LEGO Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 11 July 2018

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Lack of work life balance - too many competing priorities" (in 9 reviews)

• "No full time work available as a merchandiser" (in 12 reviews)

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Manager in London, England
    Current Employee - Manager in London, England

I have been working at LEGO full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good salary, good bonus, office is really nice. There has been a lot of new people so the company is feeling fresh and new

Cons

It very Danish! Sometimes it feel like a Danish club. But it's slowly getting better. Expanding very quickly, not sure if the company is keeping up

2. "Everything was awesome!"

I worked at LEGO full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great place to work, I never grew up with Lego so wasn't biased, but I loved the culture there. Inclusive, strong in developing its people- open to letting you move across teams and everyone supports you in doing so.

Cons

The continual restructures could make for instability and a bit of tension with people not knowing where they'd be or if they'd have a role in 12 month's time.

Advice to Management

Keep looking after your people and investing in them and you'll retain good talent and find it easier to attract new talent- word of mouth is an extremely useful tool in marketing your brand!

"(not) everything is awesome"

Pros

Great bunch of people, we shared some good laughs

Cons

Pay not amazing, very little prospects of career progression, little recognition, constant goal post moving

"Be warned....don't work here!!!!"

I have been working at LEGO full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Company is doing well and generally looks after people. Strong brand. Lots of travels though it can be too much after a while.

Cons

Most meetings are disorganised. Mainly creating discussions but no decisions. Lack of walk the walk and lead by example leaders. The brand is generally amazing but the management(especially those managers have been in the company for years) is shockingly bad. Also there is a very strong back stabbing culture.

Advice to Management

I just wish I never made that decision working for LEGO.
    NPS works however the downside of it is that we created a very "superficial" organisation. Management generally cares about their personal reputation for the next move. Some top managers are also known for humiliating junior members in big meetings.

"Life at LEGO"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at LEGO full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing company to work for, good work life balance, lots of perks, reputable brand, working with a highly motivated team, large company but still somehow has managed to retain the family feel to it.

Cons

Some parts are still like a start up, other parts there are processes for the sake of processes, also meeting culture can be annoying.

Advice to Management

Remove red tape and meetings but a great company to work for, management team are approachable which is good.

6. "Sales Associate"

I worked at LEGO part-time

Pros

Great atmosphere, fun people to work with, the customers are great and excited to play and buy Lego. Great staff perks.

Cons

Store can get very busy at times. Too many kids playing can get tiresome. People get angry when their products aren't in stock.

"I love going to "work""

I have been working at LEGO full-time

Pros

- I have never had a job where i actually look forward to Monday and weekdays, i absolutely love my job. I think i have the coolest job in the world!
    - Work/Life balance is real - no 'set' hours and family time is taken very seriously (typically Danish!) you will not be burning out because your team and manager will take care of you
    - Everyone has a passion for the brand and what LEGO as a whole is trying to achieve, a very collaborative working environment
    - The office - if you haven't seen anything online (FT times, The Secret World of LEGO Documentary) then take a look, it is exactly what you think it'd be like...and better
    - A friendly and unique way of working - NWOW and activity based working allows you to be independent and work how YOU work best
    - Management, there is no micro managing and hand holding

Cons

- Some processes aren't yet in place and some systems need updating - but the good part about that is when you create these you can shape them how you think would work best

"Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England

I have been working at LEGO (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great product, company truly cares about employees and customers, no need to develop an alternative corporate persona - you can bring yourself to work

Cons

Some office locations less attractive to work from (US: rural Connecticut, UK: Slough), but also great locations like Singapore and central London

Advice to Management

Keep the balanced focus on financial, people, customer and society targets

9. "Toy Support Specialist (Account Manager)"

Current Employee - Toy Support Specialist ( Account Manager in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England

I have been working at LEGO part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Fantastic brand and product, great people and positive business outlook.

Cons

Unfortunately they don't offer a great range of part-time positions.

10. "The best retail job available"

Former Employee - Customer Sales Assistant in Cardiff, Wales
    Former Employee - Customer Sales Assistant in Cardiff, Wales

I worked at LEGO full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very well taken care of, management cared about the employees first. Targets are customer feedback driven rather than sales driven. The product is good and most customers are happy to be in the store.

Cons

During peak periods the store is very busy and work is hard. The shifts were not normally confirmed until a couple weeks prior.

Advice to Management

Management needed to organised the rota much further in advance. Better HR training for management was needed to improve the quality of new hires. New POS systems were desperately needed.