La Fosse Associates Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

4.8
La Fosse Associates Founder and CEO Simon La Fosse
Simon La Fosse

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Other companies should look to La Fosse" (in 31 reviews)

• "Culture wise, they are trying to make a difference in the industry externally by treating people well, but this is also reflected internally" (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "Long hours, as expected with any recruitment job" (in 10 reviews)

• "No cons from La Fosse - you get out what you put in" (in 8 reviews)

1. "The only place to work!"

I have been working at La Fosse Associates full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Having worked here over a year I thought it time to leave an honest review about La Fosse. I've never experienced a culture like this - despite growing so rapidly, they do everything possible to retain the family-like, collegiate culture.

To be a step-change in the recruitment industry as they are is refreshing, and it makes you believe in what you are doing. As a consultant, you are often met with sighs of disdain of recruiters, but everyone I come in contact with has had a positive experience of La Fosse (that I know of!).

I'm looking forward to growing with La Fosse, and am grateful for the opportunity they give and that I can take from them.

Cons

No cons from La Fosse - you get out what you put in...

Advice to Management

Keep growing and keep the culture!

2. "Working at La Fosse"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant

I have been working at La Fosse Associates full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Excellent chance for progression, you can really make the job what you want
    - Great team environment
    - Fantastic commission
    - Very supportive management

Cons

-Long hours but this is industry standard

Advice to Management

It would be beneficial for the business to have the separate departments more aligned and working together across verticle, and accounts. This is something that is changing, however.

3. "Excellent Place To Work"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in London, England
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in London, England

I have been working at La Fosse Associates full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

La Fosse is a very unique place to work. They manage the balance of enabling their people to work hard and maintain a healthy life balance / job fulfillment to an expert level. The awards for best companies to work for are spot on, they offer very competitive remuneration packages and excellent career progression. They have a flat management structure and everyone is open and transparent.

Cons

LFA are growing so quickly and work in a fail fast type of environment. Sometimes we can make mistakes (which is no bad thing at all) but sometimes we can waste time with these kinds of things.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing.

4. "Anniversary"

I have been working at La Fosse Associates full-time

Pros

Other companies should look to La Fosse. Only then will they understand the true meaning of culture.
    It's not work if your surrounded by your mates.

Cons

I honestly don't have a bad word to say about La Fosse.

3 Nov 2018 – CEO

Thank you!

5. "La Fosse Associates"

I have been working at La Fosse Associates full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I joined La Fosse last September with no prior recruitment experience. The personal training with the L&D team and my manager in the first month gave me the confidence needed to get started.

The office atmosphere is relaxed and a far cry from the stereotypical corporate environment. The opportunity to progress is excellent.

Everyone is welcoming and there are lots of incentives and nights out to enjoy!

Cons

There are not any negatives.

28 Sep 2018 – CEO

Thank you and good luck!

6. "Supportive Company!"

Current Employee - Resourcing Executive in Leeds, England
    Current Employee - Resourcing Executive in Leeds, England

I have been working at La Fosse Associates full-time

Pros

I have been at La Fosse for 2.5 years and have received great support and training throughout.

La Fosse Leeds and London both have supportive staff and management who are happy to help you reach your career goals in whichever route you decide to take.

For me, I decided to take a different route and went down a 180 role, and that decision has been supported by my manager and wider senior management.

Even though La Fosse has grown significantly over the past few years, I feel the company still maintains a supportive and values-driven approach.

Cons

As with any recruitment company, the hours can be long, but that is just part and parcel of most recruitment roles, the more effort you put in the greater the results!

10 Sep 2018 – CEO

Thanks for taking the time to contribute. Really appreciated and it’s good to know we have been able to help you move in a different career direction within La Fosse

7. "Great place to develop a career in recruitment"

I have been working at La Fosse Associates full-time

Pros

Great culture
    Annual ski trip
    Award winning training programme

Cons

Overly ambitious growth plans- large turnover of staff.

Advice to Management

Would be better focusing on current employees development, instead of hiring more people

10 Sep 2018 – CEO

Thanks for your feedback. It’s good to know that you feel our training is really strong. But puzzling to also realise that you feel we could focus on our current staff better. I guess this probably... More

"Recruitment - Done Differently"

Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant
    Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant

I have been working at La Fosse Associates full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Genuine appetite from the top down to improve the reputation of the recruitment industry through better working practices and offering a quality service to candidates and clients.

- Excellent training scheme and investment in their staff.

- Meritocracy backed up by strong incentives for success.

Cons

- Nothing that isn't aligned to the reality of the recruitment industry i.e targets, longer hours (when required), challenging role.

21 Jul 2018 – CEO

Thanks for taking the time to write a review; it’s appreciated!

"Great company, great choice!"

I have been working at La Fosse Associates full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

As soon as I joined La Fosse it has been a very big learning curve being my first foray into recruitment. Having been slightly skeptical of the whole industry I was taken aback by the level of sophistication and on-hand help to develop your career./skills.

On top of the dedicated training team, the employees, especially the senior management team, are approachable and more than happy to share their experience with even the newest members of the team.

From my understanding the remuneration and benefits are within the top percentile in the recruitment industry. For me this makes it exceptionally attractive to both work for the business and yourself.

Cons

There are long hours required but I feel that is industry standard....

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and maintain your current philosophies!

21 Jul 2018 – CEO

Thank you for your comments. And rest assured we don’t take any of this for granted and we will all continue to work hard to ensure we maintain our current ethos and culture. It sits at the heart of... More

"Experienced Hire"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at La Fosse Associates full-time (More than a year)

Pros

• Role accurately sold – was told at interview stage about an autonomous and collaborative environment with an onus on treating candidates and employees well. Both have turned out to be true.
    • Successful strategy – teams set up with a strong offering in well-chosen markets, facilitating strong synergy and commercial opportunities.
    • High-performance culture – some serious billers knocking around, but don't make a song and dance about it.

Cons

• Standard recruitment gripes; long ours, high-expectations, cold-calling, difficult at the beginning etc
    • Office reaching capacity – a bit tight at times.

Advice to Management

• Maintain high-standards policy for future recruitment, especially when looking to rapidly grow.

27 Jun 2018 – CEO

Thanks for the feedback. And yes sorry about the office space. It’s a tricky one to manage as we’re growing so quickly. We’ve just taken more space on another floor so that’s going to help a lot :)