Las Iguanas Employee Reviews about "hard work"

Updated 20 Mar 2020

4.6
Las Iguanas Julie McEwan Julie McEwan (no image)
Julie McEwan
Pros
  • "Great people to work with and for(in 7 reviews)

• "It’s fast paced and offers you daily challenges which is great if you get bored easily(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "Its hard work but I wouldn't expect anything less(in 8 reviews)

• "Long hours and heavy weeks for small salary(in 7 reviews)

Reviews about "hard work"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Like a family"

Current Employee - Supervisor/Key Holder in Bristol, England

I have been working at Las Iguanas full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good incentives good surroundings positive atmosphere new learning and can always promote in internal

Cons

Hard work but worth it

March 24, 2020

Thank you for leaving us a review on Glassdoor! As you know, joining Las Iguanas is like joining a family, because we like to take care of one another. We offer benefits and incentives to thank you for your hard work, and above all else we want to help you succeed!

2. "Motivating and rewarding job"

Current Employee - General Manager in Leeds, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Las Iguanas full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Your team is like your family. If you want to progress and work hard, you will get there. There are so many incentives and recognition for a job well done and the support you get from senior management is beyond anything I have encountered in previous roles

Cons

It’s hard work!! But it pays off!

October 1, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a Glassdoor review! It's great to hear that you really feel part of the Iguanas family and that you reap the benefits from our incentives and want for our people to progress with us! Thank you again and we're really glad you're enjoying your time with us!

3. "If you like fun and being challenged then this the place for you!"

I have been working at Las Iguanas part-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Lots of fun to be had and friends to be made.

Cons

Hard work but hard play too.

August 9, 2019

Hello, Thank you for leaving us a Glassdoor review!! It is great to hear that there are lots of fun to be had and friends to be made. We are really glad you are enjoying your time with us! Thank you again.

4. "Brilliant company to work for"

Current Employee - Food and Beverage Manager in Bristol, England

I have been working at Las Iguanas part-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The Food, The Drink, The People, The Incentives, The Autonomy

Cons

Are there any?? Its hard work but I wouldn't expect anything less

Continue reading
  5. "Fantastic Company with Approachable Head Office and Hard Working Staff"

Current Employee - Deputy Manager in Sheffield, England

I have been working at Las Iguanas full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- You're an individual, not just a number - Head Office are all so lovely, on your side (especially the Guest Experience Manager) and willing to help - All the teams are hard working, and close knit, like a family - Excellent progression opportunities, for example I have worked my way up from being a student bartender to deputy manager. - You meet lifelong friends in this job - The incentives are insane and the Engagement Officer is one of a kind, with unlimited energy - Customer's enthusiasm for our food and drink is amazing, and always a great feeling - Iguanas is a family, and everyone is treated is as such - Fantastic and fair bonus scheme

Cons

- CDG is a large company and the HO is a bit like a maze to find the right person you need to talk to - It is hard work, especially in management, but the benefits are worth it.

July 30, 2019

Hello, Thank you for leaving us a Glassdoor review!! It is great to hear that you feel the head office are always willing to help and you can see you are not just a number! We are glad you are enjoying being part of the family and that there are excellent progressions opportunities and insane incentives. We are really glad you are enjoying your time with us! Thank you again.

6. "Focused on People"

Current Employee - General Manager

I have been working at Las Iguanas full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great incentives and offer achievable rewards and bonuses especially when your part of the salaried team

Cons

It hard work as the company has the highest standards I've seen o the high street

July 30, 2019

Hello, Thank you for leaving us a Glassdoor review!! It is great to hear that you feel we have great incentives and achievable rewards! We are really glad you are enjoying your time with us!

7. "Dedication & passion - Our people make Iguanas awesome!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England

I have been working at Las Iguanas full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great place to work, very fun and energetic, full of solid & loyal people. If you put in the work you will certainly reap the benefits, reward & recognition. Loads of incentives for sites to get involved in.

Cons

It's hospitality, it's hard work & you should know the score. But nothing good comes easy and Iguanas is nothing like anywhere else. If you have weak work ethic do not apply, you won't keep up and you will leave.

November 9, 2018Recruitment Coordinator

We're so glad to hear that you are enjoying your time working for us and thank you for taking the time to leave us this great review! To hear that you find Las Iguanas is a fun , energetic and full of solid & loyal people is amazing. We are very proud of the investment we put into our people and incentives so it's great to see you enjoy this! Again thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.

8. "Good career starting point"

4.0
    Former Employee - Waitress

I worked at Las Iguanas full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The team at my site were great, really enjoyed working with them. Discounted staff menu was good for break times - meant you could try all the food on the menu cheaply. Staff discount was amazing. Generally quite flexible if you had any problems with shifts. A great job when you are young to help pay for uni or similar - after that I wouldn't recommend, unless you progress into management. It is a young persons job!

Cons

Taken over by a new company, too many negative changes, too much focus on money (I know this is the main focus of a business but when that affects service etc it isn't the most important thing). Massively flawed tip policy - tip out to kitchen and bar team members is absolutely fine, but leaving that in the hands of potentially greedy and dishonest wait staff is idiotic and unfair. Not much appreciation for hard work. I don't think HO really knows what goes on at site level, even if they used to work in a site - they forget what its like and don't relate to the servers.

April 10, 2017HR Assistant

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback on Glassdoor. I'm glad to hear you made the most of your staff discount! Of course we are always seeking for ways in which we can become a better employer so i'd like to get some more detail on some of your feedback. If you could email me at jake@iguanas.co.uk to discuss, that'd be great. Thanks, Jake.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 8 reviews