Las Iguanas Employee Reviews about "long hours"

Updated Nov 5, 2021

Found 21 of over 218 reviews

4.1
Las Iguanas CEO Alan Morgan
Alan Morgan
Pros
  • "I joined to Las iguanas in 2016 as a General Manager in York(in 11 reviews)

• "Great support from head office and freedom to run your site how you see fit(in 10 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Just like in every place sometimes you have to work long hours, There are rude customers(in 21 reviews)

• "It’s hard work but it’s enjoyable(in 13 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "long hours"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great vision that puts people first

Aug 23, 2021 - General Manager in Noblesville, IN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great support from head office and freedom to run your site how you see fit. Always put their teams first and reward them when doing well.

Cons

Very few, as a manager you need to pick up the slack when things aren’t going so well so can be long hours but again lots of support so it’s not long term.

Recruitment Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a Glassdoor review! It's great to hear that you really feel part of the Iguanas family. Thank you again and we're really glad you're enjoying your time with us!

2. 4.0
      Former Temporary Employee, less than 1 year

Fun but stressful

Nov 5, 2021 - Server/Waitress
      Business Outlook

Pros

Most staff were friendly and fun, free lunch but could only chose from a few items, good manager

Cons

Long hours, a lot of pressure with regards to hitting targets, lots of drunks we had to deal with

3. 2.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Not family friendly

Sep 8, 2021 - Assistant Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Free food on shift over 6 hours

Cons

Long hours, no work life balance. Labour budgets so low never enough staff

Recruitment Manager

We are really sorry to hear your views on Las Iguanas. As a company, we pride ourselves on the fantastic company culture and environment that has been created over the years. We would really like to discuss your feedback with you further. To do so please contact us at recruitment@bigtablegroup.com to arrange a suitable time.

4. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great company

Aug 18, 2021 - General Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of support and help when needed. Great ethos and togetherness both from head office and ops teams. The team building holidays, prizes and incentives is second to none

Cons

Long hours, but I guess that is just in general within hospitality. I struggled to recruit assistant managers and chefs as qe were in a location a bit further put from again city.

Recruitment Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a Glassdoor review! It's great to hear that you really feel part of the Iguanas family. Thank you again and we're really glad you enjoyed your time with us!

5. 2.0

attracts drunk young adults

Jul 16, 2021 - Server/Waiter in Indianapolis, IN
      Business Outlook

Pros

tips, free lunch, hard to get fired.

Cons

long hours, management, false incentives

Recruitment Manager

We are really sorry to hear your views on Las Iguanas. As a company we pride ourselves on the fantastic company culture and environment that has been created over the years. We would really like to discuss your feedback with you further. To do so please contact us at recruitment@bigtablegroup.com to arrange a suitable time.

6. 5.0

Good company

Jun 10, 2021 - Server
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Provide opportunities for progression. - Fair treatment of staff

Cons

- Unavoidable but very long hours and weekend focused shifts.

7. 3.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Ok for a part time job

Jun 1, 2021 - Bartender in Noblesville, IN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fun when good staff are in

Cons

Long hours and not enough breaks

8. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good start in cocktail world

Feb 27, 2021 - Bartender in Birmingham, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good vegan food Fun team members Good base of bar knowledge

Cons

Long hours Lots of fruit prep Minimum wage

9. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good part time role

Feb 25, 2021 - Server/Waitress
      Business Outlook

Pros

good tips, good training, flexible hours and nice community

Cons

long hours, busy periods, often understaffed

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Best company I ever worked for in London.

Jan 11, 2021 - Keyholder/Supervisor in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

People, The Team, Latin Vibes, You can progress with your career if you willing to, Awesome Music while you are working, You can be yourself, Great Tips, Staff Meal, Good Salary, Fair Management, Happy& Fun Environment, Staff Incentives, Management Support, Company Culture and Values, Great Work life balance... and the list goes on!

Cons

Just like in every place sometimes you have to work long hours, There are rude customers.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 21 Reviews