LGM Financial Services Employee Reviews about "lgm"

Updated 25 Jun 2020

4.4
LGM Financial Services Executive Chairman Adam Hill
Adam Hill
Pros
  • "Generally speaking the environment at LGM was awesome(in 12 reviews)

• "The great company culture and authentic passion for giving back among the Senior Leadership Team and employees is what initially drew me to apply(in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • "With nearly 11 months under my belt I have yet to uncover a con to working at LGM(in 7 reviews)

• "There is a fast-paced environment at LGM(in 5 reviews)

Reviews about "lgm"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great company to work at"

Former Employee - Software Developer in Vancouver, BC

I worked at LGM Financial Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Leadership was awesome and took care of its employees. The team was super inclusive and bright. Generally speaking the environment at LGM was awesome.

Cons

The insurance industry can only get so exciting.

Continue reading
  2. "Great place to grow with a company that cares"

Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at LGM Financial Services full-time

Pros

Excellent employee benefits, great people, good compensation, flexible work hours, beautiful office. Amongst other things, LGM has played a huge role in the development of my knowledge and skill set. I'm constantly given opportunities to work on new and exciting projects, which gives me the motivation to come in and work hard every day.

Cons

None that I can really think of.

December 9, 2019President and CEO

Thank-you for taking the time to submit a review. Career growth is an important focus for building a great employee experience at LGM. That is one of the reasons we encourage every employee to have a career path/plan and conversation with their manager. I am really pleased to see that you are getting opportunities to work on new exciting projects. We have a big appetite for innovation and taking on new things at LGM and one of the benefits of that extra work is the opportunity to learn and develop. I am glad to see that is working well for you. I agree exciting times ahead!

"The best company culture I have experienced"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at LGM Financial Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have been working at LGM for over two years. I have witnessed that LGM truly cares about people and their career. The HR team has great programms and trainers that mentors all leaders and mangers to have the best tools and trainings to lead their teams In technology department, as a developer we are free to innovate, bring new ideas and innovate and work on new technologies!

Cons

Sometimes there are a lot of things to do that all are high priority, however I haven't seen this to disturb anyones work life balance.

February 22, 2019CEO

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I'm happy to hear you are having a great experience at LGM and that you feel well supported by our learning and development culture. I agree that there are lot of priorities at LGM (especially in technology!) and we are working hard as a broad-based team to select the right things to do at any given time. Our business needs to keep up with disruption from three converging industries - automotive, financial and insurance. It's an exciting time if you enjoy innovating and building new things which it sounds like you embrace. Wishing you much continued success and enjoyment at LGM!

"Nice Company but not for software development"

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Vancouver, BC
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at LGM Financial Services full-time

Pros

LGM is a nice company that treats their employee well. They have good benefits and give back to the community.

Cons

The software development department is lacking in direction. They were building a new in house system, but they kept the tech team isolated from the users of the system. It was unclear if what was being built would be useful and if it was going in the right direction. The pay was also much lower than I had experienced in other positions.

May 15, 2018CEO

Hello and thanks for your note on Glassdoor. Sounds like you are no longer with LGM and since I don't know how long it has been since you departed, it makes it a little more difficult to ascertain how recent these concerns are. About 18 months ago we launched the biggest technology endeavour in our history and it was a difficult process to get there. We definitely tried our best but we sure learned a lot of lessons too. If that was your era, I could definitely understand your perspective. Fast forwarding to today's team and vision for technology, I can say that I am VERY proud of the team we've created and I get to witness personally the fantastic features being added into our HUB system every quarter. It really is inspiring and one of LGM's crown jewels. If you were not around long enough to see the dramatic transformation and the engagement of our tech team of recent times then I feel that is unfortunate. Perhaps you would not have left if you could now see how LGM gets things done in technology. Wishing you great success in your own career and life. Sincerely, Adam. :-)

"I hope to be at LGM for a long time!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at LGM Financial Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

LGM is one of the best companies I've worked for. The culture is fun and informal with a professional business ethic. We work well together and support open communication. There are endless projects to get involved in. Your growth is largely up to you (depending on your area within the company). The management in my area is very involved, holding monthly and quarterly one-on-one meetings where we address issues as well as build the relationship between manager and employee. Expectations are high and we continuously meet or exceed them. It feels good to be a part of something that I'm proud of. We have several annual parties and team-building events, including giving back days, departmental breakfasts, costume days which makes me feel very bonded to my team. Our office space is beautiful with 2 patios and a large kitchen, which we're always using for social gatherings. I've found my work-life balance is encouraged by having a regular schedule with overtime only when necessary, the health and wellness allowance, and the encouragement to give back to the community via 4 Giving Back days per year.

Cons

One downside is out of LGM's control - the industry. LGM's goal is to change what has traditionally been the consumer experience around buying a vehicle or buying a warranty. I believe we are honest and provide benefit to those that purchase our products, but perceptions still have a curve to overcome in terms of reputation. Another downside is salary. There is a large disparity between departments and roles. Increases per year are modest at best. Lastly, the company growth is sometimes faster than we're able to keep up with. This is, of course, not necessarily a bad thing, however it can be frustrating to have priorities constantly up in the air.

6. "Opportunity to grow"

Manager in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at LGM Financial Services

Pros

After spending 8 years working in a dealership I wanted a new challenge in life. I came across LGM and it offered me a new opportunity to grow both professionally and personally. The culture in LGM is team oriented and they're always looking to innovate in the automotive world. They recognize top performers and will help you achieve your goals. This is achieved through continuous education allowances, mentoring, and career path planning. If you're a driven individual looking to take the next step LGM can be the perfect fit. Joining LGM was the best career choice I've made. I would recommend anyone looking for a change in there career to apply and see if LGM is right for you.

Cons

Located in Coal Harbour , it can present challenges commuting into the city. They're close to the Sky Train, West Coast Express, and bus routes. LGM focuses on providing its employees options for a healthy work life balance. I look forward to seeing LGM continue to adapt to the needs of its employees.

June 10, 2017CEO

Thank you for your inspiring post! I love to hear that employees feel like LGM is a great place to grow professionally and personally. Our employees are at the centre of our success and by understanding their needs, and building a win-win solution with them, we tend to yield industry-leading results. Please remember that I always welcome employee feedback on what is working great and how we can develop for the future. Adam.

7. "Great place to work at"

I have been working at LGM Financial Services

Pros

LGM truly cares about it's employee. It shows every day. Great environment to work at. work place are well laid, ergonomics are there. people are helpful and friendly. You feel right at home when coming to work. The company stands behind it's values and is a very responsible corporate citizen. To good to be true? Joint the team you will see :)

Cons

Nothing comes to mind really.

June 24, 2017CEO

Thank you for your review! It's great to see employees using Glass Door to share their experience at LGM. I'm also pleased to hear you are enjoying the work environment. Do remember that I welcome any feedback you may have from time to time as to how we can continue building the employee experience and engagement. We want to continue to be the best in our industry! Best, Adam.

"Amazing Place to Work"

in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at LGM Financial Services

Pros

Everyone I have met and work with at LGM is positive, kind and helpful. It is so incredible to be part of such a collaborative team environment. Management wants everyone to succeed are are there to help and support you reach your goals.

Cons

I know it sounds cliche, but I really don't know any cons of working for LGM. But you better be ready to go full steam ahead!

May 25, 2017CEO

Thanks for your very positive feedback. I love that you are experiencing LGM in the way we have visioned. At the heart of our success (past and future) is engaged employees. We accomplish employee engagement through listening to your comments AND taking action to continue improving the work environment. We have an incredibly talented and determined team which makes what we do that much more enjoyable. I agree that its a fast paced environment yet with the highly capable team we've assembled we manage to keep up. We (management) will keep doing what we are doing and hopefully you will keep loving your work. :-)

"Regional Trainer"

Current Employee - Regional Trainer in Oakville, ON

I have been working at LGM Financial Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

It is refreshing and inspiring to work with such a solid and talented team. I have great confidence in taking on this new role feeling I have a team to support and help me become a success.

Cons

With nearly 11 months under my belt I have yet to uncover a con to working at LGM.

March 22, 2017CEO

Thank you for your feedback. It's so great to hear that newer employees are feeling welcomed and supported as they embark on their journey with us. It is not easy switching roles/companies and I believe we are going many of the right things to onboard and set up our newcomers for optimal success. Our expectation is to offer the very best training in Canada and that starts with talented and happy employees. Let's keep it going!

10. "Super fun, secure and amazing place to work."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at LGM Financial Services full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The people are amazing, location and facilities are second to none, work is engaging and broad, culture is rich and super fun, compensation and benefits are well above the mean and a more casual work environment means that overall it's an absolute pleasure to come to work everyday.

Cons

Not that it's a true con but you have to hit the ground running and be able to go the distance. This is all relative though and it balances out with the environment and culture... we work hard and play hard at LGM!

February 17, 2017CEO

Wow! Thank you for posting this great feedback. I'm delighted to hear your experience is so positive, especially since you've been with us for 5+ years (you've seen a lot of our growing!). Thanks for the advice around bringing our teams together. I agree that the LGM culture truly benefits from time spent getting to know each other that much better and we'll continue to find ways to make that happen. Let's keep rocking it!

Found 15 reviews