Las Iguanas Employee Reviews about "hard work"

Updated Sep 11, 2021

Found 13 of over 218 reviews

4.1
Las Iguanas CEO Alan Morgan
Alan Morgan
Pros
  • "I joined to Las iguanas in 2016 as a General Manager in York(in 11 reviews)

• "Great support from head office and freedom to run your site how you see fit(in 10 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Just like in every place sometimes you have to work long hours, There are rude customers(in 21 reviews)

• "It’s hard work but it’s enjoyable(in 13 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "hard work"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Hard work but rewarding

Sep 11, 2021 - General Manager in Manchester, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good support structure in place and a lot better than the competition

Cons

Hard work especially at the moment but it is rewarding. Do not come if you are shy of rolling your sleeves up .

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

A great company with a strong future

Sep 3, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

A great culture, putting people first with strong leadership and a fun environment, great support amongst colleagues and very much a family feel to the team

Cons

A highly challenging and fast paced environment meaning great development opportunities and personal growth but hard work too.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

A fantastic team and an exciting future

Aug 23, 2021 - Marketing
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture and fantastic people who have really pulled together to get open again after a difficult 18 months. Lots of opportunities for everyone with new restaurants being opened. Lots of support from above. Just the best fun working for Las Iguanas

Cons

Hard work as with most hospitality, especially with the current challenges but it is appreciated!

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Amazing team and has given me motivation and drive for my whole career

Feb 16, 2021 - General Manager in Leeds, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

People Senior management support Fun environment Pride in what we sell Amazing experience for our guests Family atmosphere

Cons

It’s hard work but it’s enjoyable! There is so much support it doesn’t feel like hard work - and the benefits are amazing

1 person found this review helpful

Las Iguanas Response

Apologies for the delay in our response, due to the pandemic our team has been on furlough. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a Glassdoor review! It's great to hear that you really feel part of the Iguanas family. Thank you again and we're really glad you're enjoying your time with us!

5. 3.0
      Former Employee

Working

Dec 1, 2020 - Waitress
      Business Outlook

Pros

Free Meals Discount Good team work Positive outlook Good tips

Cons

Anti-social hours Late nights Hard work

Las Iguanas Response

Apologies for the delay in our response, due to the pandemic our team has been on furlough. We are really sorry to hear your views on Las Iguanas. As a company we pride ourselves on the fantastic company culture and environment that has been created over the years. We would really like to discuss your feedback with you further. To do so please contact us at recruitment@bigtablegroup.com to arrange a suitable time.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Like a family

Mar 20, 2020 - Supervisor/Key Holder in Bristol, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good incentives good surroundings positive atmosphere new learning and can always promote in internal

Cons

Hard work but worth it

Las Iguanas Response

Thank you for leaving us a review on Glassdoor! As you know, joining Las Iguanas is like joining a family, because we like to take care of one another. We offer benefits and incentives to thank you for your hard work, and above all else we want to help you succeed!

7. 5.0

Motivating and rewarding job

Sep 24, 2019 - General Manager in Leeds, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Your team is like your family. If you want to progress and work hard, you will get there. There are so many incentives and recognition for a job well done and the support you get from senior management is beyond anything I have encountered in previous roles

Cons

It’s hard work!! But it pays off!

Las Iguanas Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a Glassdoor review! It's great to hear that you really feel part of the Iguanas family and that you reap the benefits from our incentives and want for our people to progress with us! Thank you again and we're really glad you're enjoying your time with us!

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

If you like fun and being challenged then this the place for you!

Aug 6, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of fun to be had and friends to be made.

Cons

Hard work but hard play too.

Las Iguanas Response

Hello, Thank you for leaving us a Glassdoor review!! It is great to hear that there are lots of fun to be had and friends to be made. We are really glad you are enjoying your time with us! Thank you again.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Brilliant company to work for

Jul 29, 2019 - Food and Beverage Manager in Bristol, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

The Food, The Drink, The People, The Incentives, The Autonomy

Cons

Are there any?? Its hard work but I wouldn't expect anything less

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Fantastic Company with Approachable Head Office and Hard Working Staff

Jul 29, 2019 - Deputy Manager in Sheffield, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- You're an individual, not just a number - Head Office are all so lovely, on your side (especially the Guest Experience Manager) and willing to help - All the teams are hard working, and close knit, like a family - Excellent progression opportunities, for example I have worked my way up from being a student bartender to deputy manager. - You meet lifelong friends in this job - The incentives are insane and the Engagement Officer is one of a kind, with unlimited energy - Customer's enthusiasm for our food and drink is amazing, and always a great feeling - Iguanas is a family, and everyone is treated is as such - Fantastic and fair bonus scheme

Cons

- CDG is a large company and the HO is a bit like a maze to find the right person you need to talk to - It is hard work, especially in management, but the benefits are worth it.

Las Iguanas Response

Hello, Thank you for leaving us a Glassdoor review!! It is great to hear that you feel the head office are always willing to help and you can see you are not just a number! We are glad you are enjoying being part of the family and that there are excellent progressions opportunities and insane incentives. We are really glad you are enjoying your time with us! Thank you again.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 13 Reviews