La Fosse Associates Reviews

Updated 10 Jul 2020

4.8
La Fosse Associates Founder and Executive Chairman Simon La Fosse
Simon La Fosse
Pros
  • "La Fosse facilitate career growth in the ways that you want(in 42 reviews)

• "I could go on about the Ski trip and Gym benefits, but for me it's the small things that make a massive difference(in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • "Long hours; but working within recruitment that is expected, otherwise recruitment is not the career for you(in 13 reviews)

• "I honestly don't have a bad word to say about La Fosse(in 8 reviews)

1. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England

I have been working at La Fosse Associates full-time

Pros

The culture and ethos are great

Cons

None I can think of

2. "Great culture"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultannt in London, England

I have been working at La Fosse Associates full-time for less than a year

Pros

A great bunch of people across the board. A real supportive, family feel. A genuine bunch.

Cons

Long, intense hours. But if you know anything about recruitment, that won't come as a shock to you!

June 17, 2020CEO

Thanks! It’s good to know that you’re feeling supported and looked after despite the market being tough at the moment. Thanks for your positivity and in the meantime we’ll try our best not to micromanage 😊

3. "La Fosse Recruiter"

4.0
    Current Employee - Recruiter

I have been working at La Fosse Associates full-time

Pros

Good warm desks to bill on

Cons

Bit of a weird croud

4. "Delivery Consultant Review"

Current Employee - Delivery Consultant in London, England

I have been working at La Fosse Associates full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Very flexible for you to mould your role into what you want it to be. I'm afforded complete autonomy. - La Fosse facilitate career growth in the ways that you want. If you want to be a big biller you can do that, alternatively if you want to manage a large team then there's opportunity for that too - Great culture, everyone is really helpful and collaborative and I feel completely comfortable asking anyone in the business for help or advice

Cons

- Growing too fast, it's a great thing but it seems the quality and control is starting to dip lower than I'd like - Quite hierarchical, can be very difficult to get your ideas listened to if you're a more junior employee

March 11, 2020CEO

Thanks for the pros and the cons. You make some great points and we should listen carefully to people at all levels. You’re so right it’s often easier for someone new to our industry to realise that accepted assumptions are not necessarily correct. I agree with your comments about accountability; we will look at it. Lastly, thanks for still giving us five stars despite the misgivings you mention.

5. "Great company to work for"

I have been working at La Fosse Associates part-time for less than a year

Pros

Great culture & strong value (Care, Ambition, Humility). They really seem to care about their employees, we get a range of benefits, gym etc. High growth so lots of opportunities Transparent commission structure Good calibre people

Cons

Nothing so far - office is a bit outdated but we are moving soon into modern offices so will be sorted soon!

March 5, 2020CEO

Thanks for the feedback. And thanks also for your patience with the office....the new one is being fitted out for us as we speak and we’re really excited about it. It’s 50% bigger than our existing setup and I think it will be our best office space yet. At its peak there have been over 40 tradesmen working on it. It’s a big investment but one we’re delighted to be in a position to make.

6. "Fantastic Company"

Current Employee - Commercial Support in London, England

I have been working at La Fosse Associates full-time for less than a year

Pros

Really friendly, caring culture. I've never worked in such a big company, where so many people all across the board, go out of their way to introduce themselves, and make you feel welcome. This can be quite rare in recruitment. Great training programmes and learning opportunities. Great benefits package and focus on mental wellbeing and self care. They make a great effort to look after their staff and make it a positive environment, any concerns are always listened to and dealt with.

Cons

I really can't think of any.

March 5, 2020CEO

Thank you 🙏 You never really know what somebody’s experience is like when they start and it’s so good to know that everyone is still making an effort to welcome new team members in. It’s also rewarding to know that you feel we’re responsive to concerns. Good luck with your career!

7. "La Fosse Associate New Starter Review"

Current Employee - Associate Consultant in London, England

I have been working at La Fosse Associates full-time for less than a year

Pros

Comprehensive L&D programme, progression and promotion is encouraged, staff well being is highly regarded, free gym membership, monthly massages, monthly mental health awareness/support. Very friendly/family like working environment unlike other "cut throat" recruitment agencies.

Cons

No cons! - you may stay late sometimes however, I don't see this as a con myself...I think this is standard in recruitment. It's down to you, if you want to place those candidates you will stay later and dedicate some extra time to succeed and meet your targets/achieve goals.

March 5, 2020CEO

Thanks so much for the feedback! And I have to say that I agree with your comments about working hard. It’s difficult to achieve amazing things without putting the hours in occasionally. The most important thing however is that you feel comfortable with the effort you’re putting in and you take the time to look after yourself. We don’t want the environment to be overly demanding because it’s simply not enjoyable or productive for anyone. So please remember; it’s a marathon not a sprint and good luck with managing that balance.

"Working at La Fosse"

Current Employee - Associate Consultant in London, England

I have been working at La Fosse Associates full-time

Pros

Amazing culture and real opportunity to grow within the company! Have been welcomed in with open arms and made to feel at home right away. Definitely recommend La Fosse for anyone looking to kick start there career and who like myself have been at crossroads most of my younger years!

Cons

Nothing! Absolutely love working for the company.

January 24, 2020CEO

What can we say other than thank you? You also happen to be our 100th Glassdoor review so it feels very special that this was the one to get us to our centenary. Apart from anything else reviews like this are just great to hear and inspire us to continue trying to make La Fosse a rewarding place to work. Good luck for the future and I really hope we continue to deliver for you.

9. "Brilliant start, great company"

Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Victoria, England

I have been working at La Fosse Associates full-time for less than a year

Pros

Everyone is so so friendly, very inclusive. People go on about the culture but it's absolutely true! The training is great as well, La Fosse really set you up to succeed.

Cons

Long hours but it's expected in recruitment!

December 18, 2019CEO

Thank you so much for such generous feedback. Good luck for the future and in the meantime have a great festive break!👍

10. "Really loving it so far!"

Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Victoria, England

I have been working at La Fosse Associates full-time for less than a year

Pros

The people and culture of the office is incredibly friendly and welcoming. Everyone's always positive and it has made my induction into the role as smooth and easy as possible.

Cons

It has been hard adjusting to longer work hours, but with the office being so fun the days are flying by! So, no real cons!

December 18, 2019CEO

Good to know you’re enjoying it and thanks so much for taking the time to let us know 🙏

Found 106 reviews