La Fosse Associates Reviews

Found 136 of over 141 reviews

4.6
La Fosse Associates Founder and Executive Chairman Simon La Fosse
Simon La Fosse
Pros
  • "La Fosse facilitate career growth in the ways that you want(in 42 reviews)

• "I could go on about the Ski trip and Gym benefits, but for me it's the small things that make a massive difference(in 13 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Long hours; but working within recruitment that is expected, otherwise recruitment is not the career for you(in 15 reviews)

• "I honestly don't have a bad word to say about La Fosse(in 8 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0

Amazing Culture

Oct 11, 2021 - Bid Manager in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I've joined La Fosse Digital Outcomes and my first week has been great. This organisation are so welcoming, everyone is friendly and helpful. There is a real push for mental health awareness and charity awareness which is great to see! I appreciate the honesty and openness within the company.

Cons

I have not found any.

2. 3.0
      Former Employee

Feedback

Oct 13, 2021 - Recruitment Consultant in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent commission if you are strong recruiter.

Cons

-Long hours - Deficit period before you make commission

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Positive Culture

Sep 22, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Culture truly stands out. - Lots of opportunities for growth. - Opportunity to wfh so good work/life balance. - Culture wins are always a nice nod to people who have presented La Fosse’s values. You can see clearly week on week employees always go above and beyond to help each other out.

Cons

I haven’t been at the company for long, and nothing comes to mind which is a good sign.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great business with an amazing culture!

Aug 19, 2021 - Senior Consultant in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I'm currently in my second month at La Fosse and I'm so happy with my choice to move to this business. Everyone in the company is very friendly and helpful, my managers are really supportive and Inspiring and the whole culture of La Fosse is amazing. La Fosse are leaders in what they do, they have a huge market presence in technology and have invested into other services that put the ahead of their competitors such LFDO and Futureproof. The business is really dynamic and you're given a lot of options and opportunities to succeed as well as a really motivating and attractive commission structure and benefits package. The training that is provided to you once you start at the business is also superb. I would highly recommend La Fosse to anyone on the look out for a new recruitment opportunity.

Cons

Currently have no cons to disclose. I'm new to business and so far the team have been very welcoming and the company has ticked all the boxes for what I was looking for.

Managing Director

Hi - firstly, welcome to the team! As we grow it's really important to us that everyone feels this way from the start: especially with regards to the people and culture. Your leading with those two elements really reflects the emphasis we have always placed on them so that's great to see in itself. As is your positive feedback on our presence, other services, package and training. Having said all that, we are always looking for areas to improve, and know there is always a better way - so please to keep leaning in as it looks like you are, and let your manager, the People team or me know if there is anything we can be doing to improve or better support you. Thanks again for the write up! All the best for now James

5. 5.0

A brilliant environment

Jul 26, 2021 - Associate Consultant in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Equity in the company, a solid base pay and commission structure with benefits and bonuses. The team works hard to make you an expert in your field and are genuinely some of the hardest working people you could find.

Cons

The role is hard work, you get what you put in and if you are doing the grind than you get the rewards.

Managing Director

Hi - thanks so much for taking the time to write this review. Good to know you feel the comp, commission, reward and options package is strong. And I couldn't agree more on how committed the whole team is to working hard and helping us all achieve more together - has always felt like a real privilege to be part of (and humbling/developmental as well!). So it's great you feel this way. It is hard work, but I know we can always do more to support people - it's a marathon not a sprint, so do please let me, your manager or HR know if there is more we can do for you along the journey.

6. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Not for everyone

Aug 11, 2021 - Senior Consultant in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Some good people, some very good clients and some very successful recruiters.

Cons

Many not-so-nice people and a bit of an old boys club. Helps to fit in if you live in Clapham or SW.

Managing Director

Hi - thanks for the feedback - good to hear the positives: especially on our People. Our team and culture are so important to us on many levels. Including - as you mention - to our collective ability to win and partner with great clients and produce very successful recruiters. I am really sorry you felt it wasn't for everyone - we work very hard to create an inclusive and meritocratic environment. There are positives. On the people point you mention: in our anonymous bi-weekly survey, our staff rate their relationship with peers and their managers very highly in general: higher that the all-industry benchmark. More specifically to your points, 98% say their peers welcome opinions other than their own, and that's the same % who feel the team will devote their time to others when asked for help. This isn't perfect I know - but more importantly, if anyone feels the way you do, it's very much something we would want to listen to and address, as it wouldn't be in line with our Culture, how we work with each other generally, or the values that have been a big part of our success to date (and will be in future). So I am sorry your experience was not reflective of this, but appreciate the feedback as it's a strong reminder that there is always more to be done - and that we are right to prioritise our people and constantly improve the ways we all work together. If you would like to share any more specifics to further help us make improvements, you can always reach me confidentially on james.parker@lafosse.com, otherwise thanks for your time with us and all the best in the future.

7. 5.0

A train worth boarding!

Jul 15, 2021 - Senior Consultant in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

on a growth trajectory so seems like the right time to get on board. the stops along the way to promotions or personal success seem clear and well laid out. company culture is inclusive, with work to be done but they seem open to changing and adapting to the modern world of recruitment and world of work. people seem very friendly and open to helping out. good salary and commission structure (especially if coming from large corp agency) again this should be an ever evolving piece within an agency so interesting to see if that happens in the future. reward and recognition is clearly at the forefront of what they do which is brilliant to see. incentives etc are very good advancing in technology and plans around this so also positive thus far. other lines of business such as futureproof is a very interesting concept that offers the market something new and exciting vs standard agency bolt-ons.

Cons

nothing outside of standard recruitment cons such as hours - not a fault of LFA but rather an industry downfall. Could they be the ones to rock the boat on that, in time to come?

Managing Director

Hi – really appreciate this thoughtful and detailed review – thanks for taking the time to write it. Building on our growth trajectory will take all the components you called out: reward, recognition, L&D, tech, innovative services etc. So it’s great to hear you are positive about those parts of La Fosse. But most of all we feel it’s about Culture, so I am glad your experience on that front has been good, especially that people have been helpful – it makes such a difference. I agree there is more work to be done on inclusion (and can I add diversity) but as you say, we are up for driving that change and are making progress. The hours can be a challenge at times – especially with the kind of client demand a lot of our teams are seeing now. We work hard to support everyone to work in a sustainable and balanced way, and am sure a continued focus on this front will help us improve over time. Thanks again James

8. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Really fantastic bunch of people

Jul 15, 2021 - Senior Recruitment Consultant in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

The company genuinely cares and my experience at La Fosse was overwhelmingly positive. The people are by far what makes it a great place to work, but the added benefits of free gym etc definitely help! There is pretty good L&D in place and I always felt really supported from that sense

Cons

No business is perfect and most of LFA's frustrations are internal growing pains/working out the best route forward. I had my fair few gripes with certain processes but in general I look book really positively on my time there.

Managing Director

Care is central to what we are about. Authentically living our values takes a commitment from the whole team, so I am really grateful for the work I am sure you put in to contributing to the culture as well as benefiting from it. Thanks for your work over the years as well – I agree that the people are a great part of La Fosse, so thanks for being one of them :) Building a high-performance team while staying true to our values won’t always go smoothly. We have to keep learning and evolving our processes so apologies if we weren’t quick enough to do that & caused any of those gripes you mention. Apologies also if your salary wasn’t set at the right level – I agree with you that it should never take a resignation for this to happen, we should be ahead of the curve. So I am sorry that we didn’t get this right as far as you are concerned and will use this feedback as part of our ongoing commitment to improvement. However, I would like to challenge your perspective on the threshold. This is just a process to make sure our commission scheme is fair. As a current working example, if you bill 300K this year, you could expect to earn 100K, comprised of your basic and commission. You’ll earn a third of what you bill. Because of the threshold set up, this will be true whether your basic is 30K, 50K, or more. This feels fair to us – if you perform the same as someone on a higher salary than you, why should you earn less overall than them? This way, people who will the same, earn the same: a third of what they bill. If you did feel under pressure at any time to bill in line with your basic, I would still see that as a management responsibility of course, but one focussed on how to better support you to achieve more and better sustain that performance over time. And of course, if there is anyone in the team who is reading this feeling that pressure, please do reach out to your manager, HR, Divisional Head or me - we are all here to help. Thanks again for everything you did while you were here – and all the best with your next move. James

9. 5.0
      Current Employee

Does what it says on the tin

Jun 19, 2021 - Senior Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Lives it’s values, incredible place to work.

Cons

No cons to speak of

Managing Director

Thank you for this - short and to the point! Living our values and creating the conditions for good people to do great work is central to everyone here - not just to the management team of course - but to everyone in the team. So in addition to your kind words, thanks for the part I am sure you are playing in delivering on these commitments. Thanks James

10. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Phenomenal Leaders

Jun 16, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Full of opportunity, great leadership, and solid ethical mentality

Cons

Fast growth business with lots of opportunities, which creates both highs and lows.

Managing Director

Thanks for taking the time to write this. Good to know you can see a good level of opportunity & also feel supported in terms of the leadership and culture. I also recognise there are challenges associated with high growth - helping people though those is a big focus for us, whether it's training, direction or simply by listening and being supportive. So please do let me know if there is anything more we can be doing for you - just drop me a line on james.parker@lafosse.com or talk to your manager. Thanks again James

Viewing 1 - 10 of 136 Reviews