Las Iguanas Reviews

Found 212 of over 218 reviews

4.2
Las Iguanas CEO Alan Morgan
Alan Morgan
Pros
  • "I joined to Las iguanas in 2016 as a General Manager in York(in 11 reviews)

• "Great support from head office and freedom to run your site how you see fit(in 10 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Just like in every place sometimes you have to work long hours, There are rude customers(in 21 reviews)

• "It’s hard work but it’s enjoyable(in 13 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee

Bartender

Nov 11, 2021 - Bartender
      Business Outlook

Pros

flexible hours, good shift patterns and flexible with uni

Cons

some shifts are 14 hours.

Recruitment Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a Glassdoor review! It's great to hear that you really feel part of the Iguanas family. Thank you again and we're really glad you're enjoying your time with us!

2. 4.0
      Former Employee

Fun but stressful

Jan 11, 2022 - Unemployed in Camberley, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

A good company, fun job.

Cons

Very minimal training, can be very stressful.

3. 4.0
      Current Employee

Good team

Jan 5, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good team and management was great

Cons

Understaffing at times meant long hours

4. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Extremely enjoyable part-time job while studying

Dec 2, 2021 - Bartender in Aberdeen, Scotland
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very good management team and colleagues. Good Work culture with many incentives and further training opportunities.

Cons

The cons of this role was more to do with the nature of a customer facing industry and the size of the bar at the location but that isn't really the fault of the company.

Recruitment Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a Glassdoor review! It's great to hear that you really feel part of the Iguanas family. Thank you again and we're really glad you enjoyed your time with us!

5. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great

Oct 18, 2021 - Server
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great flexible place to work as a student part time

Cons

Very Very busy, but this is also a pro as you get good tips on busy days!

6. 2.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Difficult

Oct 28, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Cardiff, Wales
      Business Outlook

Pros

Offer many hours during busy times of year Friendly team

Cons

Excessive demands High staff turnover

Recruitment Manager

We are really sorry to hear your views on Las Iguanas. As a company we pride ourselves on the fantastic company culture and environment that has been created over the years. We would really like to discuss your feedback with you further. To do so please contact us at recruitment@bigtablegroup.com to arrange a suitable time.

7. 2.0
      Former Employee

avoid giving your life up for a minimum paying job

Oct 27, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Kingston upon Thames, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

free staff meal is rice and beans

Cons

it starts off as an enjoyable job where you want to work hard, managers try and befriend you or make you feel part of the team then start to make you feel guilty for not being able to cover shifts when we are massively understaffed with no effort to employ new people - say goodbye to having your birthday or any days you want off because managers will let you down at the last minute and never give a straight answer, they pay no more for making more experience staff train newer staff whilst they stand shout gossiping about them and make up excuses when you ask for a pay raise after being there for years. managers think they can intimidate you in front of others to establish power. late night closes where you go home past midnight and are rota'd back on in the morning with barely 9 hours sleep. minimum pay minimum benefits and favouritism throughout the whole culture of working at LI.

8. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Overall nice company but poor pay

Oct 25, 2021 - Server
      Business Outlook

Pros

Lovely work environment, vibrant atmosphere, young team.

Cons

Minimum wage, no pay rise after 3 years, founded upon taking advantage of staff.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company to work for! Highly recommend!

Oct 5, 2021 - General Manager in Southampton, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Competitive salaries, work life balance, good benefits, care about their employees, great food and drink offer, great recruitment process, very accommodating, diversity and inclusion,

Cons

None so far as just started only 4 weeks ago

10. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Needs work

Oct 19, 2021 - Bartender in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

You'll meet really great people along the way including some lovely customers!

Cons

Management tend to only acknowledge their own friends, so even if you do a great job you're often overlooked for promotions as these are given to people who are friendly with managers. Moreover, some managers will try their best to push out people they don't like or people with opinions.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 212 Reviews