LRW "great people" Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

LRW Employee Reviews about "great people"

Updated 23 Jul 2019

4.0
LRW CEO Dave Sackman
Dave Sackman
Pros
  • "Smart people and interesting work(in 22 reviews)

• "Great People ( A lot of cool, intelligent people here)(in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • "Hours are the biggest complaint (management expects you to work long hours while keeping margins high)(in 43 reviews)

• "Terrible work life balance (it doesn't matter how diligent you are)(in 27 reviews)

Reviews about "great people"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Awesome people, interesting work"

Current Contractor - Recruitment Coordinator in Century City, CA

I have been working at LRW for less than a year

Pros

Lots of opportunity to learn and grow in Market Research. Fun team, great people. Casual culture and the sense that the company really cares about its employees.

Cons

None for me except for long commute

Advice to Management

Management has done a lot in terms of improving work processes and it seems they are heading in the right direction. Just keep going! Very hopeful for the future.

LRW2019-07-23
  2. "Overall great job"

I have been working at LRW full-time

Pros

Great people in a great location. You get out of it what you put into it which means you can excel quickly and move up the ranks on the research side.

Cons

Long hours and a "do whatever it takes" mentality can lead to burnout quickly. Client management could be stronger to avoid this.

Advice to Management

Acknowledge the growth that is happening and that things will be changing. Address the issue head on and put more process into place.

LRW2017-07-05

"There is alot that can be improved."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Century City, CA
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at LRW full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great People ( A lot of cool, intelligent people here) Great Office Location (The office and location is very nice. Farmer's Market was awesome to go to) Flexibility with overtime (They're okay with you taking overtime to get your work done) Progressive Work Environment (The work being done here is very cool and innovative.)

Cons

Low Pay (As someone who's financially independent living in LA, the only way I could have a decent standard of living was to rely on overtime pay. Starting pay is very, very low) Work Life Balance ( The amount of work can get insane and stressful.) Unrealistic expectations (Knowledge transfer on key processes can be a lot better. Expecting junior employees to know everything to look out for with a brief explanation led to problems) Lack of Benefits (I felt they were very spartan with the benefits and perks.)

Advice to Management

Read pros and cons

LRW2015-10-28

"N/A"

I worked at LRW

Pros

Mostly great people and casual environment

Cons

Too much turnover among employees

LRW2015-08-16

"Lieberman Research Worldwide"

Current Employee - Research Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at LRW full-time for more than a year

Pros

Learn a lot, great people, lots of opportunity, lots of reviews and raises

Cons

Work life balance is not good

Advice to Management

Reduce turnover by updating structure to provide a good work life balance

LRW2014-09-06

"Great place to work and to learn about the Market Research industry"

Former Intern - Market Research Intern in Century City, CA

I worked at LRW for less than a year

Pros

Great people, culture, environment and atmosphere. Good training program.

Cons

All employees are expected to work overtime.

LRW2013-09-23

"Enjoy showing up to work every day"

Current Employee - Research Director in Century City, CA

I have been working at LRW full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Only the best of the best survive. If you show you're capable of delivering on the mission, you'll be rewarded for it. Great people to work with.

Cons

High intensity. You can't afford to take your foot off the peddle.

LRW2013-06-11

"Modern Day Luddites"

I worked at LRW full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great people, mostly. Some of the most brilliant I have worked with and that is saying quite a bit. All the people on the delivery side really work hard and are usually severly over qualified. They hire the best people.

Cons

Probably the one of the most technically naive companies I have ever worked for. They do hire the best but pay them as little as they can then use them in ways that would make the ancient pharaohs proud. I have never seen so many intelligent and great people forced into so much unnecessarily manual labor in my life. The leadership hails from the days before computers and it shows.

Advice to Management

Work smarter, stop wasting so much talent. Promoting from within may not be such a great idea. I think anyone who stays more than 3 years cant be as valuable as most that leave in less than one. Get on top of those exit interviews.

LRW2012-10-06

"An Amazing Place to Work"

in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at LRW

Pros

-- Growth opportunities are limitless -- Management team is strong and invested in my training and advancement -- Great people -- Work / life balance is great

Cons

-- They hire the best and brightest so they will expect a lot from you -- you must bring your "A" game at all times...there is no coasting at this company

LRW2011-09-05

"Interesting challenge, they want the best, yet their is too much lip-service and lack of transparancy."

I worked at LRW

Pros

some great people lots of top quality researchers

Cons

Long hours is still seen as something to reward. Very conservative and resistant to change. To many individuals not enough team, not openly transparent too many whispers and behind the door dealings, management will throw their best people under the bus, lacks supportive culture, too many "short cuts" still think like a small company not a corporation, too many favorites and people working at cross purposes not seeing bigger coordinated picture. Women be warned depending on which team you are in can face gender challenges for career success.

Advice to Management

Adopt more open transparent management styles and corporate responsibiity. Know that there are leaders and their are people managers, look after your people and return their commitment to your values with better offerings for personal and professional development. Question why some of the best and brightest keep walking out the door. Deal more professionally with work, health, safety, workplace bullying, gender bias and other modern social challenges. Simple things like education and awareness of common courtesy, like it is not acceptable to be continuously on a cell phone or i-pad when in a meeting., If leaders and senior team are not present and do not give their staff common courtesy of listening or capable of supporting or directing perhaps they need a people manager as a right hand member of their team.

LRW2011-07-20