L'Oréal Marketing Reviews

Jean-Paul Agon
  1. "Internship"

Former Intern - Product Marketing Intern in Vienna

I worked at L'Oréal for less than a year

Pros

Responsibility from day one, room to grow, possibility to stay, a lot of great colleagues, great pay for an internship

Cons

Sometimes I would have wished for more responsible tasks

2. "Good but not great"

Former Intern - Marketing Project Management in Paris

I worked at L'Oréal

Pros

Many employee benefits, office in Levallois offers a great space and fosters networking. People are generally nice and friendly, very great company culture (on paper)

Cons

Very hierarchical, people will behave accoriding to their title rather than to who you are. Ideas are hard to push forward when you have 4+ people above you with right to veto.

"Great Industry Exposure, Terrible Management Values"

Former Intern - Brand Marketing Intern in New York, NY

I worked at L'Oréal for less than a year

Pros

Access to resources and industry expertise; opportunity to work on multiple brands

Cons

Highly political; career growth is not merit based; passive aggressive management; HR is all useless and unprofessional

Continue reading
  4. "Salary - Manager Role"

Current Employee - Trade Marketing Manager in Manila, Manila

I have been working at L'Oréal full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

we have flexible work hours

Cons

prone to burnout because everything's urgent

5. COVID-19

"Doesn't Care about Employees"

2.0
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at L'Oréal full-time for more than a year

Pros

Let me start out by saying that I am thrilled that (so far) I have not heard of any layoffs as a result of Covid, that can't be overlooked. The company is fast paced, and I have learned a ton in my time here and am lucky to work on a team with some really great people.

Cons

Covid-19 has taught me this company does not care about its employees. When New York started shutting down, we were the LAST people to be told to work from home, and originally it was only for about 4 days. Finally the shut down came and we were told to WFH but were given NO idea about what a return to work timeline would look like. My team did not miss a beat in the WFH transition, and to be honest most if not all marketing jobs in the organization can be done from home. Consistently people asked about returning to work (to which no information was given) because there was a universal feeling it would be too early which turned out to be correct. We were told to return start June 29th despite an INCREDIBLE amount of employee outcry. The reasons being (based on a ridiculous email sent by the CEO) about us "not being creative" outside the office and needing to “feel and touch and smell beauty products" in order to do our jobs. Many people are upset and scared and uncomfortable and senior management simply doesn't care, and have literally been sending out what I can only refer to as propaganda about those who have chosen to return to work saying its "the place they feel the most safe." This organization doesn’t care about the physical and mental health of their employees, or the essential workers we could possibly endanger by taking public transportation when there is NO NEED TO.

6. "LOREAL"

Former Employee - Assistant Trade Marketing Manager in Hong Kong

I worked at L'Oréal full-time

Pros

Internal transfer opportunities and rejoin opportunities

Cons

Only give exposure to management trainee to guarantee the exposure of them but neglect of their performance.

7. "Travel Retailes APAC"

Former Intern - Marketing Internship in Hong Kong

I worked at L'Oréal for less than a year

Pros

Diverse working environment Wide extent of project ownership International exposure

Cons

Heavy workload Relatively long working hours with the title of intern

8. "Long working hours"

2.0
    Former Employee - Marketing

I worked at L'Oréal full-time

Pros

Steep learning curve, office environment is nice

Cons

Unreasonable workload, little respect towards non-management level employees

9. COVID-19

"Good people, problematic culture"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at L'Oréal full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

- Very smart, dedicated and kind coworkers who make coming to work enjoyable - Portfolio of winning brands - Caring leadership in most parts of the organization - Opportunity to make your job what you want - job descriptions can be flexible and you can always “do more” if you look for ways to add value - Nice office, good perks e.g. company store and nail salon

Cons

There are significant company culture issues that come from the very top (Paris). Sometimes I forget we aren’t saving lives at work. Every task is both urgent and critically important, meaning it becomes impossible to prioritize work and you constantly feel pulled in too many directions, at the detriment of productivity. Depending on where you work in the organization, you can have decent work life balance, in terms of leaving at a reasonable hour and having weekends free. However work stress will often enter into your personal life, even if you’re not “working.” You have to give a lot of yourself to this company. The issues with company culture have become more apparent with Covid and the Black Lives Matter movement. As it relates to BLM, brand communication teams were completely restricted in what the brands could say and when. When approved messaging finally came through, it was scrubbed and “corporatized” with meaningless jargon. Black employees were not welcome to advise on messaging. Internally, it took several days for the organization to acknowledge what was happening with employees, and only after a group of employees demanded action and support. L’Oréal also has a diversity issue in hiring - very few employees of color in our corporate teams. Regarding Covid, the organization started strong with messages of support, but those were quickly replaced with ominous and unclear messaging around returning to the office (mostly about cumbersome safety protocols such as in office temperature checks). While other companies were providing clear timelines for return, L’Oreal USA refused to provide any sense of timing for the NY offices, even as employees were asking daily (many had left the city). When the company finally announced a return to office date (June 29 - 2+ months before most corporate offices), employees received 1 WEEK’S notice that they would be expected back. The announcement also came at 6:45pm the night before Juneteenth, which the company had given employees as a PTO day of cultural observance. This felt like an effort to take advantage of the Juneteenth holiday to minimize swirl over the announcement - really distasteful. L’Oreal is rushing corporate employees back to the office simply for face time, irresponsible both to the health of employees and essential workers who are using public transportation. Employee morale is very low - employees do not feel proud to work for L’Oréal right now.

Continue reading
  10. "No career pathing or visibility to sr. management"

1.0
    Former Employee - Marketing Manager

I worked at L'Oréal full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Free goods, 401K, Nice views in Hudson Yards

Cons

Absolutely no career pathing or peer reviews. Incredibly inefficient processes and slow to innovate. Almost no visibility to senior management. Late nights building decks that never get presented. At my new job I still get incredibly anxious before performance reviews because I have flashbacks to my time at LUSA. Honestly sometimes I think I'm over my experience and I still have nightmares. Only good day at work was my last one! To those that are there know it gets better on the other side -- to those that are considering I'd recommend looking elsewhere

Found 325 reviews