Las Iguanas Employee Reviews about "long hours"

Updated Jan 21, 2021

Found 15 of over 186 reviews

4.3
Las Iguanas CEO Alan Morgan
Alan Morgan
0 Rating
Pros
  • "There's a great atmosphere at the workplace and it's a really fun environment to work in(in 7 reviews)

• "Super supportive iguanas head office staff that are always readily available to help(in 7 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Long hours tips not shared well(in 12 reviews)

• "Its hard work but I wouldn't expect anything less(in 9 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "long hours"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Best company I ever worked for in London.

Jan 11, 2021 - Keyholder/Supervisor in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

People, The Team, Latin Vibes, You can progress with your career if you willing to, Awesome Music while you are working, You can be yourself, Great Tips, Staff Meal, Good Salary, Fair Management, Happy& Fun Environment, Staff Incentives, Management Support, Company Culture and Values, Great Work life balance... and the list goes on!

Cons

Just like in every place sometimes you have to work long hours, There are rude customers.

Continue reading
    2. 4.0

Supportive and engaged company

Jan 21, 2021 - Supervisor
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great team Great head office Development opportunities Great food and drinks, staff meals free or low priced Engaging and supportive, even during lockdowns You learn a lot with the company and hard work is rewarded Diverse and inclusive and it feels like a family, aided by the Las iguanas community facebook page Somewhat flexible hours if you request it, of course not weekends but that's a given in hospitality Good policies in place and support to ensure 5 star EHO's The company really cares about the customers and focuses on constantly improving feedback

Cons

Unsociable, long hours and not enough pay on salary Even on salary the maternity pay is statutory which I feel desperately needs to change to ensure they remain inclusive to mums and keep them loyal to the company. Benefits could be better

3. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great tips

Dec 17, 2020 - Waitress in Paignton, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Busy and exciting work atmosphere Great tips

Cons

Long hours Some staff a bit mean

4. 4.0

Hard but rewarding

Aug 28, 2020 - Assistant Manager in Swansea, Wales, Wales
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay and wonderful people to work with, both in site in head office and beyond Look after your well being as best they can. Family like team ethic built into the company ethos

Cons

Long hours (48 per week), and expectancy to work over and often with out breaks. E.g work 12 hour shift with no break and food only at 10pm (not just a one off)

Las Iguanas Response

Apologies for the delay in our response, due to the pandemic our team has been on furlough. We are really sorry to hear your views on Las Iguanas. As a company we pride ourselves on the fantastic company culture and environment that has been created over the years. We would really like to discuss your feedback with you further. To do so please contact us at recruitment@bigtablegroup.com to arrange a suitable time.

5. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

waiter

Sep 27, 2020 - kellner, servicekraft in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

not long hours, not breakfast service, tips

Cons

really busy restaurant, many times not enough stuff, late closing.

Las Iguanas Response

Apologies for the delay in our response, due to the pandemic our team has been on furlough. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a Glassdoor review! It's great to hear that you really feel part of the Iguanas family. Thank you again and we're really glad you enjoyed your time with us!

6. 3.0
      Former Employee

Kp

Aug 18, 2020 - Kitchen Porter in Leeds, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

A lot of opportunities for progress

Cons

Long hours tips not shared well

7. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Caring team

Jul 29, 2020 - Shift Supervisor
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great team, feels like they care about you Good management Room for progression

Cons

Long hours Can be stressful

Las Iguanas Response

Apologies for the delay in our response, due to the pandemic our team has been on furlough. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a Glassdoor review! It's great to hear that you really feel part of the Iguanas family. Thank you again and we're really glad you're enjoying your time with us!

8. 5.0

Best place , best Company and best people I have worked with

Jul 29, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Structured progression and personable company , always helpful , lots of incentives and a good job is always recognised by those from above

Cons

Can be long hours but that is the nature of this business , would be the same anywhere you worked in this industry

Las Iguanas Response

Hello, Thank you for leaving us a Glassdoor review!! It's great to hear that you feel we offer structured progression and a personable company! Also that you are always recognised from those above. We are really glad you are enjoying your time with us!

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Bar manager in a fast paced and busy bar. Stock control, recruitment, and retention.

Mar 20, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people business. Brilliant incentives. Fun environment

Cons

Long hours and heavy weeks for small salary

HR Assistant

Thank you for taking the time to leave this brilliant review! It's amazing to hear you feel we are a great people business, provide brilliant incentives and a fun environment. If you are interested in career development opportunities please speak with your line manager who will be more than happy to help with this. Thanks!

10. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Cocktail Barman

Jan 18, 2018 - Bartender in Woking, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I learnt a huge amount about mixology and the bartending industry, I loved the work and the pay was very good.

Cons

Long hours, for the first 4 months of employment I did not have a car, so lots of travel costs (Taxi's). I got let go 2 days before my 4-month trial ended, due to a disagreement with a boss and how I broke a rule which seemed to become purely invented to create an excuse to let me go.

Continue reading

Recruitment Coordinator

Hi. Thank you for leaving us some feedback. I am glad that you enjoyed your time with Las Iguanas. All customer cash tips and service charges are kept by restaurant employees in full. The Tronk system we use allows the restaurant team to decide together and take a vote on how the tips should be split. If you would like to discuss anything further you can email me at jodie@iguanas.co.uk

Viewing 1 - 10 of 15 Reviews