La Fosse Associates Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Found 91 reviews

4.8
La Fosse Associates CEO Simon La Fosse
Simon La Fosse
Pros
  • "La Fosse seem to have the right balance between the corporate FTSE 250 and the boutique family feel(in 36 reviews)

• "Perks: Ski Trip, Royal Ascot, Free Gym Membership amongst many others(in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • "Long hours but this is industry standard(in 11 reviews)

• "No cons from La Fosse - you get out what you put in(in 8 reviews)

"Great company, great culture"

I have been working at La Fosse Associates full-time for less than a year

Pros

I've only been with LFA for 1 month, but have been really impressed so far. I've worked in rec for 3 years and was in a large organisation for a few years before that, and this is the best culture of any business I've been a part of. People have made a genuine effort to get to know new people, coffee, lunch etc, and the business highlights 'culture wins' ahead of company performance, and its still performing... extremely well. Combine that with a very high standard of personnel and great benefits e.g massages, free gym, company wide annual ski trip, huge seasonal events and its a pretty great place to work.

Cons

CRM needs updating moving forward

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on the people and culture

La Fosse Associates2019-09-25

September 28, 2019CEO

That’s so good to hear....especially in the context of you having worked in a number of other companies...thank you. And with regard to the CRM we hear you and it will be updated in due course. It’s a big investment in both money and time but we are building a fund and would expect to have it underway within 12 months assuming continued strong trading.

"A truly great place to be"

Current Employee - FP&A Analyst in London, England

I have been working at La Fosse Associates full-time for less than a year

Pros

Friendly atmosphere, challenging tasks, helpful colleagues, exciting projects

Cons

Not much that i can think of

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and work harder as the company keeps growing

La Fosse Associates2019-08-29

September 20, 2019CEO

Thank you!!

"Initial impressions are all positive... even better than I had expected"

Current Employee - Managing Consultant in London, England

I have been working at La Fosse Associates full-time for less than a year

Pros

I've worked in the rec industry for 7 years now, starting out with the biggest name in the UK and then moved in to boutique and more specialist firms. La Fosse seem to have the right balance between the corporate FTSE 250 and the boutique family feel. I've only been here a month, but thought right to share my initial impressions - I know from experience that you get a 'vibe' from a company immediately, even at... interview stage. I'm treated like an adult, surrounded and supported by the biggest billers in London and have the managerial support to go along with it. The commission heavily outweighs any other package I've looked at in the past and the incentives (ski trip, days out, summer party) are just the icing on the cake. It's easy for a junior recruiter to join a firm and become brainwashed at a new business, but take it from a guy that's been there and done it - I feel proud to be a part of the best in the business and look forward to developing my career further at La Fosse.

Cons

There's a level of expectation because everyone else around you is doing well, but it has certainly given me a wake up call as to what hard work actually looks like!

Advice to Management

Keep supporting managers as much as big billers, enabling them to deliver on other important factors - not just bottom line.

La Fosse Associates2019-08-29

September 20, 2019CEO

Thank you 😊. As an experienced recruiter it feels especially good to have you give such a positive review. Thanks also for your point about supporting the managers; it’s a really challenging ( and sometimes thankless) job and it’s helpful to be reminded to not take their efforts for granted, and to give them space to deliver outside of just the profit and loss stuff.

"Experienced Hire"

I have been working at La Fosse Associates full-time for more than a year

Pros

- The board, senior managers and Simon himself are what they say on the tin. Genuinely really nice people and Simon is present and there to talk to newbies which is really nice. - Flexible working, gym membership, opportunity to travel and really expose yourself to clients - Genuinely brilliant reputation in the market which makes candidate and client interaction more meaningful as you don't feel like you are... selling a lie, La Fosse really pioneer the 'care' attitude and it's clear that is lived by everybody here - No unnecessary KPI's and you get a lot of autonomy in the business - Interview process was extremely quick, flexible and barely had to take any time off work - I feel like the work I do is really honest, has meaning and I believe in the company vision - Simon & James really listen to employees as a lot of changes are being made to keep everybody happy, which is not easy to do so hats off to them

Cons

- Feel like in my interview there could have been more transparency on the collaborative nature of the business. A lot of people here are but there are some who can be shady with accounts and not respectful of others candidates/clients. Maybe that is something that divisional heads or senior managers could combat, but where they must hire from so many other rec cultures, that 'sharky' attitude is very apparent in... some consultants on the floor. It wouldn't have deterred me from picking LFA if that was clarified in interview. It was more disappointing that it was dressed up that everybody is collaborative when I have seen first hand that there can still be work done towards this. - A lot of sub cultures, can be quite cliquey with teams

Advice to Management

I think management are great but should look in to more incentives to get the collaborative nature flowing through everybody. I get it's hard but if that is what the business wants to be built on then it's got to be embodied by everybody

La Fosse Associates2019-08-20

August 27, 2019CEO

Thanks for all of this. I guess this behaviour is inevitable once in a while but that doesn’t make it acceptable to us. And furthermore if we don’t address it it will of course fundamentally damage our culture. So thanks for bringing it to our attention but please make sure that you speak to all the right people about it so we can do something about it. Your direct manager is a good starting point and HR are of course available as well. Please do give them specific examples. And James and I (Simon) are always available to discuss this kind of thing. Whilst we increasingly find ourselves taking on people from other recruitment companies we wouldn’t take them on if we didn’t feel they shared similar values so if this is happening, we need to address it effectively. Thanks also for your advice. Dealing with it when we see it is part of the solution but some additional incentives focussed on collaboration is a great idea. Watch this space!

"An Industry Leader for a reason"

Former Employee - Associate Consultant in London, England

I worked at La Fosse Associates full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Training programme that is second to none. Their sales training sets you up with the skills to be successful in any industry, not just recruitment. - Collaborative environment that is a pleasure to be a part of. - Flexibility to move across departments/teams if you have other interests. - Great perks and benefits with most not being incentive based - Great place to start your career, lots of responsibility... given early on and potential to be very successful.

Cons

- Often little research & data put into new verticals given to associates to specialise in. A lot is done on "feel"but there is flexibility to move into new areas if not working. - Normal growing pains of a company that's growing rapidly. - Office & computers that is bursting at the seams in terms of capacity and more dated every day compared to competitors. I believe there is a plan in place over to... resolve this soon. - CRM is also very dated and not user-friendly. Believe you would see massive ROI on update to Salesforce etc.

Advice to Management

- Begin more data-driven research into finding new verticals for associates - Keep the family atmosphere from the top-down even when growing rapidly!

La Fosse Associates2019-07-25

July 28, 2019CEO

Thank you for all this feedback. I agree with your observations about researching verticals better. We want to move quickly and be entrepreneurial but that doesn’t mean we can’t also be thorough. WRT office space we have just signed up to get more space in our building so that will help in the short term. Next year we will be moving to a new office that will be huge and give us plenty of space for us to grow into. And lastly, on the CRM I agree and we are reviewing it but will probably get our move sorted out before we dive into that.

"The best in the business"

Current Employee - Associate Consultant in London, England

I have been working at La Fosse Associates full-time for less than a year

Pros

Without being bias La Fosse really are a cut above the rest of the industry in everything they preach. The culture is fantastic and everyone here makes you feel welcome from Day 1. There is trust and transparency between management and staff and it's a really enjoyable place to work.

Cons

Not enough croissants in the morning :)

Advice to Management

Keep it up, you are taking La Fosse to all the right places

La Fosse Associates2019-07-24

July 28, 2019CEO

Thank you 🙏 for such encouraging feedback. And we promise to look into the Croissant budget 😁

7. "A good business to work for"

Former Employee - Associate Consultant

I worked at La Fosse Associates full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great training in most areas, meaning not only are you equipped to do your job well but management is also very good. Good commission structure for 360 consultants

Cons

Double standards across the business, management do what they want whilst associates adhere to strict rules Too many micro cultures within the business, standards depend on what team you’re in Sold the dream when it came to earning potential when I first joined Tick box approach to mental health assistance

Advice to Management

Go back to basics. The business has outgrown the approach to culture in terms of autonomy and flexibility. There needs to be more structure around the standards across the organisation

La Fosse Associates2019-08-05

August 7, 2019CEO

Hi there....thanks for your feedback and for giving us a 4 out of 5 rating despite your misgivings. You make some interesting points that I think we should look into. It’s the first feedback of this nature that we’ve had so it’s difficult to quantify it. But it’s certainly going to spark some conversations in the management team and help us to look closely at the areas you mention. I’m sad that you feel we have tick box approach to mental health. It’s something we spend a lot of time, care and money on and to date we’ve felt proud of what we do in this area. I appreciate however that this is not your experience. If you want to discuss this and the other points please do call me. I would really like to talk it through. All the best, Simon

8. "Fantastic company culture and great opportunities to progress!"

I have been working at La Fosse Associates full-time for more than a year

Pros

Culture is fantastic and everyone is on board for the same reasons, to be successful. Very collaborative as everyone is open to helping at all times.

Cons

As any growing company there are teething pains. Maintaining culture can be different but the management team are doing lots to combat this.

La Fosse Associates2019-07-29

August 10, 2019CEO

Thanks 🙏 It’s great that you mention two things the company holds close to it’s heart. Namely this idea that an ambitious and collaborative /caring environment can exist together and in fact feed each other. It’s also good to hear that you feel there is a proactive focus on maintaining our culture. It’s easy to assume that it looks after itself but we need to be reminded to guard against any complacency and have it front of mind always.

9. "Great atmosphere"

Current Employee - Associate Consultant

I have been working at La Fosse Associates full-time

Pros

As soon as I joined LaFosse they have made me feel at home. I cannot stress how hard it is to find a recruitment company which values its staff above all else. This company gives you the opportunity to work on your own accord so you get out what you put in. Plus there is a company meeting every Friday with drinks to talk about the highlights of the week. You will not find a company like this within city!

Cons

Long hours; but working within recruitment that is expected, otherwise recruitment is not the career for you.

Advice to Management

None

La Fosse Associates2019-06-20

June 24, 2019CEO

Thanks 🙏 for taking the time to post this...and glad we’re all making you feel welcome 😊

10. "Great start"

Current Employee - Associate Consultant

I have been working at La Fosse Associates full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Very welcoming employees throughout the business - Clear targets (short and longer term) - Excellent training programme -Business meeting every Friday to highlight positives from the week -Motivating environment

Cons

None that I can think of..

La Fosse Associates2019-06-12