes. I love that you mentioned our diversity. It’s true we have a wide variety of people that work here. The chances are you will learn about new cultures, perspectives, and languages from the countless interactions at L’Oréal Canada. We also have a Diversity & Inclusion program which stresses the importance of inclusion and equality throughout our business. I would love to know more about your concern in regards to integration into roles. I hope that you stop by HR and chat with us to share your ideas. You’re also spot-on when it comes to being about our people – numbers guide us but our people are the driving force!

"More than a job...A Second Family"

Current Employee - General Manager in Montreal, QC

I have been working at L'Oréal full-time for more than a year

Pros

The Pleasure to work with Talented & Passionate Colleagues in Diverse Teams . The Chance to Always Grow thanks to strong investments in trainings like the 5stars Digital Upskilling. The Opportunity to have an Impact, to be an intra-preneur and lead change from day one whatever your position or age. The Possibility to have a well balanced and fulfilling Family Life and to contribute to a better world through meaningful Projects ( Sustainability & Social ).

Cons

You cannot go half way. You have to be strongly involved and work enough to succeed. Do not wait for People to tell you what to do. You would be disappoint. Be daring and make proposals. Take risks. Be ready to get feedbacks positive & negative & learn from them. There is a constant quest for Excellence that means you have to be ready to always learn & train, to do projects, undo them, to redo them better.

L'Oréal2017-04-01

"Very steep learning curve. High stress and burnout rate."

Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Montreal, QC

I worked at L'Oréal full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Learn a lot. Very good for 2-3 years. Leave after! Will not be compensated for your work/effort. Exposure to Senior Management very early.

Cons

Mostly support "type A" personalities. Very difficult for introverts. Very bad IT Management Systems. Finance is not seen as an essential player at L'Oreal.

L'Oréal2017-04-17
  9. "MARKETING ASSISTANT"

4.0
    Marketing Assistant in Montreal, QC

I have been working at L'Oréal for more than a year

Pros

You learn a lot ; lots of trainings Develops Entrepreneurship Teamwork Great opportunities Beautiful brands

Cons

Long hours Hierarchy Lots of processese to respect Stressful periods when international visits High Workload

L'Oréal2017-03-26

May 8, 2017Digital HR

It’s great to hear from one of our current employees. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. You’ve hit the 1 year mark and we’re happy to have you on the team. You mentioned that the international visits can be stressful – this is true. When our Zone leaders visit, there are times where the workload can increase. Depending how you view it, it can be a ‘pro’ or ‘con’ of the job. The ‘con’ is that there’s a lot to prepare and the leaders often require checking, double-checking, and triple-checking all of the results for the period. This is surely a tough time. The ‘pro’ is that if you’re preparing a lot for the visit, that means you’re a very valuable player on the team and your leads are depending on you because they see a lot of potential in you. Always keep in mind that we perform at our best when we’re under pressure. Pressure creates diamonds! You also mentioned entrepreneurship, which is something we pride ourselves on. The ability to take ownership over projects is something that has helped countless people develop their skills and challenged them to think differently. We’re a big company, but we do our best to move with agility and speed. If you are feeling overwhelmed please speak with your manager to share your thoughts. They should be aware of your workload and have the ability to adjust things if necessary. Keep up the good work and we hope that you add another updated review in a year to see how we’re progressing.

10. "Great Company"

Internship in Montreal, QC

I have been working at L'Oréal for less than a year

Pros

Great culture, fast paced and career opportunities.

Cons

With great projects comes great responsibilities and workload

L'Oréal2017-02-07

March 14, 2017HR Digital

You’re a fresh face at L’Oréal Canada! We’re glad to have you on board. You’re correct that great projects come with great responsibility! We strive to create a challenging, yet rewarding environment for our employees. Pushing yourself past your comfort zone is where the real innovation and breakthroughs occur. We would love to make your first of many years with us enjoyable so please let us know how we help you be more successful in your role!

Found 86 reviews