La Fosse Associates Reviews

Updated 28 Apr 2021

4.5
La Fosse Associates Founder and Executive Chairman Simon La Fosse
Simon La Fosse
Pros
  • "La Fosse facilitate career growth in the ways that you want(in 42 reviews)

• "I could go on about the Ski trip and Gym benefits, but for me it's the small things that make a massive difference(in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • "Long hours; but working within recruitment that is expected, otherwise recruitment is not the career for you(in 15 reviews)

• "I honestly don't have a bad word to say about La Fosse(in 8 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. "Great culture; really care about employees"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England, England

I worked at La Fosse Associates full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fun, rewarding, equipping, and inspiring company culture

Cons

Long hours, but that’s to be expected in recruitment, so not really a con

2. COVID-19

"Excellent company to work for and a highly ambitious group of people, from AC’s to Managers across all divisions"

I have been working at La Fosse Associates full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very transparent billing system, flat structure and everyone will be paid the same if billing well. Great group of people, celebrate wins every week and month end meeting which is nice. Not your typical recruitment ‘sales’ business but still performing higher than most other companies. No pressure from anyone and super supportive teams. If you’re performing, the managers will give you the autonomy you need to strive.

Cons

I’m not sure the commission structure is market leading anymore, took a hit during covid as well as an increase in desk fee - not a very attractive com structure anymore.

La Fosse Associates Response

April 27, 2021Managing Director

Hi – thanks for taking the time to write this and for the five stars. We really appreciate the feedback and I’m glad that your experience of us has been so positive. Just wanted to correct one important point on commission. We have not reduced commission paid. We did withhold 3% of billings until the year end when Covid hit, but we paid it out. We are doing the same this year but fully expect to pay that at the end of this year also. So it is still an arrangement that pays 33.3% of billings. In fact we have actually increased it as we have added additional bonuses for cross selling, for bringing in new business and other one off incentives. The additional cross selling bonus is working really well and is not just financially rewarding those who are doing it but of course those who are benefiting from having more work given to them by someone else! Lastly, new service lines like futureproof and Digital Outcomes have also enabled many people to earn additional commission through introducing these new businesses to their clients. I’d be very happy to discuss this further if you would like – please drop me an email at james.parker@lafosse.com and we can schedule a catch up

3. "Great company, with a great future ."

Current Employee - Senior Digital Consultant in London, England, England

I have been working at La Fosse Associates full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

People here are motivated, work hard and genuinely care about each other. The management team have been incredibly supportive throughout the transition to home working and we are now in a position, due to that support, where we can continue to build and scale. For me, the biggest benefit is the autonomy. Our team has diversified our offering which is great, but what is even better is that we are each trusted and supported to contribute to that in our own way. Great team, solid management and heaps of tool at our disposal.

Cons

As with any job, there are some challenging times but you have a great team around you for support.

4. "Brilliant Engaging Company"

Current Employee - PMO Analyst in London, England, England

I have been working at La Fosse Associates full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good company culture and integration. Great team motivation.

Cons

There are no cons so far.

5. COVID-19

"Great first job in recruitment"

I have been working at La Fosse Associates full-time for more than a year

Pros

Feel like I get along with everyone I work with and have a good amount of trust within the work place. Emphasis on well being, providing gym memberships, mental health facilities and always flexible with personal arrangements. Clear pathway to move into more senior roles and respective earnings in line with this.

Cons

Lost direction in the COVID storm, too many aggressive growth plans have led to a bit of a fragmented work place Can take a while to see the fruits of your labour, but as is standard in recruitment

6. COVID-19

"Was a good company to work for but on the decline..."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England, England

I worked at La Fosse Associates full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Some great people and have made some friends for life through working there.

Cons

Their three values are care, ambition and humility. However, their care has not been demonstrated over the course of this year, especially since Covid-19 hit in March. They on the surface look like a “caring” employer - with some good albeit not entirely useful mental health support available, but they really lack the fundamental support of what this means in practice. They forced everyone back to the office the second it was allowed by the government when a very large percentage of people were not comfortable with it, and those who weren’t were made to feel bad about it. Also during the redundancy of a large portion of junior members of staff they did act like they cared on the surface, but the decisions around deciding to not pay out holiday to people who were essentially going to be jobless for the near future was quite frankly a mistake. I hope things turn around for the sake of the people who are still there and having to work twice as hard to keep things together.

La Fosse Associates Response

November 23, 2020CEO

Hi – firstly, thanks for taking the time to provide feedback. Our mental health support programme covers personal counselling, individual coaching, 121 phone based Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, workshops on nutrition, stress management and free gym membership. We deliver this via a freelance Counsellor, Sanctus and BUPA primarily –we don’t think that all parts of that will be useful to everyone – but we would rather provide as many options as possible. Safety is our primary concern, but we do believe it’s better to be together – for a number of reasons. We have always acted out of an excess of caution to provide a safe environment and to work in consultation with employees on where they should work –listening to genuine concerns is always what guides the decision. It’s somewhat of a moot point now that 90% of the company are working remotely, but you are right: a lot of people were uncomfortable coming back in at first. I was one of them – after everything we have all been through, it seemed quite daunting. But for nearly everyone at that time, it turned out to be the right thing for them, and something they got quickly into. I am very sorry if you were made to feel bad about not coming in. It was something we worked hard to avoid happening anywhere but it sounds as if this wasn’t your experience. Re holiday pay – we did pay this, but people were expected to take their holiday as part of their notice. I understand your frustration, and of course anyone being made redundant would want to be paid more. So I am sorry if the expectation wasn’t communicated well. However, we did everything possible to balance our commitment to caring for ex-employees and our care for our current employees. Redundancies are the very last thing any business want to go through. Many thousands of businesses are doing so now though. Nearly all in response to Covid, and nearly all with the same aim in mind – to preserve as many jobs as possible in the longer run. To summarise – thanks again for everything you did for us while you were here. We will always be grateful for that, and we are sorry we could not have done more for you. There are definitely points we want to improve on as a consequence of this feedback. And some decisions we had to take in the interests of the whole team that we understand you are not happy about, but couldn’t have done differently. In any event, I hope you have found the next opportunity that’s right for you, and all the best with it.

7. "Decent Specialist business"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England, England

I have been working at La Fosse Associates full-time

Pros

* Good support and motivation to build a desk

Cons

* Already established business leaders, lack of progression opportunities to senior positions

8. "La Fosse are the personally the best Recruitment company in the UK"

I have been working at La Fosse Associates full-time for more than a year

Pros

Highly experienced management with an incredible cross-collaboration mindset which maximises our business.

Cons

The monthly threshold is pretty high (£10,000 in my case) and the deficit format that rolls over each month is pretty gruelling and can be very demotivating. The work life balance doesn't really exist, but if you do recruitment then you should know that this isn't really a thing anyway!

9. "Good place to work"

4.0

I have been working at La Fosse Associates full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Growing business. Good culture across the majority of the business, which is rare to say within recruitment!

Cons

Quite Junior Leadership across various Divisions, but catch22 of this is that they offer opportunity to those internally.

Continue reading
  10. "Fast-paced yet pleasant environment"

4.0
    Former Employee - Finance Assistant in London, England, England

I worked at La Fosse Associates full-time

Pros

Challenging, fast-paced work. The work you're doing feels like it's making a difference since it's still a young company with young, talented people.

Cons

The company is suffering from scalability issues, growing from a small into a mid-sized business, meaning some of the processes are very dated and designed for a company much smaller than itself.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 125 Reviews