L'Oréal Internship Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Found 28 reviews

4.2
L'Oréal CEO Jean-Paul Agon
Jean-Paul Agon
  1. "Great immediate team, slightly "Freshers-week" vibe to intern community"

Former Employee - Internship in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at L'Oréal (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun, young place to work. Amazing perks like haircuts, very discounted products, and product give aways. I was working with the science & legal team and they were really lovely and kind. The work was quite varied in terms of how interesting it was, but my line manager had made such a genuine effort to ensure I spent my internship usefully

Cons

The culture amongst the interns felt quite unprofessional and at times quite immature. As a result, HR were fairly patronising to us as a cohort, which some needed, but others who were a more experienced struggled with. L'Oreal is also VERY female-dominated. There was A LOT of chat about babies, weddings and DailyMail gossip which after a bit got tiring

Advice to Management

Not much, overall had happy time during my internship

L'Oréal2019-05-29

"Marketing Internship (12 months)"

Current Employee - Marketing Internship in London, England

I have been working at L'Oréal for more than a year

Pros

Incredible responsibility and opportunity for interns to take on big projects. Really social, fun and young working environment. My team were supportive, and always made be feel empowered and valued and never 'just an intern'. Everyone really cares about the brands and being market leaders, which makes for a positive, high achieving work environment.

Cons

Lack of clear processes and structure can make it difficult to stay organised. Nothing is impossible culture can lead to extremely challenging workloads and unachievable deadlines, often interns work long hours to meet expectations. HR department provide little formal training outside of initial couple of weeks.

Advice to Management

Offer training to Interns, to ensure we continue to develop skills throughout the placement, such as time management, marketing theory, excel and data analysis trainings.

L'Oréal2017-03-13

March 20, 2017Employer Brand Specialist

Thanks for offering such a balanced review of your experience! We are very pleased to hear you were able to learn lots, and that ownership of your projects and a supportive team helped create this enriching internship. It's very useful for us to understand areas in which we can improve ...

3. "Great exprience"

Current Employee - Internship

I have been working at L'Oréal (Less than a year)

Pros

The people in my department are just great. They include me in all they're projects and activities. Great space of work.

Cons

Some of them are a bit unfriendly.

L'Oréal2019-06-10
  4. "Work environment"

Former Employee - Internship

I worked at L'Oréal (Less than a year)

Pros

good environment, nice culture, good work ethic, the most ethical company

Cons

nothing to explain, i love working here

L'Oréal2019-05-01
  5. "LOOKING FOR A INTERNSHIP IN YOUR ORGANISATION"

Current Employee - Internship in Hyderābād

I have been working at L'Oréal (Less than a year)

Pros

I really believe that loreal is a very promising organization.And working there as an intern would lay the best foundation for every candidate.

Cons

I really think that the company may make some changes to be back in the right track.

Advice to Management

I really believe that Management is the heart core of every organisation.This is what that decides the future. It should make sure that everything happens according to the pre-determined standards. And for this,it should come up with strategic plans from time to time.

L'Oréal2019-01-24
    • "Communication Intern"

Former Employee - Internship in Shanghai, Shanghai

I worked at L'Oréal full-time

Pros

corporation culture, great social network, scientific office methods,

Cons

interminable approval procedure, unbalance of sex rate

Advice to Management

simplify the approval procedure and strengthen the communication efficiency.

L'Oréal2018-05-28

June 12, 2018L'Oréal Talent Team

Dear former colleague, Thnak you for your review. We are glad you enjoyed our culture and office. We have the great social network because of our open and passionate evironment . Wishing you a very successful career in life .Yang.

• "Great work environment"

Former Employee - Internship in Beirut

I worked at L'Oréal

Pros

Very positive work environment. Everyone wants you to succeed, and helps each other out. The employees are mostly young, enthusiastic about their work and very driven.

Cons

Over hours are not payed and can often add up.

L'Oréal2017-12-30

February 2, 2018L'Oréal Talent Team

Dear former colleague, Thanks for your feedback. We are very committed to creating a very open, positive and transparent environment where everyone succeeds professionally. Please feel free to share more feedbacks on how we can improve. Thank you again. Yang

• "HR intern"

Current Employee - Internship in Cairo

I have been working at L'Oréal (Less than a year)

Pros

the environment is very friendly the employees are so helpful

Cons

the company is flexible and fast changing

L'Oréal2017-09-10
    • "Intern"

Former Employee - Internship in Montreal, QC

I worked at L'Oréal

Pros

- Great exposure to brands and their initiatives - Large responsibility placed upon you to perform and own the brand - Great team members, extremely supportive and pushing you to perform even better - Great group of interns and bonding experiences - Large expansive network across Montreal, Toronto, Vancouver, and France - Impact of projects are immense - Level of engagement with high-level management was incredibly...

Cons

- Reduce formal meetings, increase informal chats or increase use of internal messaging systems

Advice to Management

- Increase collaboration with entry-level staff - More initiatives to create bridge between French and Canadian culture

L'Oréal2017-08-23
    • "Internship Stint"

Current Employee - Internship in Mumbai

I have been working at L'Oréal (Less than a year)

Pros

A very open minded culture, always encourages you to think out of the box and brainstorm. There is something different to learn from each an every person in the organisation which transforms you into a much better individual. The importance they give to their employees and the integrity with which the teams work always strike a personal cord and make you fall in love with the company. Proud to part of such a company.

Cons

There aren't any downsides whatsoever.

L'Oréal2017-04-25

June 28, 2017Corporate HR Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad to know that you found your internship experience enriching and immersed yourself in our unique culture. Regards,Ojaswini

Found 28 reviews