LGM Financial Services Reviews

Updated 25 Jun 2020

4.4
LGM Financial Services Executive Chairman Adam Hill
Adam Hill
  1. "LGM is a great place to work."

I have been working at LGM Financial Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Many Pros: the people are wonderful, the office is gorgeous, and the work is rewarding. The perks and benefits are fantastic and the CEO practices what he preaches and truly believes in the core values of Respect, Integrity, Giving Back, Service Excellence and Continuous Learning.

Cons

Stressful at times with long hours. A sense of urgency is always expected though not always possible.

September 1, 2017CEO

Thank you for your review on glassdoor. I love hearing that you believe the work is rewarding. That's important given how much of our time each day, week, month, years is devoted to our careers. We will continue as an employer to make our work rewarding and challenging. I know sometimes the work we do brings urgency and long hours. Sometimes we get challenged to deliver products/services simultaneously and while we do our best to manage our launch pipeline, it is sometimes out of our own control. What I love though is that our team does step up and rings the bell every time our partners ask the exceptional from us. We have a great team that I am really proud to work with.

"I hope to be at LGM for a long time!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at LGM Financial Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

LGM is one of the best companies I've worked for. The culture is fun and informal with a professional business ethic. We work well together and support open communication. There are endless projects to get involved in. Your growth is largely up to you (depending on your area within the company). The management in my area is very involved, holding monthly and quarterly one-on-one meetings where we address issues as well as build the relationship between manager and employee. Expectations are high and we continuously meet or exceed them. It feels good to be a part of something that I'm proud of. We have several annual parties and team-building events, including giving back days, departmental breakfasts, costume days which makes me feel very bonded to my team. Our office space is beautiful with 2 patios and a large kitchen, which we're always using for social gatherings. I've found my work-life balance is encouraged by having a regular schedule with overtime only when necessary, the health and wellness allowance, and the encouragement to give back to the community via 4 Giving Back days per year.

Cons

One downside is out of LGM's control - the industry. LGM's goal is to change what has traditionally been the consumer experience around buying a vehicle or buying a warranty. I believe we are honest and provide benefit to those that purchase our products, but perceptions still have a curve to overcome in terms of reputation. Another downside is salary. There is a large disparity between departments and roles. Increases per year are modest at best. Lastly, the company growth is sometimes faster than we're able to keep up with. This is, of course, not necessarily a bad thing, however it can be frustrating to have priorities constantly up in the air.

Continue reading

"Used to have great culture"

Former Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Vancouver, BC

I worked at LGM Financial Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

- admirable president -flat organization -great culture (sliding over the last year or two) -nice new office and awesome cafeteria, BBQ on patio, game room - gym in the building -downtown hub -proprietary products

Cons

-several great top execs have been replaced with stiffnecked ones who do things ONLY their way -change in top management waterfalled into lowered moral - after a huge revamp of software, budgets got cut, and so did fun, great people and perks - remote work was eliminated by new CIO, adding extra duties with no extra pay, extra hours and more stress -very skinny benefits with low maximums

July 8, 2017CEO

Thank you for your post. Since launching our latest software platform (known as HUB) there certainly have been some changes in management within the software development team. Most of the senior team has decided to stay on with LGM which I am pleased to see. As you probably already know, I personally welcome employee feedback so that we can improve. I know that our leadership is committed to employee engagement and following industry leading standards when it comes to tools, practices and career development. There are likely to be some changes in style as a new leader is placed into any existing organizational role but at LGM we do continue to uphold the highest value on employee engagement and getting that overall experience right. Lastly, we've learned important lessons throughout the development of the HUB software and in particular, that flexibility offered in the wrong way leads to missed goals. Please visit with me, or send me a note, if you would like to stay in touch on this. I am very interested in hearing more from your perspective. All the best at LGM!

4. "Opportunity to grow"

Manager in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at LGM Financial Services

Pros

After spending 8 years working in a dealership I wanted a new challenge in life. I came across LGM and it offered me a new opportunity to grow both professionally and personally. The culture in LGM is team oriented and they're always looking to innovate in the automotive world. They recognize top performers and will help you achieve your goals. This is achieved through continuous education allowances, mentoring, and career path planning. If you're a driven individual looking to take the next step LGM can be the perfect fit. Joining LGM was the best career choice I've made. I would recommend anyone looking for a change in there career to apply and see if LGM is right for you.

Cons

Located in Coal Harbour , it can present challenges commuting into the city. They're close to the Sky Train, West Coast Express, and bus routes. LGM focuses on providing its employees options for a healthy work life balance. I look forward to seeing LGM continue to adapt to the needs of its employees.

June 10, 2017CEO

Thank you for your inspiring post! I love to hear that employees feel like LGM is a great place to grow professionally and personally. Our employees are at the centre of our success and by understanding their needs, and building a win-win solution with them, we tend to yield industry-leading results. Please remember that I always welcome employee feedback on what is working great and how we can develop for the future. Adam.

5. "Great place to work at"

I have been working at LGM Financial Services

Pros

LGM truly cares about it's employee. It shows every day. Great environment to work at. work place are well laid, ergonomics are there. people are helpful and friendly. You feel right at home when coming to work. The company stands behind it's values and is a very responsible corporate citizen. To good to be true? Joint the team you will see :)

Cons

Nothing comes to mind really.

June 24, 2017CEO

Thank you for your review! It's great to see employees using Glass Door to share their experience at LGM. I'm also pleased to hear you are enjoying the work environment. Do remember that I welcome any feedback you may have from time to time as to how we can continue building the employee experience and engagement. We want to continue to be the best in our industry! Best, Adam.

"Amazing Place to Work"

in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at LGM Financial Services

Pros

Everyone I have met and work with at LGM is positive, kind and helpful. It is so incredible to be part of such a collaborative team environment. Management wants everyone to succeed are are there to help and support you reach your goals.

Cons

I know it sounds cliche, but I really don't know any cons of working for LGM. But you better be ready to go full steam ahead!

May 25, 2017CEO

Thanks for your very positive feedback. I love that you are experiencing LGM in the way we have visioned. At the heart of our success (past and future) is engaged employees. We accomplish employee engagement through listening to your comments AND taking action to continue improving the work environment. We have an incredibly talented and determined team which makes what we do that much more enjoyable. I agree that its a fast paced environment yet with the highly capable team we've assembled we manage to keep up. We (management) will keep doing what we are doing and hopefully you will keep loving your work. :-)

7. "I recommend this workplace"

I have been working at LGM Financial Services full-time

Pros

Very socially responsible company, competitive salary, and great health and wellness benefits

Cons

sometimes the office feels a bit loud because of the open working space

May 25, 2017CEO

Thank you for your post. I am glad you are supportive of our giving back philosophies and that our compensation package is also on target. These are things we value as part of our core strategic pillars at LGM. I also acknowledge that an open concept office can have its challenges around noise from time to time. At LGM we have a variety of break out rooms if you need privacy or a quiet space, and often working from home is an option too depending on the type of work you need to get done. Despite the noise, our open concept has largely incubated greater collaboration and team spirit. I think its worth it for that alone. Do you agree? Best, Adam.

8. "Company worth joining"

I have been working at LGM Financial Services

Pros

Great benefits working conditions and overall great people. Growing rapidly for lots of opportunities to develop and advance.

Cons

Real Opportunities to advance only in Vancouver. Surprising when their ORM clients are all in Ontario. Discouraging when relocation is not in the cards for the family.

April 7, 2017CEO

Thanks for your submission. I appreciate the positive comments and advice. You don't want to live in beautiful Vancouver? :-) I would agree that many more opportunities present themselves for employees at present time within our Vancouver location but I can see that evolving over time. Depending on the work you take on for us, we are open to ideas of having management in alternative locations. In fact, we have two senior leaders positioned in Oakville. It might be worthwhile having a career pathing discussion with your leader to better understand your goals for the future and to see what we can do to accommodate for your local area. While there are some limitations, we make efforts to be flexible where possible so I encourage you to start the conversation with us. You never know!

"Regional Trainer"

Current Employee - Regional Trainer in Oakville, ON

I have been working at LGM Financial Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

It is refreshing and inspiring to work with such a solid and talented team. I have great confidence in taking on this new role feeling I have a team to support and help me become a success.

Cons

With nearly 11 months under my belt I have yet to uncover a con to working at LGM.

March 22, 2017CEO

Thank you for your feedback. It's so great to hear that newer employees are feeling welcomed and supported as they embark on their journey with us. It is not easy switching roles/companies and I believe we are going many of the right things to onboard and set up our newcomers for optimal success. Our expectation is to offer the very best training in Canada and that starts with talented and happy employees. Let's keep it going!

10. "Super fun, secure and amazing place to work."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at LGM Financial Services full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The people are amazing, location and facilities are second to none, work is engaging and broad, culture is rich and super fun, compensation and benefits are well above the mean and a more casual work environment means that overall it's an absolute pleasure to come to work everyday.

Cons

Not that it's a true con but you have to hit the ground running and be able to go the distance. This is all relative though and it balances out with the environment and culture... we work hard and play hard at LGM!

February 17, 2017CEO

Wow! Thank you for posting this great feedback. I'm delighted to hear your experience is so positive, especially since you've been with us for 5+ years (you've seen a lot of our growing!). Thanks for the advice around bringing our teams together. I agree that the LGM culture truly benefits from time spent getting to know each other that much better and we'll continue to find ways to make that happen. Let's keep rocking it!

Found 53 reviews