LA Fitness (UK) "free gym" Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

LA Fitness (UK) Employee Reviews about "free gym"

Updated 23 Jul 2014

2.3
LA Fitness (UK) CEO Martin Long  (no image)
Martin Long
Pros
Cons
  • "underpaid, making false promotion deals, no benefits, sketchy co managers(in 5 reviews)

• "Long hours, awards based solely on results and not effort, extremely over competitive inner company standards(in 4 reviews)

Reviews about "free gym"

Return to all Reviews

"Very easy if you are comfortable on the phone but very unorganized and unprofessional"

Current Employee - Front Desk

I have been working at LA Fitness (UK) full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Free Gym Membership -Great atmosphere for a people person or a person into health and wellness. -I make more base pay than sales counselors and commission is very rewarding and easy to get if you don't mind calling people.

Cons

-Working with sales team can be crazy. Often untrained and unprofessional. Counselors would curse in front of guests, even had one curse AT a guest which is awkward either way because the guest always looks at me like I should be saying something. -Not a very strenuous job so people think they can just call off whenever, even the day before, leaving you to pick up their shift. More money but would rather not feel obligated to take your shift. -Management structure is very strange. Don't know who I should be reporting to half the time.

Advice to Management

Grow a pair and fire sales counselors who clearly cannot perform

LA Fitness (UK)2014-07-24

"Okay, nothing spectacular."

Former Employee - Personal Trainer

I worked at LA Fitness (UK) full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Free gym membership - AWESOME clients - Make my own schedule - Good PTD at time of employment - Easy Job for the most part

Cons

- Pay is lack luster - Hiring process was very unorganized - No opportunity for growth - Segregation among departments causes everyone to be on a different page. No one knows whats going on due to lack of communication. - Okay place to work, there isn't much motivation to go to work or exceed expectations due to lack of incentives, bad pay, and less than ethical company morale.

Advice to Management

More involvement from upper management and collaborations between departments.

LA Fitness (UK)2014-06-04

"Personal Training Director"

I have been working at LA Fitness (UK)

Pros

Free Gym Membership. Nothing else to report as a pro... But there is a minimum word count for the pros category. Unfortunately I wish I could say they were a good company to work for.

Cons

Long hours. Usually get to gym by 8:30/9am and don't leave until 9pm at night. The company will find any way possible to deduct commission. Even being the top salesman in the district multiple pay periods in a row it's still a challenge to even make $25,000 a year.

Advice to Management

Train your employees! Turn over is way too high!

LA Fitness (UK)2014-07-01

"Terrible work environment with very young inexperienced managers."

Former Employee - Sales Counselor

I worked at LA Fitness (UK) full-time

Pros

Decent pay, free gym membership

Cons

Not a career. The commission based atmosphere sucks your soul, and forces you to bs a lot.

Advice to Management

Improve your management skills

LA Fitness (UK)2014-03-19

"Good Place to hang out at all day....Not a place to make money!"

I worked at LA Fitness (UK)

Pros

Free gym membership, Pretty Ladies, Cool atmosphere

Cons

No money to be made! Impossible quota to reach, No benefits, no paid time off, ... This is more of a job for a high school student

Advice to Management

Pay more money

LA Fitness (UK)2014-03-22

"Frustrating"

Former Employee - General Manager

I worked at LA Fitness (UK) full-time for more than a year

Pros

Free gym membership that's it

Cons

Turn and burn members and employees

Advice to Management

Get a clue

LA Fitness (UK)2014-01-31
  7. "First 6 weeks hasn't been too bad."

Current Employee - Front Desk

I have been working at LA Fitness (UK) part-time for less than a year

Pros

Great Co-Workers, they help you along the way..Free GYM access to all LA Fitness GYM's..

Cons

Bad hours, I have only worked for LA Fitness for about 6 weeks.. So it's not a big deal yet...

LA Fitness (UK)2013-12-22

"personal trainer"

Former Employee - Personal Trainer

I worked at LA Fitness (UK) part-time

Pros

coworkers enjoyable to work with, free gym membership, enjoyed working with clients

Cons

This company has shady business practices. First, I was called a master trainer even though I was new to personal training. I did very well on my exam and passed on the first try, and I believe I knew the personal training material very well; however, I felt uncomfortable being listed as a master trainer without enough experience. I had clients who seemed to very much enjoy working with me, but the company charges too much to attract enough clients to make a decent living. It also appears that the personal training sales people do not divide up the new clients fairly, but probably keep them for themselves and train them, even though they may not have certifications. Also, the company appears to change how much they charge for both membership and training based on how much they think they can get from each customer. Basically, the company seems shady and needs to charge for personal training based on the financial abilities of the population that resides around each company location. The company's business policies are too rigid and lack integrity.

LA Fitness (UK)2013-12-06
  9. "Customer Service/Front Desk"

I have been working at LA Fitness (UK) part-time

Pros

Set schedule, free gym membership.

Cons

Constant pressure to clear up EFTs and getting continually cussed out. No mid day hours ever due to OMs working at this time.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to current employees and promote from within before you bring in people off the street that have no idea about the company.

LA Fitness (UK)2013-03-19
  10. "Unprofessional"

I worked at LA Fitness (UK) part-time

Pros

You get a free gym membership

Cons

Pay sucks and no structure

LA Fitness (UK)2013-02-16