Lead Forensics Reviews

Updated 3 May 2021

3.7
Lead Forensics Managing Director Paul Thomas (no image)
Paul Thomas
Pros
  • "If you are looking for an amazing career in Sales then you should give Lead Forensics serious consideration, money is very good too(in 92 reviews)

• "Before I made the move to LF I was quite nervous, with very little experience in the field(in 19 reviews)

Cons
  • "At Lead Forensics I’ve had to generate my own opportunities initially until I get promoted(in 28 reviews)

• "No HR personnel/ very little HR protocols in place(in 14 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. "Life changing"

Current Employee - Sales Manager

I have been working at Lead Forensics full-time

Pros

Great company with huge earning potential

Cons

None that I can think of

2. "Growth opportunities"

Current Employee - Product in Portsmouth, South East England, England, England

I have been working at Lead Forensics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Lead Forensics provides a good opportunity to join a company, deliver results in the area you work and promote through the business. Having observed the overall business, there are promotions across all departments which is a good sign. The business is highly focused on developing the products and expanding the customer base which makes for interesting and challenging work, there's never a dull day. There's a desire for excellence which is very good.

Cons

This certainly isn't a place to come if you're looking to cruise. It's not sold that way so there should never be a misunderstanding, but you need to be prepared to work hard in Lead Forensics. It's a solutions orientated environment, so if you have a problem, you need to make sure you also propose solutions. This isn't a place for those who like to focus on the problems without suggesting a solution to those problems. There's also still a lot of things that need figuring out in the business, it's not the finished article. Sometimes those who join from large corporates don't gel well with this environment. Whilst the business is well established, it still operates like a early stage business in terms of testing and trying to improve things which means there will be constant change. This works for a lot, but for others, it can be seen as a con. Lastly, there is a high level of expectation for performance in the business. For those that want to come in and be left to their own devices before they have proved they can deliver high performance output, that's unlikely. Leadership will likely remain close whilst they establish you are a high performer and once this is established, you will have a lot more autonomy. Again, good for many, not so good for others.

Continue reading

3. "Progressive and Ambitious"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Bristol, England, England

I worked at Lead Forensics full-time for less than a year

Pros

I was very impressed with the positive and progressive nature of the recruitment and onboarding process. The sales process is similar to most SaaS companies, the product is useful and delivers an ROI for clients therefore renewals are high. Henry and Paul genuinely want their employees to be the best versions of themselves at work and on a personal level. Goal setting is a vital part of this and being held accountable.

Cons

The cons are no different to any other sales role, there is an expectation to perform and deliver results on a regular basis.

"wolf of wall street wannabees"

Former Employee - Sales Executive in Bournemouth, England, England

I worked at Lead Forensics full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great money and excellent training

Cons

Big fishes in a small pond. Bought my own headset as the one provided was broken. small office with certain individuals making it hard for new people to integrate.

5. "good company"

4.0
    • Diversity & Inclusion
    Former Employee - Customer Success Manager in Portsmouth, South East England, England, England

I worked at Lead Forensics full-time for more than a year

Pros

people, my manager, rewards can be good

Cons

demanding, all consuming, very difficult to lead a balanced life

Continue reading

"Would never recommend working here"

Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Lead Forensics full-time

Pros

I struggle to find any.

Cons

This company is a sham! they sell you a dream with all the promises at interview but the reality is when you start you are just a number. They offer no real personal support, training or development. There data is barely viable, you're given leads for countries in a totally different time zone (unless your one of the favourites who are given the data that is actually viable), you are essentially cold calling businesses who have mostly been spoken to several times before and have already asked for their number to be removed. It's unprofessional and embarrassing as a salesperson, especially for a 'leads' company that their own leads are such poor quality. Their CRM system is incredibly bad with constant duplicate accounts and no concern on how data is reported and handled. If you arnt willing work like a slave horse you are pushed out of the company by 'management'. Don't expect any compassion or understanding if your struggling (especially if you've mentioned mental health issues) they only care about money and targets being hit, if you don't make your target quick then you're out, hence the constant revolving door of staff. I was spoken to appaulingly when i left this was something I spoke to HR about after my departure. Whilst the the responses to people's reviews try to defend the company they seem to always turn it on the staff not being the 'right fit'. But perhaps they should look at the horrendous culture they have bred within their company which is demoralising and degrading a lot of people.

Lead Forensics Response

January 29, 2021

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. Clearly you sadly did not have a great experience in our business – that is truly unfortunate and is not beneficial for either party. I have to disagree with your statement on – no real support, training or development – we are proud that our business works extremely hard in every role, team, office to give as much support as humanly possible to make each individual successful. It does take hard work in any sales role to be successful and I wish you all the luck in your future career. Paul - Global Sales Director

"True Enterprise Lead Generation Technology"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Former Employee - Enterprise Sales Executive in Portsmouth, South East England, England, England

I worked at Lead Forensics full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Having worked at Lead Forensics for the best part of 7 years, I saw the business grow from a fairly small-sized operation of perhaps 20 people into a global leader within the space (now with over 500 employees globally). The technology itself alongside the leadership are the two integral reasons to work for this organization. As far as the technology is concerned, it's notoriously difficulty for B2B marketers to measure, monitor and track conversions across the web and Lead Forensics does a great job of doing this. Whether it be tracking activity from social campaigns, email marketing, Google PPC, offline events (where lead lists can be uploaded into the system), ABM campaigns, there is ROI to be accrued across any number of marketing attributed channels. That said, it's one thing being able to track and monitor website visitors, it's an entirely different use case in being able to action those insights. Lead Forensics and their senior team (in 2017-2018) put a lot of work into technical integrations with just about any Enterprise Martech System (ranging from CRM's to Marketing Automation Systems and just about everything in-between). In my opinion, this was the real game-changer in being able to route leads directly through to said Customer's Martech stack, most of these integrations are now native integrations which means that setting the system up is quick and seamless. The CTO and his team have built some impressive automation workflows whereby if a business that visits the Customer website is already a customer, the client can route this straight through to a Customer Success Manager within their CRM system and append the visit detail to their existing customer record. Where there's a visit from a previously anonymous business that fulfils a pre-set lead scoring criteria detailed by the customer, Lead Forensics can route this through to the new business team (again, all automated through bespoke workflows into MA or CRM). In the early days, this began to take away the manual element of needing to cross-reference website visits with an existing customer/prospective lead database which was time consuming for B2B marketers. Looking at the technology now, an automated workflow of leads directly into the customers Martech stack and multiple use cases such as being able to action lapsed customers, better track ABM campaigns alongside measuring campaign ROI from previously unknown visitors coming through PPC makes this a truly enterprise offering. Set-up of Enterprise Software can often be an onerous task, the beauty of the LF solution being that implementation revolves around a Javascript code being added to the Customer website through Google Tag Manager in most cases, the data then is instantly collated. All the customer then needs to do is work with the technical team at Lead Forensics to configure which leads are routed to where within CRM/MA which is often done alongside a designated implementation manager - time to value is perhaps the lowest I've come across in Enterprise Sales which again is important to any B2B marketer. - Quarterly Incentives - Rewarding Commission Structure - Clear plans for growth within the business - Multiple products launched within the LF ecosystem - Direct access to the CEO for personal development

Cons

More outside of LF's control, but identification of businesses outside of EMEA & North America is troublesome due to network set up (often these businesses to not have fixed IP addresses).

Lead Forensics Response

April 29, 2021

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and also for providing some great insights in to our solution. It is useful to hear this from someone who has worked, sold and discussed the platform with so many different types of customers over the years. Our Product and Customer Success teams are always working closely with our customers to improve the product and ensure we support Sales, Marketing and Account Management teams in performing to the best of their abilities day in day out! Thanks again and all the best in your new role. Tom

"Extremely Toxic"

Former Employee - Sales
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Lead Forensics full-time

Pros

Senior management are passionate at least

Cons

Management’s sole purpose is to micromanage, you’re forced to stand at your desk until they tell you to sit and you’re subject to constant forfeit Homophobia is present in office culture, with nicknames being issued directly referencing colleagues’ sexuality. These nicknames are adopted by senior colleagues too

9. "Couldn't be happier here!"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Senior Martech Consultant in Portsmouth, South East England, England, England

I have been working at Lead Forensics full-time for less than a year

Pros

Before I made the move to LF I was quite nervous, with very little experience in the field. As soon as I started work, I was made to feel right at home. There was no question too big, and the whole team had an "all hands on deck" approach to teaching me the ropes. Having worked for the company for around 4 months now, I can honestly say that moving to LF is the best decision I could have made. My confidence in the role has grown tremendously and it's a pleasure working with both my close circle, and the wider network of colleagues.

Cons

Working from home has its challenges, but this is nothing specific to Lead Forensics. Sometimes the environment can be quite fast paced, but it is completely manageable to stay on top of your workload!

"Poor place to work at"

Former Employee - Customer Success Manager

I worked at Lead Forensics full-time

Pros

Good team of people to be working with on a day to day basis

Cons

Poor staff turnover and shocking management. Company say they are people focused but really aren't. They're about 10 years behind the rest of the SASS industry and their competitors are getting a lot better.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 376 Reviews